Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really awesome thing happened this week, I just want to share. A company in Hong Kong reached out to me and I'm helping them develop an electric frunk opener for the Plaid. here is their website. http://evoffer.com
Please keep us apprised with your progress. Maybe talk to them about a group discount for a few of your close TMC friends. Also explain to them that the more detailed installation instructions will help with their sales.

I'm super happy to see some of you guys getting delivery notifications etc, and I can't wait to hear and see more first impressions and reviews, but also I really don't know why I'm doing this to myself. I'm in Australia and when I first ordered the estimate was 2022 (though it didn't say when). That was bad enough, but for a while now its saying late 2022 for any new orders, so I've no idea if that also applies to old orders as well.

Anyway, me reading through all this is just making an already unbearable wait even more unbearable, and I really should stop (spoilers, I won't).

Give me more videos to watch from all you lucky soon to be new owners in the meantime please :)

Me either--perhaps an EU thing?
Both, I believe. Fairly new in the US. I've heard it on recent 3s and Ys.

I think it's bs, though. The regulation only applies to hybrid and electric cars at low speeds. I've heard (or not heard) some ICE cars that are very quiet rolling along at low speeds. It would have made more sense if the regulation applied to vehicles below a certain sound threshold, especially considering that's what it's all about. I personally would prefer no regulation on it at all.

Ladies and Gentlemen... My LR finally got a VIN!!!

Okay.. please don't kill me... but this is just a MYLR I ordered at 3AM last night just to hold me over till I get my Red MSLR.... But it's incredible that I got a VIN the same day I placed the order (since it was already in stock)...

What a refreshing feeling compared to my the MSLR cluster🦆 where getting a VIN feels like a distant dream...

Anyway, I still hope we all get our VINs soon! :)

1624070326384.png

Okay.. please don't kill me... but this is just a MYLR I ordered at 3AM last night just to hold me over till I get my Red MSLR.... But it's incredible that I got a VIN the same day I placed the order (since it was already in stock)...

What a refreshing feeling compared to my the MSLR cluster🦆 where getting a VIN feels like a distant dream...

View attachment 675093
Wait. You're f'ing w us right?

Edit: crap I missed you said it was a MY

View attachment 675093

I hate you for doing this to us on Friday night.

Waiting for Tesla to deliver a vehicle is like waiting for the ice cream truck as a kid. It’s frustrating, takes forever, you know you’re gonna be super excited when it happens, and you couldn’t be happier when you finally get a treat!

But, once we could drive and had a better option than an ice cream truck, we never waited or went back 🍦

Waiting for Tesla to deliver a vehicle is like waiting for the ice cream truck as a kid. It’s frustrating, takes forever, you know you’re gonna be super excited when it happens, and you couldn’t be happier once you finally get a treat!

But, once we could drive and had a better option than an ice cream truck, we never waited or went back 🍦
The ice cream truck is more reliable. Any my good humor driver was a drunk.

View attachment 675093
Rest assured I’ve reported you to the proper authorities!

You can keep quoting whatever you want. Govt website says no. No no no no.

CPA or not. You're a terrible one if you are and have no idea. If you take possession of a vehicle in CA you are required to pay sales tax.
I don’t understand why personal attacks are necessary. I’ll just say this. I’ve done it before, but I’ve been retired for a little over four years so the law may have changed, but the summary on the website doesn’t indicate it. But I retired in my mid 50s with multiple homes mortgage free in So Cal and have orders on a MS and Roadster so I couldn’t have been TOO terrible…

Hello everyone,

I am not a moderator for this section, however I do see when people report PM conversations. I wanted to notify you all that we have been getting several reported PMs of new users attempting to reach out via PM and offer amounts over list for Model S Plaid (basically attemping to scam people regarding this).

Those of you who reported these PMs, thank you, we have banned them as soon as we get them. I am posting this as a PSA, and to warn others who may not have reported these PMs, as a heads up.

I have banned 3 users in the past 2 days (from reported PMs), with one of them sending a second PM to a person and saying, basically "I contacted you before but got banned before I saw your reply" (the user smartly reported them again).

Just a reminder to stay vigilant, and either report, or continue to report, strange PMs.