Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went back and watched the video from the event last night and I think Elon's comment about AutoShift getting smarter about what you want to do was a bit confusing in terms of how smart AutoShift is. Given all the AP/FSD smarts in the car, I thought it might figure out what to do next after backing out--my bad.

The current feature is called “AutoShift from Park”. It seems like they intend to enable a more general AutoShift feature later.

I’m surprised they haven’t also done auto turn signals. Seems like something the NavOnAP / City Streets code should be able to handle. Wouldn’t be surprised to see it show up at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: HumanInput
So ambient temp is 81F and my pack is at 89% - tapping drag strip mode and I got a message that it would take 6 min to pre-condition the battery.
Wow! Seems like they've improved the precondition timing. Thanks a lot for checking this out for me and others who needed this to be answered. You're one of a kind and an assett to this group.

Did a quick video on AutoShift

So awesome! Tahnk you so much for doing that and any other videos you do to help ALL of us!! Much appreciated!! btw - I did guggle a little when you said to hit the "gas peddle." What's a gas peddle? lol! ;) Omar -- you're awesome! Keep it up. Thanks!!

Wow! Seems like they've improved the precondition timing. Thanks a lot for checking this out for me and others who needed this to be answered. You're one of a kind.

Yea in FL the time to precondition may be like 1 minute....lol.

in All seriousness it will be interesting to see how the back to back performance is now. I bet that too is much improved. Tesla took it on the chin from C&D when they did 60 s back to back runs. Porsche hung in there much better. Tesla won't make that mistake twice.

I am so frustrated. Ordered my MS Plaid 6 months ago. Wood trim was not an option, and now people who ordered just recently are going to be receiving delivery because they chose wood trim. I would swap out for wood trim in a second if it meant delivery, nobody is offering that option. If i make a new car order, it is another $10k. Thats just not right.
I feel you, was thinking the same thing. They should of offered to those that had no other option but CF at the time of ordering the option to switch at no additional cost or delay in front of those that just ordered their car more recently. It’s not that I’m not happy/excited for those that received VINs recently, but come on…lol.

Honest question, not meant to start a war between the classes...
What is the point of getting Plaid (other than getting a car sooner at this point)?

Here's my reasoning. The LR goes 0-60 in 3.1. Plaid apparently only does 2.5 to 2.7 unless "engaged" or whatever which takes 5 minutes and puts it into a stance for takeoff. So what other value am I missing? Thinking back to the days of the P models, you'd pay $20k for the added speed. Why is it now so much more? Really not trying to make pokes at peacocking or anything, truly trying to understand.

2.5 seconds to 3.1 seconds is about 100 pounds of additional force against your chest if you‘re a 200 pound driver. That’s a stiff kick in the chest. Huge. ...and that’s only to 60 mph. Above 60 mph, the 1000 HP going to three carbon sleeved rotors keeps pulling on the car into triple digit speed, so you are still pinned in your seat while the LR is losing steam.

Think interstate merges going from slow to 80 mph accelerating up the on-ramp. I think it’s the 40-80 mph realm where you’ll really notice the difference.

Apparently, anything except White interior and CF is getting a June delivery and a VIN. Having a Plaid with White/White and 19" wheels I feel like I'm not getting mine until August. Sucks for me because I want to sell my 2020 performance S but also don't want to be without a car for a couple of months :(
In the same boat except I also ordered the 21" wheels & FSD. But yeah, likely August for my Plaid too. Oh well.

Reactions: HumanInput