Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I‘m confused. The manual states to select “Drag Strip Mode” on the touchscreen, then launch mode by holding the brake and accelerator down at the same time, which enables Cheetah mode, then wait for the battery condition to prep, then you are ready to go.

Soooo, is the 1.99 secs available all the time without going through these steps? It doesn’t seem like it. If that is the case, what is the ”real world” 0-60 without utilizing “Drag Strip Mode”?

I am stopped at a light. A jerk in a Hellcat pulls up next to me and flips me the bird while calling me a ”Stupid tree-hugger.” Do I yell back, “Please wait whilst I engage my Drag Strip Mode you dumb *sugar*!”
you probably don't need any special mode to destroy that car in the street.

• Car is ~78in at the rear tires--will do more measuring later
  • Just posted more pics including the frunk: 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid - osultan
  • I now what the manual says, but there are no buttons I could see--even tried pressing that area--maybe its not enabled yet. We got a short orientation and they just showed us the screen control

Nah, I agree it wasn’t presented well but the refresh is on another level compared to a P100D. Plus it’s hard to find used P100Ds.
I'd sell my used 2019 MS Performance with Ludicrous and FSD which only has 13,500 miles. Considering how *sugar* Tesla's trade in offer is, my local auto dealer is giving me 20% more for it than Tesla was willing to do, only challenge is has to be by a week from next Monday. Lord knows I won't have a VIN by then for my current 6/25 delivery date.

• I now what the manual says, but there are no buttons I could see--even tried pressing that area--maybe its not enabled yet. We got a short orientation and they just showed us the screen control
need you to drive....then jump in the back seat (while driving)....and see if youtube works while the car is driving.

K. thanks.

:p

Briefly press the two scroll wheels (but don’t hold them). The gear selector should appear.

1623425585973.png

Finally! A decent image of what my car will look like.

Just my voice but i disagree - IMHO Execution at Tesla is overall strong - they are delivering what seems to be an overall amazing vehicle at a price that is significantly less than the European competition and doing it with humans in a big business that seem committed and connected…thats not easy to do.

and a COO could ruin that …

big risks in changing what does seem to be working really well
I think product mgmt and engineering are doing a great job designing product. Tesla falls down on operations--someone to make sure the trains run on time day-to-day, IMO that is where a COO would help.