Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Emissions and insurance did it, but obviously if you are going to actively try to curb something, you do it without directly addressing what your concern is. I'm not saying that is necessarily true with the emissions and insurance, but you could take almost any law and spin it to sound like you are doing it for reasons other than your true intentions. Just take a look at obvious ones like voter suppression, "right to work" laws, etc. I could list at least a dozen, but none of them are safe from offending someone.

My point is simply if ICE manufacturers cannot beat EV's, they will support and promote regulating the ability of EV manufacturers to best them with acceleration. Something as noble sounding as placing a cap on acceleration. A cap that ICE just happens to be able to reach easily. Lobbying power has historically been the gate keepers that hinder anything from upsetting the balance of power. If they cannot compete with EV, they will try to hinder the industry.

There are already mechanisms in place to hinder Tesla. Things like rent seeking practices of requiring a dealership to sell a car in a state. And the tax credit bill has deductions for buying from a union built manufacturer. You know, basically every car manufacturer in the US except Tesla. Lobbyists for the auto industry had a hand in that one. If they think regulating the power of an EV will give them an advantage, it will definitely be considered.
Donā€™t forget the yearly EV registration ā€œfeeā€, in Georgia we pay 200+ each year, some states have a much higher EV registration like Illinois for example

Found these from Reddit! Insane! šŸ˜šŸ¤¤šŸ¤Æ
6FCE7FEE-0F04-4716-AB32-5297D4C40EE0.jpeg
924E4FDB-9258-40A7-90EB-5342EC0BAC2B.jpeg
2ADABBDF-287B-42FF-BD19-580759E6AC18.jpeg
D92BD425-DDDF-4407-8441-C68A81F760C2.jpeg
F31FC1BF-4C13-4EF2-8257-62221AC3EB32.jpeg
8EB5A526-9210-4493-AF75-D57DAE9E025A.jpeg
FD9EC515-0E03-4485-A5FD-11D27F4EC1F3.jpeg
5E12CE3C-24B6-49FB-93B0-C81531E5F81D.jpeg

Considered Tesla Solar but after hanging out in that forum I figured out itā€™s just as much of a nightmare as their vehicle customer service lol
I have had Tesla solar since late 2017, the only issue was when they replaced the inverter (because it was not communicating with them, never stopped providing power). Installation was finished in one day. All I can say that it is already 70% paid off and I am not counting the gas money we have saved since both my wife and I have gone to EVā€™s. If solar works for me here outside Portland OR it should work for most folks if you have a roof without trees.

They should use some plaid speed and get me a car. I also was attracted mostly by the speed top end power as well interior refresh. I always liked sleeper cars. Cant wait honestly. I was exited when i got my Performance S but this is special. Again was driving a lot of fast cars in the past. This one is next level.
Lol the plaid is no sleeper.. when MT confirmed it was the quickest accelerating car, the plaid pretty much became a rockstar. Maybe my mother doesnā€™t know what plaid is but she wouldnā€™t be the one trying to race you. Owners/fans of performance cars (AMG, Porsche, M cars) definitely know about plaid.
Edit: and those crazy Hellcats šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
I want to know how those [ICE] manufacturers are going to address the fact that their cars are slower than a less expensive sedan. Do they have a plan? Will they and their fans ignore it? What happens when they keep being bullied by Teslas at stoplights and on random stretches of highway?
[my addition]

I honestly think their best defense is to lobby for regulation. It only takes the first couple of idiots crashing on public streets to make an argument that an affordable sedan should not do these kinds of speeds. They regulated muscle cars in the 70's when things started getting out of hand. You could see the same thing happen to EV's with so many ICE manufacturers having a vested interest in seeing it happen.

A very fair article :rolleyes:, written by an EV lover no doubt. The lawyer too: /s
https://www.rt.com/usa/528155-tesla-model-s-explosion/

A factory-fresh Tesla Model S Plaid flared up, with its driver barely escaping, before turning into a giant fireball and lighting up skies in a Philadelphia neighborhood for about three hours.
The electric car burst into flames on Wednesday in Haverford, Pennsylvania. It ignited around 9pm local time, according to the Gladwyne Volunteer Fire Company, who said in a now-deleted post that the crew battled the raging fire for about three hours.
Fortunately for the neighborhood and the firefighters, the two fire engines that responded had undergone Tesla-specific training and were able to ā€œdeploy hand lines to extinguish the fire, each maintain[ing] a dedicated water source and continu[ing] to cool the vehicle down for almost 90 minutes.ā€

On Tuesday it spontaneously combusted. Our client was trapped & could have died. We tried reaching out to Tesla & have been ignored so far.

Considered Tesla Solar but after hanging out in that forum I figured out itā€™s just as much of a nightmare as their vehicle customer service lol
Oh, itā€™s much worse. I got a ridiculous quote and they put about five minutes into it. Then six months later after not hearing a thing they told me 60% more and the energy production would be 30% lower. Itā€™s like when your LR car shows up they want $150k and it will get 300 miles of range.

They did refund my $100 deposit though, so thereā€™s that.

[my addition]

A very fair article :rolleyes:, written by an EV lover no doubt. The lawyer too: /s
https://www.rt.com/usa/528155-tesla-model-s-explosion/

A factory-fresh Tesla Model S Plaid flared up, with its driver barely escaping, before turning into a giant fireball and lighting up skies in a Philadelphia neighborhood for about three hours.
The electric car burst into flames on Wednesday in Haverford, Pennsylvania. It ignited around 9pm local time, according to the Gladwyne Volunteer Fire Company, who said in a now-deleted post that the crew battled the raging fire for about three hours.
Fortunately for the neighborhood and the firefighters, the two fire engines that responded had undergone Tesla-specific training and were able to ā€œdeploy hand lines to extinguish the fire, each maintain[ing] a dedicated water source and continu[ing] to cool the vehicle down for almost 90 minutes.ā€

On Tuesday it spontaneously combusted. Our client was trapped & could have died. We tried reaching out to Tesla & have been ignored so far.
What is the legal phase? Oh, yeah, assumes facts not in evidence (I watch too many cop shows).

Lmaoo the owners of those types of exotics are probably a bit salty.
A lot of owners of those types of exotics actually care about ownership experience more than they care about 0-60 times. You know, being able to call the dealership for failing driver side door handle and actually talk to a human being and not having to wait 2 weeks for it to be fixed, or being asked to leave their cars at the SvC and offered Uber credits.

Great points. Speaking of our elected overseers who deign to ban ICE cars by Year 20XX, has anyone wondered where all that electricity will come from? I use about the same for my house as I do for my car. While they force utilities to close fossil fuel plants almost daily and here in CA blackouts and brownouts are a fact of life, what happens when the grid has 100 million EVs plugged in?
Yeah, I just installed solar on my roof, by myself, if everyone had solar we would barely need a grid. Thereā€™s tons of circumstances where that wonā€™t work but it would waste ease burden for sure,