Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All the guys who recently got walked by plaids are definitely searching for solutions... The 800hp Hellcat guys, the GTRs, Lambos, McLarens, AMG guys.
To have a chance, these folks will need to add hundreds of HP to their cars.
The bigger turbos, ported heads, Nitrous, race fuel, slicks, drag radials etc.
Elon hears about it, the next day we get a 100HP software update 🤩
A few weeks later, drone footage surfaces showing the Hellcat guys at various Tesla Service Center’s picking up Tesla’s. Hmmm

All the guys who recently got walked by plaids are definitely searching for solutions... The 800hp Hellcat guys, the GTRs, Lambos, McLarens, AMG guys.
To have a chance, these folks will need to add hundreds of HP to their cars.
The bigger turbos, ported heads, Nitrous, race fuel, slicks, drag radials etc.
Elon hears about it, the next day we get a 100HP software update 🤩
A few weeks later, drone footage surfaces showing the Hellcat guys at various Tesla Service Center’s picking up Tesla’s. Hmmm
And 1/3rd of “those guys” who after spending an extra $15k modding their super expensive sports cars will blow their engines up — throwing rods, cracking blocks, blowing up pistons, etc. and may have to find another solution since a new engine would be an add’l $50k more! 😳🤪

Latest update: My car is at Bellevue but they don’t have much space for deliveries from there. Rather than moving it to Lynnwood and having me go there tomorrow as planned, they offered to deliver to my house today between 4 and 6 and I accepted. Was a little hesitant since it sounds like they drive the car here, but it’s like 10-15 miles and hopefully they’re very careful.

I’ll report back later once it’s here 🙂
Brandon..
I would love to see it if you have time. You can drive to north Seattle (maybe the Northgate SC along I-5 ? Or I’m happy to meet you at a local SC. Mine is on order probably for august or September as it’s RN 1148.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
If you will be able to spec them separately from the Track Pack, my guess is $6,500 to $8,500. If not........ well it might be like $15-$20k, with the carbon-ceramic brakes, high-performance brake lines, track mode, suspension tuning, and likely that active wing, with the modified rear glass and tailgate.
Ill be waiting to take delivery for a few to see if I cant snatch this up.

Last edited:
iPhone or Android?
Android for me, though my wife has an iPhone and works fine for her as well (her own Tesla account after I granted driver access).

I didn't have to do this, but when picking up, I was told that if car key didn't activate on my Android, I could log out of Tesla app, clear data, reset, and then log back in. Not sure if you're Android or iPhone, but maybe that's an (albeit annoying) option?

Alight guys - White on White with 21 in wheels and Walnut delivered and wow - better than expected. Drag Strip mode launch is just insane. Fit and finish were incredible and nothing short of amazing. Better than expected - love UI of the screen, games updated tonight.

Just a few things to figure out:

(1) What controllers are best to pair for gaming
(2) How to connect bluetooth headsets to back screen - I successfully paired airpods with car but can't get anything to play through them
(3) Haven't driven enough miles to calibrate full self driving
(4) Waiting for noise cancelling speakers to be activated and screen tilt to come in update

Attachments

• IMG_1937 copy.jpg
    IMG_1937 copy.jpg
    533.6 KB · Views: 99
Alight guys - White on White with 21 in wheels and Walnut delivered and wow - better than expected. Drag Strip mode launch is just insane. Fit and finish were incredible and nothing short of amazing. Better than expected - love UI of the screen, games updated tonight.

Just a few things to figure out:

(1) What controllers are best to pair for gaming
(2) How to connect bluetooth headsets to back screen - I successfully paired airpods with car but can't get anything to play through them
(3) Haven't driven enough miles to calibrate full self driving
(4) Waiting for noise cancelling speakers to be activated and screen tilt to come in update
They do exist!

Well **** me! When someone on here said their advisor told them Tesla wanted the cars to be perfect before delivering them, like an idiot I believed them.

