Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope just a setting like in the older cars. Has 3 drive modes. Chill, Sport and Plaid.
I‘m confused. The manual states to select “Drag Strip Mode” on the touchscreen, then launch mode by holding the brake and accelerator down at the same time, which enables Cheetah mode, then wait for the battery condition to prep, then you are ready to go.

Soooo, is the 1.99 secs available all the time without going through these steps? It doesn’t seem like it. If that is the case, what is the ”real world” 0-60 without utilizing “Drag Strip Mode”?

I am stopped at a light. A jerk in a Hellcat pulls up next to me and flips me the bird while calling me a ”Stupid tree-hugger.” Do I yell back, “Please wait whilst I engage my Drag Strip Mode you dumb *sugar*!”

I am stopped at a light. A jerk in a Hellcat pulls up next to me and flips me the bird while calling me a ”Stupid tree-hugger.” Do I yell back, “Please wait whilst I engage my Drag Strip Mode you dumb *sugar*!”
Pretty sure even my 2016 P90D can beat a hellcat off the line without Ludicrous+ mode and the battery warmup.

Does it require a mode, or a sequence of steps to launch?
The newly available manual has the launch sequence. Can do drag strip mode warmup, then depress brake, then accelerator pedal, then screen says ok, and release brake!

How to Launch the Vehicle
The touchscreen provides visual instructions on how to launch:
1. Touch Controls > Pedals & Steering > Drag Strip Mode.
2. Wait for the instrument panel to indicate that the vehicle is Peak Performance Ready.
3. With Model S shifted into Drive and at a complete stop, firmly hold the brake pedal with your left foot, then fully press the accelerator pedal.
4. Once step 3 is complete, the front suspension begins lowering into a "cheetah stance".
NOTE: Suspension lowering for "cheetah stance" significantly reduces ground clearance.
5. Wait for the instrument panel to indicate that Drag Strip Mode is Ready to Launch.
6. Once you see "Cheetah Stance Enabled" and "Ready to launch" on the instrument panel, release the brake pedal to launch the vehicle.
Acceleration Modes

Page 74 of new Manual.

This was exactly the use case for "M-mode" on an M5 I had in the past. A button on the steering wheel that when pressed set all the car configuration settings to ones you had elected as top-performance, in one click. Of course, the V10 didn't need to "warm up" quite as much as a battery pack does...

Reactions: emailforbrett
I‘m confused. The manual states to select “Drag Strip Mode” on the touchscreen, then launch mode by holding the brake and accelerator down at the same time, which enables Cheetah mode, then wait for the battery condition to prep, then you are ready to go.

Soooo, is the 1.99 secs available all the time without going through these steps? It doesn’t seem like it. If that is the case, what is the ”real world” 0-60 without utilizing “Drag Strip Mode”?

You yell back "F*** the environment and f*** you and your dinosaur...I'll wait for you at the next light"!!!!!

Gents (and ladies if you are lurking here), there is a lot of reading to catch up on since last night, so I apologize if this sentiment has already been expressed. I consider last night to be the worst case scenario: no information that we did not already know and zero tangible information on deliveries outside of the 25 that got theirs last night. I realize Elon threw out some vague expectations on delivery numbers, but I found it to be as useful and reliable as the monkey. Can't help but feel deflated from the "event". :confused:

Ok. I’m frustrated. I feel like Tesla (Elon?) gave a big F**K you to LR order holders last night. Was the LR version mentioned even once last night? If it was I didn’t see it.

I have had a blank delivery estimate for over 3 months. Will I get the the car next month, September, next year? Who knows. Tesla doesn’t seem to have any idea. Makes planning a “fun” challenge.

I‘m tired of feeling like a pigeon hunting for little knowledge crumbs dropped by an oblivious Elon. And I’m tired of how this all seems like an amusing little game to Elon while his real attention is focused on building rockets.

I wish there was an existent viable alternative to the MS.