Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your logic doesn't make sense to me. If my kids are listening to some obnoxious you tuber, talking in positive tones and stringing their words together to avoid any breaks of silence, and I am having a conversation with my wife, sound in the back ONLY would clearly be better than that same sound in the front as well.
I don't disagree, but I think you're mis-interpreting. I don't prefer to listen to the back/what they are watching. However, what you're saying suggests that the front and back are somehow acoustically separate. They aren't, and you're going to hear what's going on in the back - the only solution I see is allowing two audio outputs so that my kids can wear their Bluetooth headsets. We can't do that yet.

I'm also more talking about two different soundtracks (YouTube in the back, music of your choice in the front). I would not want my wife and I listening to something quietly and talking up front and having the YouTuber talking in the background. Again, here, I'd prefer if my kids had Bluetooth headphones on to listen to the back audio/screen separately.

I don't want dual audio output unless there's the option to have dual Bluetooth output - having dual output without would be akin to the issue described above. What you described is the same thing as simply putting the radio output to the rear speakers only. That can be done in today's vehicles.

Last edited:
I just woke up so forgive me if this has been covered already, but this is because the M3 is more efficient. 48A/240V is what my plaid charges at and that's the max the charger can handle. Because it's heavy and powerful that doesn't add the same number of miles as it does on an M3. It's limited by the charger's max current and has basically nothing to do with the battery tech
Regardless of the reason, M3 adds more miles per hour than Plaid which is a shame because M3 was always charger faster than previous Model S/X so I was hoping they'd improve this in Plaid but nope!

Did we confirm if changing wheels before delivery cancels out the 2k prerefresh discount?

I ordered old s with 19s, confirmed refresh, and then in late May upgraded to 21s. I have a vin and should be scheduling delivery soon so thought I’d ask just in case I need some proof. Thanks!
Congrats !! If I had a VIN, I wouldn’t change a thing 🥂

Motormatchup says:

2021 Tesla Model S Plaid 4DR AWD Hatchback TMPlaid
1' Rollout0.2 sec
60'1.42
330'3.78
⅛ mile5.72s @126.1mph
¼ mile8.84s @158.1mph
0-60 mph*1.8 sec
0-100 mph3.9 sec
60-130 mph4.1 sec
100-150 mph4.12 sec
0-124 mph (200 kph)5.6 sec
0-186 mph (300 kph)---
Since 400lbs lighter makes such a noticeable difference, I suppose it’s just the opposite if the car is 400lb heavier due to passengers 🤔

Delivery date changed to October 😭
Black/Black LR/21”

Attachments

• CF4658BE-45B3-4973-A1F9-8156988A078C.jpeg
    CF4658BE-45B3-4973-A1F9-8156988A078C.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 74
Congrats !! If I had a VIN, I wouldn’t change a thing 🥂
Thanks! I finally found a vin, but don’t know how it gets me closer to the car?

The shop said they had lots of vins from France, but aren’t they supposed to be from Fremont? I got this one from Napa, just in case. Is the delivery date inside? Will check it out and report back 🧐

2AC12DA1-884C-4B5C-B7DA-5048197A3150.gif

Last edited:
Regardless of the reason, M3 adds more miles per hour than Plaid which is a shame because M3 was always charger faster than previous Model S/X so I was hoping they'd improve this in Plaid but nope!
I am not following your logic here. All the tells us that Tesla is likely using the 11.5 kW charger as in the Model 3. My S charges at 11 kW at home, which is about what I expect as my HPWC is see a couple of volts shy of 240. L2 charging doesn't really tell us anything about the pack and cells as the throughput of the on-board charger is the limiting reagent. Supercharger charging curves are going to be a better comparison of Model S pack+cooling vs Model 3 pack+cooling.