Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received a text from Tesla and not the SA who reached out to me when I first placed my order.

Hi (removed my name), Tesla Delivery here!
Reaching out with good news, we are looking to have your new Model S delivered to you by the end of this month!!
If you are looking to accept delivery this month, please reply "YES" to this text thread and confirm information on file!
We will be offering touch-less home deliveries when the vehicle is available. Please reply back to confirm the delivery address and parking: (removed my address)

I of course replied with a big fat YYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS 😂
The reply I received when asking if I can pick it up at my nearest location instead of doing a direct delivery. They said yes, but between 3-5PM which I agreed to.

"No problem! I will notate that you would rather pick up here at (location removed) delivery center. You will receive an additional notification (via this text thread) in the next few days when we find a VIN that matches your configuration!
Be sure to reply as soon as we match you. Have a great day!"

They seem to be sure I'm getting one this month, but don't have a VIN that matches my config?! Time to hold my breath 😶

Well, they are to blame.

Say you went to a restaurant and ordered a burger. Just because someone came later and said they wanna order a $200 menu doesn’t make it fair to serve their order first.

I mean I get the frustration, I haven't been waiting as long as some (4.5 months and counting) and sold my other car 4 months ago but I still understand the business strategy and, I think, for most LR holders it will relatively mean nothing. It's not like they are capable of pumping out thousands per week and they are all plaid... Again it's a couple hundred by the end of the month max. So you're likely not going to be waiting much longer than you would if it were all in order.

Sometimes I say, screw it, it will come when it comes. Other times I get really aggravated. Probably aggravated now because I am seeing people with LR’s getting text messages and vins that ordered way after me. I really hope they ramp up production in July but don’t have expectations. They have let me down too many tes now.

Well, they are to blame.

Say you went to a restaurant and ordered a burger. Just because someone came later and said they wanna order a $200 menu doesn’t make it fair to serve their order first.
Actually. I'd do that in a heartbeat as a business order. It's called capitalism.

TSLA has been in the toilet lately (and their challenges are increasing as time goes on) so not sure how it will all play out over the next several QTRs. Again, I am paying cash with a cashier's check on the day of delivery but I had thought about putting down a bunch of cash and taking a $50-$100k loan but I would rather buy the car outright and have zero debt and zero owed when I trade the vehicle in about 2-3 years (as I drive approx 18k-20k per year)...getting the most I can on a trade-in for the next one. But that's me; everyone is different in a different position. Other than my home mortgage, I have zero debt AND I invest plenty in the market and my corporate Roth 401k so again, that's me...the way I do it isn't for everyone and choices are good! ;)
" . . . in the toilet lately . . . " means it is on sale, and it's the time to buy.

Sadly, another example of just how poor our educational system is--there is next to zero education on how to invest in disruptive companies.

Recommend you begin with SMR's "Solving the Money Problem," David Lee's "Investing," and Rob Mauer's "Tesla Daily Podcast, " as all are on YouTube.

Well, they are to blame.

This would particularly be true when the restaurant lied and said they already had the burger ready to go and would cook it for you and serve it in 5 minutes--tricking you into staying instead of going to another restaurant--but then one hour later they are cooking the other person's food and have no idea when they will serve yours.

Any benefit of Tesla’s 21st vs aftermarket?
That’s still open for debate. If you compare the new arachnids to the old ones, it seems like Tesla tried to modify the wheels for aerodynamic benefits. The lug nuts are now covered and the lip is much wider and flatter. These changes did not improve the appearance, so it seems likely that the changes were made for efficiency reasons. It seems unlikely that any aftermarket wheels would take efficiency into consideration. This is just my interpretation, and I could be way off on this. I need to somehow rationalize why I spent $4,500 on these things.

Here yah go :)
FYI:
Well I believed dragy was some sort of Tesla-talk. Just like when I see someone write i ordered a long range MSM. I HAVE NO idea what MSM means but I did google it and came up with the same info as my delivery date. Nada. Unless it refers to a vitamin supplement

Sometimes I say, screw it, it will come when it comes. Other times I get really aggravated. Probably aggravated now because I am seeing people with LR’s getting text messages and vins that ordered way after me. I really hope they ramp up production in July but don’t have expectations. They have let me down too many tes now.
Aggravated too! On your account page at the bottom under "Order Agreement" what date do you have for "Order placed with electroncialy accepted terms"? For some reason mine says March 1st when I ordered and had everthing complete in October. They better not be putting me in cue from this 3/1/21 date.

FYI:
Well I believed dragy was some sort of Tesla-talk. Just like when I see someone write i ordered a long range MSM. I HAVE NO idea what MSM means but I did google it and came up with the same info as my delivery date. Nada. Unless it refers to a vitamin supplement
MSM is a paint color. Specifically, Midnight Silver Metallic

Hi everybody!
Is the anybody in here from east coast who already got the VIN number of their new Tesla Plaid and waiting for delivery in the near future?
I just talked with representative from Tesla about my order and they told me that east coast has faster delivery dates then west coast.
I am waiting for my Plaid in Florida.
I wonder if this information is true?
Yes. NY. Vehicle details above and timeline below in signature.

Hi everybody!
Is the anybody in here from east coast who already got the VIN number of their new Tesla Plaid and waiting for delivery in the near future?
I just talked with representative from Tesla about my order and they told me that east coast has faster delivery dates then west coast.
I am waiting for my Plaid in Florida.
I wonder if this information is true?
Not me in Maryland 1/27 order Rn1144

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My order agreement shows
Aggravated too! On your account page at the bottom under "Order Agreement" what date do you have for "Order placed with electroncialy accepted terms"? For some reason mine says March 1st when I ordered and had everthing complete in October. They better not be putting me in cue from this 3/1/21 date.
My agreement shows

Order placed with electronically accepted terms
RN1142xxxxxx 01/31/2021

I assume that was the date my sa I put that I was good with the new price as it went up 10k from original order on 12/15

Reactions: EndlessPlaid