Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
why are so many people bitching and complaining. from the long history of previous cars/wives, life history and money everyone one here has some of you guys need to just move on if tesla is not for you.

if you want the car - get it, if not move on and get another car.

if a feature you want is no yet available then cancel your order or just wait for them to add in "tEsLa" time

tesla is not your only choice. move on and stop bitching like it is.

i like the model s much better than other EVs or ICE so i am waiting it out. there are no missing features that are deal breakers for me.

and shout out to the many people who are really helpful to people waiting it out. such as @omarsultan

why are so many people bitching and complaining. from the long history of previous cars/wives, life history and money everyone one here has some of you guys need to just move on if tesla is not for you.

if a feature you want is no yet available then cancel your order or just wait for them to add in "tEsLa" time

i like the model s much better than other EVs or ICE so i am waiting it out. there are no missing features that are deal breakers for me.

and shout out to the many people who are really helpful to people waiting it out. such as @omarsultan
Not to be offensive or anything........ but man, I love your name!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

"Material quality is an order of magnitude better than before; every touchpoint looks and feels expensive, and each material impresses as it should—the carbon fiber feels like carbon fiber, the aluminum like aluminum, and the leather like leather. "Well, duh," you're saying to yourself, but you'd be surprised how many luxury automakers try to pass off textured plastics as authentic materials.
Fit and finish was fantastic on our early-build Model S Plaid car. We hope Tesla can keep it up over the car's production run."

That's exciting

Why the voice of doubt about such petty things today? And about trap speed, it’s actually more impressive to hit the 9.25s time with a lower trap speed.
well, you have a point. However, the higher trap speed is more indicative of how how the car will pull at high way speeds. I would actually like the higher trap speed compared to the faster 0-60 times.

Another data point to add to the whirlwind:

RN11444, ordered 1/31. Plaid MSM, Black, CF, 21"s. Had June for the longest time until today getting bumped to July.

Reached out to my SA yesterday asking about CF vs Wood and delays in delivery. His response, in part:

So it is correct that carbon fiber trims will be delivered in August as opposed to June/July for the wood trim.

August isn’t too far off if you’re willing to wait a bit longer.

We would actually be able to change to the wood trim if you’d like and we will hold the previous price book.

Wood wasn't an option when I ordered, and I actually prefer the look over CF. I'll take this as a win.

Also: thanks to those who have already rx'd their new beauties and are sharing the bounty. Lurkers of the world appreciate you!

-HF

well, you have a point. However, the higher trap speed is more indicative of how how the car will pull at high way speeds. I would actually like the higher trap speed compared to the faster 0-60 times.
I wouldn't necessarily be concerned about those trap speeds, as it is only 3 mph down from the website. The fact that they are matching their 0-60 and 1/4 mile time estimates tells us that the power is definitely there. In the Motor Trend article, they state that the Plaid's top speed with the 21" Arachnids, but w/o a future SW update is 163 mph. It's very possible that, in order to have this top speed limiter in effect, Tesla has to start pulling power prematurely, thus equating to the lower trap speeds.

Another way of putting it is - let's ship something half baked ("MVP") and update later.

That's a fine strategy and works for elite companies. But, it comes down to trust of Tesla. Personally, I was just hoping it would be active so people could review it and that way we would know that it works and works well and will be useful.

Maybe others do not care, but for me, this was top 2 of the reasons I decided to get a Model S vs something else (the other being supercharging network). With this, if they don't have it functional by the time I get a VIN, it's rolling the dice a bit with Tesla as to whether it will ever work or be useful and I lean towards hesitancy on that.

@theatrus - dont forget, we are on a 4 month delay and counting. Its not wanting it "yesterday" Im just hoping it works by the EOQ 3.

I kind of get your point. It is all in all in perspective. I passed on a great car a couple days ago because of one feature that was a deal breaker to me. The saleslady did not get that the one feature cut my "enjoyment of driving" the vehicle. It is important to me and I would have been reminded every time I drove it. Took my parents to test drive the Audi and they did the same thing with a feature. I was telling them they were crazy - but that was because it was not as important of a feature me as it was to them. All in perspective.

More importantly to me is that I need to trust the company I do business with all the time. If I cannot have a basic trust, then I will not do business with them.

Reactions: rpan25 and Tigers
I wouldn't necessarily be concerned about those trap speeds, as it is only 3 mph down from the website. The fact that they are matching their 0-60 and 1/4 mile time estimates tells us that the power is definitely there. In the Motor Trend article, they state that the Plaid's top speed with the 21" Arachnids, but w/o a future SW update is 163 mph. It's very possible that, in order to have this top speed limiter in effect, Tesla has to start pulling power prematurely, thus equating to the lower trap speeds.
Well I will want the upgraded tires and rims then when they come out.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Why isn't it active now? Why do I have to wait for an update that may happen next week or, next year or, never to get an advertised feature? Hell, we are still waiting on auto wipers and auto high beams to work correctly - years later. And blind spot monitoring, for that matter.

I guess, perhaps, I just don't trust Tesla as much as others? IDK?
I don't disagree that they should deliver the car with all advertised features, but I guess I'm more willing to trust Tesla to deliver on them in the future.
On the flip side, I'm looking forward to those ongoing software updates that continue to add value to me overtime. I would not be surprised if they make some tweaks to the range via software in the future. Most other companies charge for updates to basic things like maps for nav.

Oddly enough, the Motor Trend article makes it sound as if once the SW update is released, cars with the 21" Arachnids will be able to do 200mph.

Yeah, not sure what to read on this. Perhaps its simply a testing issue, or perhaps you will need to swap to different tires and rims.
Or, it's that both the Track Package and Arachnid-equipped cars will be able to do 200. I say that the Arachnids may be capable of it because if you look at the tire ratings on the Arachnid wheels, they are (y) rated. Now, I'm not sure exactly what this means, as the manual isn't too clear on it. Here is what the manual has to say about the tire ratings:

Speed rating. When stated, indicates the maximum speed (in mph) at which the tire can be used for extended periods. Q=99 mph (160 km/h), R=106 mph (170 km/h), S=112 mph (180 km/h), T=118 mph (190 km/h), U=124 mph (200 km/h), H=130 mph (210 km/h), V=149 mph (240 km/h), W=168 mph (270 km/h), Y=186 mph (300 km/h), (Y)=vehicle's top speed (exceeds the "Y" rating).

100% agree