The trunk lid, the doors... holy misaligned canoli.
If you think this car is badly misaligned, you must not have ever seen a Tesla in real life before. While not perfect it’s a magnitude of difference vs the 2021 SLR I just sold.
There may be some camera angles involved here tricking the eye, the doors are aligned fine. The trunk gap leaves a bit to be desired but is not horrible.
I had a 2020 G550 that I had to adjust all the door stops. I’m cutting Tesla some slack, the car is phenomenal. As in PHENOMENAL. I let a friend drive it early and he’s been texting me all night about it since. This is a person who has a lot of experience on very fast motorcycles on track. And he’s blown away by the performance.
Nobody else would build this car.

Alright, just got home from driving the car about 30 miles. Not much, but I’ll be doing about 1200 over the next week with a road trip.
That said, I echo pretty much everyone’s sentiment. This car is on another level. I really do find it hard to believe somebody built it. Or is it harder to believe nobody has ever pushed the envelope so far until now? I don’t know, the car is incredible.
Instead of regurgitating, I’ll add something new. I hit some back roads and one thing I noticed is that the car limits power until the steering wheel is straight. So coming hard out of corners it is restricted. Still fast, but there will be no oversteering very easily.
Still getting used to the UI but already it’s pretty easy.
And to me, the yoke is awesome. Still getting used to it, but I love how the cabin feels so much more open. I’ll get used to the buttons, but for now they are a bit tricky sometimes. The actual steering of the car with the yoke is already second nature though.
And lastly, it is SO FREAKING FAST.

If you think this car is badly misaligned, you must not have ever seen a Tesla in real life before. While not perfect it’s a magnitude of difference vs the 2021 SLR I just sold.
There may be some camera angles involved here tricking the eye, the doors are aligned fine. The trunk gap leaves a bit to be desired but is not horrible.
I had a 2020 G550 that I had to adjust all the door stops. I’m cutting Tesla some slack, the car is phenomenal. As in PHENOMENAL. I let a friend drive it early and he’s been texting me all night about it since. This is a person who has a lot of experience on very fast motorcycles on track. And he’s blown away by the performance.
Nobody else would build this car.
Well I’ve owned 3 of them so I have seen them in real life and I know about teslas shi*** build quality.
That’s why I’m surprised that it’s still a thing after a refresh of the model s, you’d think they would do better.

Could you post another pic looking straight at the doors, let’s see if that’s actually a camera angle trick or the doors really are misaligned as badly as they look in the previous photo.

Well I’ve owned 3 of them so I have seen them in real life and I know about teslas shi*** build quality.
That’s why I’m surprised that it’s still a thing after a refresh of the model s, you’d think they would do better.

Could you post another pic looking straight at the doors, let’s see if that’s actually a camera angle trick or the doors really are misaligned as badly as they look in the previous photo.
Nah. When your car comes you’ll decide if it meets your standards. Doesn’t matter what mine looks like or anyone else’s. I hope yours does meet your standard so that you can thoroughly enjoy it because it really is a next-level product!

Mine would not set up from the app and the SA confirmed with someone that it is not available for S.
Weird. When Omar got his car the Plaid reveal, he said the phone app was an option.
Alright, just got home from driving the car about 30 miles. Not much, but I’ll be doing about 1200 over the next week with a road trip.
That said, I echo pretty much everyone’s sentiment. This car is on another level. I really do find it hard to believe somebody built it. Or is it harder to believe nobody has ever pushed the envelope so far until now? I don’t know, the car is incredible.
Instead of regurgitating, I’ll add something new. I hit some back roads and one thing I noticed is that the car limits power until the steering wheel is straight. So coming hard out of corners it is restricted. Still fast, but there will be no oversteering very easily.
Still getting used to the UI but already it’s pretty easy.
And to me, the yoke is awesome. Still getting used to it, but I love how the cabin feels so much more open. I’ll get used to the buttons, but for now they are a bit tricky sometimes. The actual steering of the car with the yoke is already second nature though.
And lastly, it is SO FREAKING FAST.
Welcome to what’s next! 👍