Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will go explore some more on my next break--should have taken a vacation day today :)
Thanks for all the pics so far!! Apologies for requesting this again, but this thread is very active as expected and just wanted to make sure you saw it. :)

Can you please take a pic as follows
  1. close to the ground from behind and
  2. a little further away from the car (a couple of car lengths) and
  3. zoom in your camera (to get closer) .

A couple of car lengths away reduces the distortion of the car compared to a shot that is taken very close to the car.

Objective is to see how wide those 295 rear tires look.

If you can also take pics of the fenders showing how the tires line up with the fenders. Just to show much they are streamlined with the body?

Thanks!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I’m about at the end of my rope. Been sharing car since January. SA has no insight on delivery, other than “pre-refresh orders will have priority.” Was thinking about the beater car to tie me over , but had another thought. Would I be better buying a M3 and then selling it when MS is delivered? Any idea how much I’d lose on M3 trade in after only a few months, given the hot used car market? Any other downside? Thanks for any thoughts.

Reactions: HumanInput
I’m about at the end of my rope. Been sharing car since January. SA has no insight on delivery, other than “pre-refresh orders will have priority.” Was thinking about the beater car to tie me over , but had another thought. Would I be better buying a M3 and then selling it when MS is delivered? Any idea how much I’d lose on M3 trade in after only a few months, given the hot used car market? Any other downside? Thanks for any thoughts.

At least 10%, probably 15%, could be higher if the used car market shifts, it's strong right now.

The founders plaid placard and the tequila was a nice touch, good job Tesla.
Certainly, the highlight of the evening... ;)

1623432796232.png

I had to save a lot of money to afford this, but I am getting ahead of my target. If I don't get my car till say October, I am planning on buying the arachnid and using them for daily driving. I'll have a full set to swap for road trips.
Not sure if this was true since I last owned my Model S, but the manual states in the service area you can change the wheels now in the UI. I suspect that’s for range calculations?

Reactions: HumanInput