Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you actually want to purchase a MS then an order is a pretty good way to start. I’m not sure how else you expect to get the vehicle. It’s the best entertainment $100 can buy!
Lol I'm not sure if I like the waiting game with no end date. I figure once production ramps up they will start having some on inventory or demo vehicles at the end of quarter/year.

Lol I'm not sure if I like the waiting game with no end date. I figure once production ramps up they will start having some on inventory or demo vehicles at the end of quarter/year.
No one really enjoys the waiting game, but if you tell yourself you will just wait for an inventory car then you are really still playing the waiting game. It will just be for a significantly longer amount of time, and there is no guarantee that the price won't go up by the time an inventory car is available. You can hedge against future price increases if you put down a $100 deposit and Tesla ends up raising the price. You have nothing to lose except $100 to lock in todays pricing.

Don't trust me though - I'm singlehandedly keeping Tesla in business by having multiple nonrefundable deposits on cars I will never purchase.

Last edited:
It is my desired configuration, but maybe the wood will grow on me. Maybe someone wants to swap the trim. Maybe I wrap it - if it can even be wrapped. But I will spend some time with it before I ultimately decide what I want to do with it.
I have a feeling swapping the trim on the refresh will be a bigger job than it looks.
But there’s a risk of price increases. I’m pretty sure that happened to a few folks with the recent plaid price increase.

As a reference point for folks, I placed my Plaid order June 10 after cancelling a Plaid+ order. MSM, Black, Wood, FSD. I messaged a contact I have at Tesla who is as honest as they come who said “be ready, it’ll be sooner rather than later”. I do not have a VIN yet, but just received a text message from Tesla saying my car will have finished production before end of June, and to have all my items filled out online otherwise delivery will be delayed.

Edit: BTW, I am long time lurker, but always find this forum to be a hugely valuable source of information. Thank you all (especially you, Omar)!

Last edited:
As a reference point for folks, I placed my order June 10 after cancelling a Plaid+ order. MSM, Black, Wood, FSD. I messaged a contact I have at Tesla who is as honest as they come who said “be ready, it’ll be sooner rather than later”. I do not have a VIN yet, but just received a text message from Tesla saying my car will have finished production before end of June, and to have all my items filled out online otherwise delivery will be delayed.

Edit: BTW, I am long time lurker, but always find this forum to be a hugely valuable source of information. Thank you all (especially you, Omar)!
You placed a Plaid order right? Definitely not a LR seems.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It looks like the 19 inch wheels don't have the covers on them. I wonder if they will put on the darker ones upon the final destination or go with the lighter ones since these are early builds
I saw that too but that looks like a Model Y. Actually I’m not sure.

Attachments

• 1FA5A7A2-94CF-4647-98B5-17F4829E3632.png
    1FA5A7A2-94CF-4647-98B5-17F4829E3632.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
FYI I got the raw footage from Ryan and pulled into Final Cut so I could look at the time codes with more resolution--the 2nd and 3rd run were 2:15 and 2:12 respectively - I don't think he used those in the final video because he was trying to get a better angle on the plaid visualization. :)
That’s a 0-60 of 2.4 seconds assuming he’s editing on a 29.97 timeline which he most likely is. If it’s a 59.97 then 2.2 seconds!

You got the Dragy, what are you waiting for 😂

That’s a 0-60 if 2.4 seconds assuming he’s editing on a 29.97 timeline which he most likely is. If it’s a 59.97 that’s 2.2 seconds.

That annoying work thing is getting in the way--plus my family is about to put my picture on a milk carton. It's all 100F around here so incentive to leave the house is low. :)

I don’t understand how some West Coast folks already have VINs and possibly even a delivery. I didn’t think that would happen for another 7-10 days and it makes me think mine won’t be arriving this month 😢
If I were to wager a guess as to why your order is showing as July, it would be because they don't seem to be making Reds in any significant numbers at all. They might be planning to kick off a Red production run in July...

That’s a 0-60 of 2.4 seconds assuming he’s editing on a 29.97 timeline which he most likely is. If it’s a 59.97 then 2.2 seconds!

I can see the headlines tomorrow when I do a google on "tesla plaid 0-60":

"@omarsultan is the first 3rd party individual to independently verify Tesla's 0-60 claims by clocking a 2.2 0-60 mph jump to Plaid! "