Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not the wait that people are complaining about, it's the lack of information and incorrect estimates. If a company tells you you are getting a car in a certain date range, you expect that to happen. Mocking those who sold their car, based on information provided by Tesla, makes you look like a fool. We all expect delays and supply issues, but most of us also expect the company to be honest about what they tell us. If you say my car will be here in June, it should be here in June. If you can't honor that statement, don't make that statement. Pretty simple to be able to honor your word.

Having the website say you can expect delivery in June on June 30th! has nothing to do with supply chain issues. It's poor management and sub standard customer service. If you cannot see this, then you should be questioning how you managed to get through life, instead of questioning others.
Couldn't have worded it any better myself!

I would love to be able to provide a full 1/4 mile time, but finding a safe and suitable location is exceedingly difficult ... found one area and measured the slope and it generated an invalid Dragy result
Am I the only one who is jealous that you actually have a brand new Tesla S and are driving it around looking for the right road to launch it to 100MPH? ;-)

As we all wait and try to understand the magic that is EDD, I found this funny :)
Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 12.05.46 PM.png

It is pretty stupid to sell a car before your new car comes. Those that really need a car asap and can’t live without one, buy something else. I went into this knowing there would be delays and struggles with production.
Not so right now. Used car market is smokin hot, and has only one way to go. You could literally lose thousands in the next few months of you wait to sell your car. My M3P trade in went from $45.2k to just under $50k from March to June. If I don't get my S in the next 2-3 months I'm confident I'll see those same valuations again. This is the only reason I made the switch to the 21s.

Also, you're point about knowing there would be delays is all well and good for you, but there was absolutely nothing to indicate that anyone should believe that. Musk stated Tesla was "in production" already on an investor call. A fact that was patently false. I'm not an attorney, but this smells like a pretty blatant case of misleading the shareholders, aka fraud.

I understand your point about patience, but what they did is not okay, and it's not okay to trivialize it by saying things are just as bad elsewhere. Delays are one thing. Lies are another.

Thx. If you have it enabled, then it will shift into park when you unbuckle your seatbelt. I know it sounds trivial, but its kinda useful--one less thing to do.
Just one more thing to spoil driving a different vehicle. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve left my Subaru running because I didn’t turn off the car. I had gotten so used to my former Model X. I always check the tachometer.