Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A 1/8 would be good, but make sure to reach 100mph in case the 1/8 is over before that, as 0-100mph is a great measure of acceleration potential.
Here are some fresh Dragy results for everyone. 82% SoC and 72 degrees out. Car was in insane mode with Cheetah stance activated.
........0-100 MPH 6.74 seconds and 558.39 FT
Unfortunately, I don't have an accurate 1/8 mile time because I let up at 100 MPH thinking the car wouldn't trap much faster than that in the 1/8th. I was WRONG!

This is P100D territory with a significantly slower 0-60. This car pulls hard and doesn't let up. Doing a 60-100 pull, this car will be significantly faster than an older Performance Model S. The car is somehow making up for a 0-60 that is 6 or 7/10ths slower.

IMG_0533.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2786B59F9622-1.jpeg
    IMG_2786B59F9622-1.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Alright guys, first initial tests from DragTimes! Outstanding results on the street! :eek:🤯🤯

He will hit 1.99!

Did he say anything about 60-130 or 1/4 times?

What is effing sad about this statement is it is only partial hyperbole. They're actually doing that!
It just dawned on me that the pricing change in early June might have contributed to Tesla delivering Plaids in June that were ordered with the higher price, in order to recognize more revenue. Unfortunate for those who ordered earlier, but I guess that’s business.

Here are some fresh Dragy results for everyone. 82% SoC and 72 degrees out. Car was in insane mode with Cheetah stance activated.
Unfortunately, I don't have an accurate 1/8 mile time because I let up at 100 MPH and didn't expect the car trap much faster than that in the 1/8th.

This is P100D territory with a significantly slower 0-60. This car pulls hard and doesn't let up.

View attachment 682287
Very similar or faster than a Model S Performance. A model S P typically needed 660feet to reach 100mph but the 6.74 seems very close. 125-130 in the 1/4 almost a certainty on a track at 95%+ soc.

~ Other dealerships will clearly give you the estimated delivery timeline unlike in case of Tesla where having a blank delivery date is the norm.

~ People who sold their cars early did so based off of the promised delivery timeline by Tesla. It's not completely their fault.

~ Those expecting their cars on a normal timeline or early have that expectation based off of Tesla handing out cars to people within days notice and ignoring others who have been waiting for months, some literally have been waiting for 8 months or longer.

~ Wait or Move On.

Lol the only fool here is you who thinks that cock riding a corporation will benefit you personally in any way. *sugar* talking people who are upset due to to poor communication only makes you look like a bigger moron than you're perceiving others to be. If only everyone else was as special as you to correctly predict the delivery delays and lower their expectations a bit, right? You reek of arrogance my guy. Get off your high horse and give people benefit of the doubt. Some are rightfully upset due to poor communication from Tesla. If people are given a proper delivery timeline directly from Tesla not many would complain.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Telling people to take it or leave it is indicative of you being a prick. You don't get hand outs from Tesla for being an asshat to people on the forums and it doesn't expedite your delivery either so why do it? Doesn't make any sense.

I do agree with @VolcanoTacos. He did a better job explaining the reasoning behind possible delays. At least he isn't there calling people fools for expecting proper communication from the company.
I may sound like a prick but at least I’m not the fool whining about some car I haven’t gotten yet on a message board like a whiney child. When I ordered my Porsche my SA was radio silent for months and just said you’ll get your car when you get it. When he finally got the vin he gave it to me. You guys keep complaining and saying you are going to cancel your order and you are done with Tesla, but I see the same people coming back and complaining. Plenty of other things in life to be concerned about than a luxury car. If you can’t function and live your life without a 80-130k then you have serious issues. So what if they told you you’d get the car in May and still don’t have it? That’s life, *sugar* happens. I’ve had offices delayed months and have lost hundreds of thousands in revenue. Did I whine and complain? No I found a solution. Wait for the car or get something else. Everyone that had waited has loved the car. Pretty damn simple if you ask me. There are people and life that complain and accomplish nothing and there are people that get *sugar* done.

Interior temp at 107 seems like the ceramic tint is working well considering it's 104 degrees outside. Without the tint, your interior temp would probably be at least 20 degrees higher.
That sounds like the automatic temperature management controlled by the AC and not your tint. My X stays right around 107 no matter how hot it is outside because the AC kicks in automatically to keep the interior from getting hell hot.

Unfortunately, I don't have an accurate 1/8 mile time because I let up at 100 MPH thinking the car wouldn't trap much faster than that in the 1/8th. I was WRONG!

This is P100D territory with a significantly slower 0-60. This car pulls hard and doesn't let up.

View attachment 682290

Awesome, thank you. The car is fast!

Very similar or faster than a Model S Performance. A model S P typically needed 660feet to reach 100mph but the 6.74 seems very close. 125-130 in the 1/4 almost a certainty on a track at 95% soc.
Yup. In DragTimes' original P100D test in 2016, it ran 0-100 mph in 6.5 seconds. What this tells me is that the power curve of the LR is pretty much the best it can possibly be for a PM motor (w/o the carbon-sleeves of course.) Looks like the LR makes 670 hp from probably 60-80mph up to like 110-115 mph. Very impressive for a standard PM motor!

Yup. In DragTimes' original P100D test, it ran 0-100 mph in 6.5 seconds. What this tells me is that the power curve of the LR is pretty much the best it can possibly be for a standard PM motor. Looks like the LR makes 670 hp from probably 60-80mph up to like 110-115 mph. Very impressive for a PM motor!
From Dragtimes video Raven Perf at 98% soc. The state of charge matters, so @EVonly at 98% would be a bit stronger.

Attachments

• 38A0BECB-CF66-4C93-B993-4F7F992A1B15.png
    38A0BECB-CF66-4C93-B993-4F7F992A1B15.png
    932.5 KB · Views: 65
I may sound like a prick but at least I’m not the fool whining about some car I haven’t gotten yet on a message board like a whiney child. When I ordered my Porsche my SA was radio silent for months and just said you’ll get your car when you get it. When he finally got the vin he gave it to me. You guys keep complaining and saying you are going to cancel your order and you are done with Tesla, but I see the same people coming back and complaining. Plenty of other things in life to be concerned about than a luxury car. If you can’t function and live your life without a 80-130k then you have serious issues. So what if they told you you’d get the car in May and still don’t have it? That’s life, *sugar* happens. I’ve had offices delayed months and have lost hundreds of thousands in revenue. Did I whine and complain? No I found a solution. Wait for the car or get something else. Everyone that had waited has loved the car. Pretty damn simple if you ask me. There are people and life that complain and accomplish nothing and there are people that get *sugar* done.

Not afraid to admit it, I’ve been whining like a child about the car I haven’t gotten yet

1625681331911.png

I want my carrrrrr nowwwww!!!!!! :'(

Haha yeah it's definitely a first world's problem we are whining about, tons of other people who would be happy to just have a car