Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it really take 5 minutes to precondition the battery? Can @omarsultan please confirm how long it takes for the battery to precondition on an average day? Thank you for all that you do Omar
Let's go see--I am supposed to be mowing the lawn, but this seems like more fun. :).

BRB

Hey @omarsultan, when something is playing exclusively in the rear screen (Netflix, YT), the audio still uses the entire speaker system or is there dedicated sound for just the rear passengers? It sounds obvious that it would be the former but just looking for confirmation.
@omarsultan While you are waiting for drag strip mode to heat, maybe you can checkout the question above. (Does watching Netflix in the back only play the sound in the back.)

Reactions: elguapo and MyT-S
Does it really take 5 minutes to precondition the battery? Can @omarsultan please confirm how long it takes for the battery to precondition on an average day? Thank you for all that you do Omar
So ambient temp is 81F and my pack is at 89% - tapping drag strip mode and I got a message that it would take 6 min to pre-condition the battery.

Honest question, not meant to start a war between the classes...
What is the point of getting Plaid (other than getting a car sooner at this point)?

Here's my reasoning. The LR goes 0-60 in 3.1. Plaid apparently only does 2.5 to 2.7 unless "engaged" or whatever which takes 5 minutes and puts it into a stance for takeoff. So what other value am I missing? Thinking back to the days of the P models, you'd pay $20k for the added speed. Why is it now so much more? Really not trying to make pokes at peacocking or anything, truly trying to understand.
I think the big difference is above 80 MPH. Most people don't really go much faster than 80 mph so I get it. But above 80 mph, the Plaid is way, way, way faster. I mean, 155 mph trap speed in the quarter. All depends on what your goals are for this car.

Also, I think the Plaid will prove that it can do a 2.2 0-60 in the street once people start logging more data.

I think the big difference is above 80 MPH. Most people don't really go much faster than 80 mph so I get it. But above 80 mph, the Plaid is way, way, way faster. I mean, 155 mph trap speed in the quarter. All depends on what your goals are for this car.

Also, I think the Plaid will prove that it can do a 2.2 0-60 in the street once people start logging more data.
We poor souls with older technology will see improvements above 40 mph which is really helpful.

@omarsultan While you are waiting for drag strip mode to heat, maybe you can checkout the question above. (Does watching Netflix in the back only play the sound in the back.)
So, this needs a bit more exploration, which I don't have time right now, so take this with a grain of salt. It seams like everyone share the "Theater" source. I stared Netflix from the back screen and the sound played over all the speakers. I switched to Hulu from the front seat and that showed up on the speakers and both screens. I will have to see what happens with say music in the from and gaming in the back, but I would guess if different folks want to listen to different things, it will involve using BT headsets.

Honest question, not meant to start a war between the classes...
What is the point of getting Plaid (other than getting a car sooner at this point)?

Here's my reasoning. The LR goes 0-60 in 3.1. Plaid apparently only does 2.5 to 2.7 unless "engaged" or whatever which takes 5 minutes and puts it into a stance for takeoff. So what other value am I missing? Thinking back to the days of the P models, you'd pay $20k for the added speed. Why is it now so much more? Really not trying to make pokes at peacocking or anything, truly trying to understand.
Torque vectoring, acceleration above 60, and new tri-motor with new tech.
The LR is the more sensible purchase but idc, plaid for me.

For me really it was plaid wasn’t justified when plaid plus was 20K more with so much more range.so I was gonna go with LR till plaid plus came and then switch. But when plaid plus got cancelled - and plaid being the fastest car in production and can get it much sooner... I went with that option. I still have LR on order though ans haven’t cancelled it yet. No delivery date on it.

For your continued entertainment, here is Yoke Adventure #2. Still a work in progress, but I am feeling better. I have stopped reaching for the turn signals and have a better idea of what to do with my hands.

Yeah.. looks like work in progress. Sure eventually it will be fine but clearly yoke will not be "better" than the traditional steering wheel. Again, if yoke steering was a better way to drive, any car company could have put one in a car over the last 120 years. It's not some new crazy technology.

Tesla forced the entire industry to develop electric cars, better UI etc. , I don't think other car makers are running to engineering departments saying "get a Yoke in the 2022's!"