Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told there would be no math in this discussion thread. I'm getting my Plaid and will likely keep it for 3+ years, trading it in at that point with likely 50k+ miles on it ! Hoping I can get 60%+ of the price I paid when I trade in or sell it. I'm sure the resale/trade-in value will be better than my last EV I just sold for $40k after paying > $92k for it just a little over 2 years before. 😒
I have feeling you’re going to be disappointed. In 3 years, Plaid is going to be much better than 2021 edition and will cost thousands less. That’s how Tesla pricing works. All you need to do is go back one year to MY launch, demand was super high (still is) and Tesla dropped the price by $3K within 3 months

That looks like a reder red than the current red. Whatchathink?
I think you’re right it does look more red in that first photo, and I also thought the red was redder than the current red. But then I realized the angle of the sun, and figured it was playing tricks on my eyes. If you look at the other photos the lucky dog who got delivery posted, the red looks more like the current red.

You don't need to get the top of the line to get the bigger battery.

Cybertruck is still vaporware. Tesla over-promises / under delivers on range, historically. Ford, so far, is bang on target if not conservative.

300 miles of real world range with payload is fine for 50-70% of users. This truck will sell like hotcakes. As soon as someone rocks up at a tailgate with a frunk full of beers, and a full sound system and TV running off the battery, these will go flying out the door.
I wonder how much overlap there is between the CT buyer and the electric F-150 buyer. I am going to guess it is not huge. Anyway, it seems that Tesla will not be first to market in the pickup segment, so it will be interesting how the plays, since someone else will be defining the space.

Third handle is scheduled to be replaced this Wednesday on my 2020 LR+ in an year
That’s surprising and just sounds like you have had some bad luck. In almost 4 years with my 2016.5 MS P90DL, I never had a single issue with the door handles. The only mechanical problem I ever had was the washer fluid pump failed. I also had issues with squeaks and rattles.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Truly unbelievable. My dragy is going to live in my car, but I won’t be going balls out like this guy. I’m pretty sure the police will be looking for him 😬 The old man inside me is shaking my fist and yelling slow down you hooligan and I’m only in my 30’s 😂
Lol it’s going to take a lot of self discipline to drive near the speed limit.
Those without a VIN, how’re y’all holding it together?
Trying to stay optimistic for early-mid July. An EDD would be nice tbh.

Trying to stay optimistic for early-mid July. An EDD would be nice tbh.
Mine changed from July to blank, again. I am also still hoping for some time in July. I'd say that my birthday is near the end of July and that it'd make a great birthday present, but I'd much rather have it sooner than that haha.

That said, new orders for CF/19s" are showing August, so mid/late July for existing orders shouldn't be out of the question.

I have feeling you’re going to be disappointed. In 3 years, Plaid is going to be much better than 2021 edition and will cost thousands less. That’s how Tesla pricing works. All you need to do is go back one year to MY launch, demand was super high (still is) and Tesla dropped the price by $3K within 3 months
Certainly possible, but having a Porsche Macan Turbo that was only worth < 50% of it's value in just 3 years + my Jag I-Pace EV got crushed in value in just over 2 years, I suppose it's to be expected with any of these high-end cars approaching & now exceeding $100k.

Reactions: HumanInput
I listened very closely to that video and others posted on the Ford site. Apparently they are using one of their 9 motors to spin up a flywheel. You can hear it several seconds before the drag runs starting to spool then really ramping up just before the launch. They are storing a bunch of kinetic energy then likely using a programmed clutch engagement (think funny or top fueler) to feed that power to the rears at the limit of traction.

Neat solution to the battery supplying impulse energy problem. Not worth a hoot in a daily driver but hugely good PR for Ford as it lets them feed their base with a Plaid beater.
Elon simply needs to put a spaceX package on a plaid and then take the Ford to school. Since the Ford is not a production car, there are no rules.

You don't need to get the top of the line to get the bigger battery.

Cybertruck is still vaporware. Tesla over-promises / under delivers on range, historically. Ford, so far, is bang on target if not conservative.

300 miles of real world range with payload is fine for 50-70% of users. This truck will sell like hotcakes. As soon as someone rocks up at a tailgate with a frunk full of beers, and a full sound system and TV running off the battery, these will go flying out the door.
Wouldn't the F150 lightning also be vaporware?

I’ve seen quite a few posts about plaid vs LR from a cost / value perspective. Many seem to focus on the 50k difference and argue that it’s not worth it. I’m not up to speed on resale value of say LR vs Performance but I would imagine the resale value of the Plaid will hold its value the same as the LR. If so then the 50k difference is not going to cost you 50k more to have owned once you resale the car. What do you think? 3 years from now how much of that 50k will be lost. I pick my plaid up tomorrow and wanted it regardless but have rationalized that I’m not throwing away 50k more.
You keep a percentage of the resale value. All things equal, a higher priced car will cost you more as you are losing a percentage of the 50K. It's not like both cars lose a percentage of 80K, and then the extra 50K doesn't depreciate.

Unfortunately for us who are first time buyers, business end is the only end we have got to experience yet, and we’re missing out on that positive car or service experience.
Good thing you’re here witnessing all of our venting about Tesla while we all patiently wait for delivery. Those of us that have owned Tesla’s know the good outweigh the bad by quite a lot.