Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t understand why personal attacks are necessary. I’ll just say this. I’ve done it before, but I’ve been retired for a little over four years so the law may have changed, but the summary on the website doesn’t indicate it. But I retired in my mid 50s with multiple homes mortgage free in So Cal and have orders on a MS and Roadster so I couldn’t have been TOO terrible…
That law isn't new. My other half is a CPA as well. Tax law and CPA are different fields. We can all quote whatever but I'm 38 :D

I'm just excited to get a MS and misinformation doesn't help people. The website I referenced is the CA tax authority and specifically says a car has to not be delivered in CA for no sales tax.

Anyways. I'm still blank on est delivery

You are wrong about some of that. You have to pay for the car because it is sold in California and they send you California papers to take the Texas office to pay Texas tax to get it registered.

I've done this before, just last year
Glad taxes took over the thread.
GD that’s funny. I was thinking the same thing. Yet, I read every suspenseful post.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
the car is a freak of nature....in a good way. for those of us who can't get enough speed (like me 😁) , it will be interesting to see how we can further enhance performance with light weight rims/tire combos or other weight reduction options. looking forward to hearing more about the track package that will be offered! Will we be able to get this plaid into the 8's?
Wasn't there a young YT guy back east with P100DL, that was spanking everything on the drag strip because he stripped the car and removed like 500 lbs?

So I was wondering how one switches their Cf car to Wood. My order page doesn’t seem to have a way to do that. I only see a way to remove fsd or completely cancel the order by submitting a request. (And I’m not sure how to even do that). I emailed my SA and got what appeared to be a robo reply that simply said they apologized for the delay but that they had no information at this time. They didn’t even address my request to swap trim from cf to wood. Has anyone done this without increasing the price $10,000? I’ve seen conflicting info. Thx

Attachments

• 1624074997770.png
    1624074997770.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 48
I'm super happy to see some of you guys getting delivery notifications etc, and I can't wait to hear and see more first impressions and reviews, but also I really don't know why I'm doing this to myself. I'm in Australia and when I first ordered the estimate was 2022 (though it didn't say when). That was bad enough, but for a while now its saying late 2022 for any new orders, so I've no idea if that also applies to old orders as well.

Anyway, me reading through all this is just making an already unbearable wait even more unbearable, and I really should stop (spoilers, I won't).

Give me more videos to watch from all you lucky soon to be new owners in the meantime please :)

Somewhere here posted on TMC, there was an Aussie who flew to LA, bought an MS, drove it all over NA, like 4 months and 10000 Km, and then sold it and flew back home... A real awesome read as I recall.

I said that in my first post. Some states offer a tax credit which would offset the CA sales tax. That's different from CA exempting sales tax from a vehicle that was taken possession of in CA. Which you are required to pay sales tax. This same sales tax scheme is why Amazon almost pulled out of CA completely. Sales tax and CA are not friends. The state is bankrupt. It's gotta do something to keep afloat.
CA is not bankrupt.
California has a staggering $75.7B budget surplus

Try not to spread misinformation, thanks!

So I was wondering how one switches their Cf car to Wood. My order page doesn’t seem to have a way to do that. I only see a way to remove fsd or completely cancel the order by submitting a request. (And I’m not sure how to even do that). I emailed my SA and got what appeared to be a robo reply that simply said they apologized for the delay but that they had no information at this time. They didn’t even address my request to swap trim from cf to wood. Has anyone done this without increasing the price $10,000? I’ve seen conflicting info. Thx
Have to call or chat with Tesla.

Both, I believe. Fairly new in the US. I've heard it on recent 3s and Ys.

I think it's bs, though. The regulation only applies to hybrid and electric cars at low speeds. I've heard (or not heard) some ICE cars that are very quiet rolling along at low speeds. It would have made more sense if the regulation applied to vehicles below a certain sound threshold, especially considering that's what it's all about. I personally would prefer no regulation on it at all.

Is it illegal to disable it?