Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can feel your pain as I’m on the same boat.

No personal offense but someone ordering a Plaid on June 12 getting VINs whereas people who ordered LR waiting for 6+ months have no words for delivery? 🤷🏽‍♂

I'm definitely cancelling my order if I don't get the car by the end of this month.

I honestly don't blame Tesla. QTR is two more weeks, they are only going to be able to deliver a few hundred max. Need to squeeze as much juice as possible. I think LR orders ramp significantly by July.

I honestly don't blame Tesla. QTR is two more weeks, they are only going to be able to deliver a few hundred max. Need to squeeze as much juice as possible. I think LR orders ramp significantly by July.
Well, they are to blame.

Say you went to a restaurant and ordered a burger. Just because someone came later and said they wanna order a $200 menu doesn’t make it fair to serve their order first.

Linky no worky
lol I reposted the link
I’m definitely no VIP at anything! :)

You‘re looking at the rates for RV’s and such. Here are the new car rates for 72 mos:

61-72 months (greater than or equal to $20,000)2.38% to 14.48%

Still, well above my 1.2% they quoted me back in January when I applied. Back then I thought I’d have my car within 30 days. I’m guessing the rates have gone up a point or so since then. I know it was a special they were running when I applied. You could call and ask them about any special rate offers they me have, I suppose.

Incidentally, they notified me about a month ago that I would have to reapply when I get my VIN since it has been so long.
Yes interest rates are up quite a bit since the beginning of 2021 but still super low at the moment.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It’s offensive people waiting since last year don’t even get the courtesy of a note telling them went to expect their car while filling orders made last week. That being said, as long as they start to make progress on the orders made pre-refresh in July it’s barely tolerable.

There’s no way to find this out, but I wonder what the cancellation rate has been for orders made pre-refresh. Given they’ve been waiting five months or more, got hit with an $8,000 price increase, and are being ignored, it’s not zero. And are those sales lost forever and lost customers to the brand worth a tiny bump in Q2 revenue and profit? Seems shortsighted.

Just received a text from Tesla and not the SA who reached out to me when I first placed my order.

Hi (removed my name), Tesla Delivery here!
Reaching out with good news, we are looking to have your new Model S delivered to you by the end of this month!!
If you are looking to accept delivery this month, please reply "YES" to this text thread and confirm information on file!
We will be offering touch-less home deliveries when the vehicle is available. Please reply back to confirm the delivery address and parking: (removed my address)

I of course replied with a big fat YYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS 😂
awesome, another red/CF. great news.

If you actually want to purchase a MS then an order is a pretty good way to start. I’m not sure how else you expect to get the vehicle. It’s the best entertainment $100 can buy!
It does as a placeholder on price. We don't expect prices to go down, in fact you can expect LR MS prices to likely go up a bit as deliveries start etc. Inflation in general and raw material cost & competition is all heading up - TSLA can't impact its margins any, they are barely profitable and that is with all the carbon credits (and bitcoin even in last quarter).

Reactions: EndlessPlaid