Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see some plaids with black calipers
blk.JPG

How did they get another 65 miles without 4680's? That bodes well for the new cells!

The 4680 cells increase range by 16% for any given size pack. Right on the money!

Several things going for it. Lighter weight, less drag, new battery architecture, elons special pixie dust, etc.

Does not necessarily mean 4680. Those boosted the plaid into the 550 range.

it’s getting late on the East Coast, hoping this is going to be like the Oscars... Elon Musk ‘In recognition of his tireless and selfless work on the Tesla Motor Club Model S Delivery Update Forum I am honored to present one of the first Model S Plaids to @omarsultan, please come to the stage to accept you car.’ .... @omarsultan ‘Thank you Elon, thank you Tesla. It is with great pride that I accept these keys (are we getting key fobs or is it just the credit card, whatever, irrelevant for this story). It is with great pride that I accept these ‘keys’. I would like to thank my family and friends for sticking by me through the highs and lows of this process, I’d like to thank monkey for actually getting me a delivery date that stuck. Most importantly I’d like to thank the team at the Model S Delivery Forum who have been with me through thick and thin (mostly thin and lots of sugar), I accept these keys on behalf of them all and a special shout out to the down trodden and forgotten LR guys, your time will come!‘ ... that’s what I want to hear ... come on @omarsultan make us proud!!!!
Hilarious!!
I thought it was a FOB though?😂