Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The MS is a beautiful car, I just wish Tesla spent a little more time on the headlight/ tail light design, to me they look bland and cheap, especially the tail lights.
That blue Plaid doesn't seem to have the matrix headlights...at this point I am not taking anything I see on a mule as gospel. Really need to see what the second wave of deliveries hold.

Nope. Basic white performance. Only upgrade was the white interior. 3k less than I had paid. Tried to keep a straight face while I said "I guess I could do that." Took the check and ran. I have an extra car and hated the Model Y after having 2 S's before.
This car shortage is insane, no way that car was worth 58k. Was definitely worth more than the 47k Tesla was offering though.
I don't plan on taking the offer because I'm still enjoying the MYP. I also recently did paint correction/ceramic coating, and would like to appreciate what I just dropped a couple grand on :)

If I can sell it for ~58k in August assuming my plaid order estimate holds up, that would be fabulous.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Called my SA in Toronto Canada to ask if changing colour from white to red would push back my delivery date. He was very quick to say that it would push it back. I kind of think he doesn’t know and was wondering if any of you had your delivery dates change? I ordered my MSLR on April 25 and have a delivery date for August.
I suggest getting what you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: HumanInput
Called my SA in Toronto Canada to ask if changing colour from white to red would push back my delivery date. He was very quick to say that it would push it back. I kind of think he doesn’t know and was wondering if any of you had your delivery dates change? I ordered my MSLR on April 25 and have a delivery date for August.
Order in Qc April 7th Red, chAnge for black april 27th.
No date change. Blank to August since 1 week.

What's this SA (Sales Advisor?) everyone speak of? I ordered 4-5 days ago and no one has contacted me.
My first Tesla... I ordered the Model S LR online, but then went to go for a test drive in a model 3. Didn't mention any interest in the S, but a day later, the person who assisted me with the test drive reached out to congratulate me on the model S, so I'd guess he is my SA and got the commission. He said he will see me again in months. I don't even remember his name,

That blue Plaid doesn't seem to have the matrix headlights...at this point I am not taking anything I see on a mule as gospel. Really need to see what the second wave of deliveries hold.
Who says the refresh MS will have matrix headlights? Aren't they illegal in the US? It's the tail lights I dislike the most though, they just look so cheap and boring c/w premium brands like BMW, MB, Audi.

When I laced my order for a Red Model S Performance on December 5, the estimated delivery was December 19 - December 31.
A couple of weeks ago, no delivery estimate was shown. As of today, I have a new Estimated Delivery: February 14 - March 14. So far, so good...
Out of curiosity I decided to find out where Plaid reservation conversations began on this thread...

Page 1073. Nearly 700 pages for just one release! @1965Cobra427 do you happen to still be on this ride? :D

Who says the refresh MS will have matrix headlights? Aren't they illegal in the US? It's the tail lights I dislike the most though, they just look so cheap and boring c/w premium brands like BMW, MB, Audi.
Configurator shows the new housing like that of the Model Y Performance. It is true, they have no real purpose in the US, (yet, hopefully)

Looks 100x better with the red brake calipers!
Not a fan of the new cast "Arachnid" look-alike wheels with the fat rims and plastic center cap compared to the original Arachnid wheels.
Glad that I will be keeping my original forged wheelset for the new Plaid. ;)

1623288917567.png

1623289141087.jpeg