Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR Update! March -> August -> June 1-31 -> August -> June 22-30 -> June 21-30 -> Blank -> June -> June 21-30 -> now JUNE again as of this morning.

Feeling hopeful that I haven't seen August for a few switches now... but I think I'm just going to feel better when Gabe's next flyover shows us some LR's being loaded on the delivery trucks.

Tried checking in on the delivery of my MS LR, was July, then august, been blank for two weeks, SA said yesterday, "It will be a few months out still. Any new updates that come in we will reach out". Ordered April 25th.
Same order date as me. I have no plans to even inquire about my car until mid August.

Reactions: gadelrosario
I was able to add my insurance info without a VIN though I will have to update it.

Yeah mine pushed forward today even with an Oct estimate. Odd was I had set to do partial financing at least and that got removed, now it says i've chosen to pay in full in the completed section, and it moved on to upload insurance as the next step - can't do that since policy ends in august anyway though until renew (in TX). Bit odd, will have to fix that finance step now it seems.

I see no mention of Sirius XM in the manual. So, is this not a feature anymore. Still can’t believe Tesla can not figure a way to have AM radio either.

FYI Elon - when traveling, cell does not always have coverage, so that is why Sirius and AM radio is nice.
I saw it on a window sticker. Sirius XM is available

Reactions: DBV1 and SoCal Buzz
Ok rewatched the presentation... It wasn't great but ok I'm in love again, where's my damn car
1623428766055.png

• Car is ~78in at the rear tires--will do more measuring later
  • Just posted more pics including the frunk: 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid - osultan
  • I now what the manual says, but there are no buttons I could see--even tried pressing that area--maybe its not enabled yet. We got a short orientation and they just showed us the screen control
Wow looks awesome!! Thanks for taking the time to share all of the pics and info!!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I don’t find it to be ideal either but the perfect human hasn’t been created, so with guys like that you get the good with the bad.
  • Car is ~78in at the rear tires--will do more measuring later
  • Just posted more pics including the frunk: 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid - osultan
  • I now what the manual says, but there are no buttons I could see--even tried pressing that area--maybe its not enabled yet. We got a short orientation and they just showed us the screen control
Looking at the pictures of the trunk gave me an intense sense of new car smell.

Curious. How many statements does the owners manual say “may not be available at time of delivery” as opposed to what Tesla is telling prospective buyers is factual.

Attachments

• 3EE12208-4AA6-4F8A-9FED-D2CD125854F6.jpeg
    3EE12208-4AA6-4F8A-9FED-D2CD125854F6.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: HumanInput