Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or, it's that both the Track Package and Arachnid-equipped cars will be able to do 200. I say that the Arachnids may be capable of it because if you look at the tire ratings on the Arachnid wheels, they are (y) rated. Now, I'm not sure exactly what this means, as the manual isn't too clear on it. Here is what the manual has to say about the tire ratings:

Speed rating. When stated, indicates the maximum speed (in mph) at which the tire can be used for extended periods. Q=99 mph (160 km/h), R=106 mph (170 km/h), S=112 mph (180 km/h), T=118 mph (190 km/h), U=124 mph (200 km/h), H=130 mph (210 km/h), V=149 mph (240 km/h), W=168 mph (270 km/h), Y=186 mph (300 km/h), (Y)=vehicle's top speed (exceeds the "Y" rating).
Is this just telling us that the vehicle's top speed exceeds the tire rating, or is it telling us that the tire is rated to go beyond 186 mph to the vehicle's top speed?

A couple of things, since the quoting feature is not working for me right now:
  • The alternate charge port might simply be for non-US models
  • I think if they change the tail lights, they'll keep the form factor. It would be ridiculously expensive to manufacture new stamping dies. In the past, when Tesla has updated lights, they have generally kept the form factor the same, unless its part of a larger refresh (Model S foglight cluster, Model 3/Y headlight update)
  • Is there is a track pack with an active spoiler, I am going to guess it is an order time option only. The active spoiler requires a different decklid and would not be retrofittable on any of the metallic paint colors as they would not match
  • @Tigers - what up dude, do you need a Snickers? How can you be mad about a feature that is not active yet. The manual states the HW is in the car and the SW might not be turned on yet.

The alternate charge port in the catalog had a US Tesla inlet on it. It was just large enough to also contain a CCS port or the dual port for China.

The charge port definitely wouldn't fit in the current location, so it would need a new quarter plan. Even if it was just for European cars, they're going to have to invest in the stamps for that part anyway. It would make less sense to keep manufacturing two different quarter panel styles than just a single one and update the US charge port to fit it.

And with the new US charge port, the taillights would need to be updated, since this just wouldn't fit in the old light.

Does anyone know for sure whether All Season tires are an option for the 21in Arachnid wheels?

Someone at my local Tesla shop said yes, but it seemed like they were merely speculating based on previous offerings.

I want the Arachnid wheels...but need all season tires. And don't want to deal with aftermarket. TIA.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Does anyone know for sure whether All Season tires are an option for the 21in Arachnid wheels?

Someone at my local Tesla shop said yes, but it seemed like they were merely speculating based on previous offerings.

I want the Arachnid wheels...but need all season tires. And don't want to deal with aftermarket. TIA.
I've only seen 20" w/ the 295/30 in all season, don't think they make 21"s yet

Another way of putting it is - let's ship something half baked ("MVP") and update later.

That's a fine strategy and works for elite companies. But, it comes down to trust of Tesla. Personally, I was just hoping it would be active so people could review it and that way we would know that it works and works well and will be useful.

Maybe others do not care, but for me, this was top 2 of the reasons I decided to get a Model S vs something else (the other being supercharging network). With this, if they don't have it functional by the time I get a VIN, it's rolling the dice a bit with Tesla as to whether it will ever work or be useful and I lean towards hesitancy on that.

@theatrus - dont forget, we are on a 4 month delay and counting. Its not wanting it "yesterday" Im just hoping it works by the EOQ 3.
Didn't someone previously post they were cancelling their order because the aero caps are now black instead of silver?

I don't think anyone sells an A/S in that size. Pilot Sport 4S, P-Zero, and a Falken if you're on a budget. All performance summers.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have contemplated this as well. But a few comments from Omar about enjoying the car now and such has me just getting it and worrying about having better later.

My guess is that they will update the taillights but they will not update the sheet metal due to expense/time. The active spoiler will be a taligate change. If that is the case, I will just buy the new tail lights and swap them out.

There will be a track package that will be equivalent to the old Plaid + improvements on spoiler, HP/TQ, suspension, etc. Maybe then they will also go 4860 in both and bring out the Plaid+ and LR+.

Just uneducated speculation - something I have not posted in a while

Hey @omarsultan can you let it autoshift into reverse and launch backwards going 0-60 and get the time for us?
I mean... that's not too much to ask is it? 🤣
Hmmm, what is top speed backwards, could be a record holder there too.

Someone from Tesla just called me. They asked if I wanted to switch my CF trim to the wood to take an earlier delivery. I asked if the CF is in short supply. They said they were not sure about that, but if I am willing to switch to the wood trim they could deliver the car in the next few weeks. If i don’t switch to wood, the CF trim production doesn’t start until august, therefore would be august/September delivery. They said by going to wood it would not effect my pricing. She mentioned that the original intent was the wood interior trim for the MS Plaid, but then they did CF as the only option when they started taking deliveries, which she wasn’t really sure of why the mismatch there.

I said I didn’t really care. As much as I like the CF the wood looks awesome too, especially because it’s not glossy. So I switched, naturally!! 😁

will keep everyone posted. She said expect a vin in the next few weeks. They are trying to deliver as many cars as they can before either end of the quarter, hence for them pushing people to move from CF to wood trim.

perhaps those that want a car sooner than later, call the Tesla number and ask to switch to wood. Seems like the local dealers and SAs have no insight or control over this.

You’d have to go with a 305-30-21 which would fit fine. Or a performance/winter tire.

Attachments

• 479AEFB1-2962-467C-9ABB-AC13419FE053.png
    479AEFB1-2962-467C-9ABB-AC13419FE053.png
    732.4 KB · Views: 70