Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The banter between LR and Plaid is so funny, because the LR is an incredibly fast car - 3.1s 0-60 is faster than anything I've owned, but the Plaid is a stupid fast car, and I'm just the right kind of stupid to buy it hahaha.
If I remember correctly, the only difference is a third motor, right @2021plaid ??

The banter between LR and Plaid is so funny, because the LR is an incredibly fast car - 3.1s 0-60 is faster than anything I've owned, but the Plaid is a stupid fast car, and I'm just the right kind of stupid to buy it hahaha.

Agreed. With all the Plaid talk, it is often forgotten that the LR will still beat most anything on the road. Very satisfied with my LR and am not left wanting.

Agreed. With all the Plaid talk, it is often forgotten that the LR will still beat most anything on the road. Very satisfied with my LR and am not left wanting.
Plus you don't get the "you're a child" look, from people who don't know about Tesla, when you have to tell the you drive a car that is named Plaid.

Couldn't tolerate the wait anymore. Bought the Blue/Tan/21 that was posted and discussed here. Finalizing deal tomorrow, and taking delivery.

So, what do I do with my pre-price increase White/Black/CF/19" order? Cancel it and get my $1K back, or see if someone is interested in buying it since it seems to already have $10K of value built into it (when/if it arrives)?

Couldn't tolerate the wait anymore. Bought the Blue/Tan/21 that was posted and discussed here. Finalizing deal tomorrow, and taking delivery.

So, what do I do with my pre-price increase White/Black/CF/19" order? Cancel it and get my $1K back, or see if someone is interested in buying it since it seems to already have $10K of value built into it (when/if it arrives)?
The taxes would offset any profit from the price increase. I say cancel the order.

There's very little organization here in the group. We kinda just wing it. Similar to the tesla delivery dept. We might throw you out in 2 weeks, we may not. We encourage you to refresh your page multiple times a day to try and keep up.
We all are obsessed with the Tesla Monkey waiting for our EDD 🙈 we are taking on its characteristics... Ok.. back to my refresh key.. been 10 minutes... 🙉(Hey even changed my profile pic hoping I will get favorable EDD! 🙉 )

In terms of acceleration to the 1/4mile

List of fast cars the LR should beat:
C6 Zr1
C7 Zr1
Ferrari 458
Porsche 991 GT3/GT3RS/turbo
Nissan GTR
Dodge/SRT Viper
McLaren F1

List of cars the Plaid should beat:
Every production car ever made
Every production sport bike ever made
Even a Formula 1

The LR isn't slow. The Plaid is just the quickest production car ever.

Looks like I broke the page with my constant refreshing... At least the page itself still has a sense of humor...

Looks like Tesla took away my wheels because of the comment I made yesterday.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 10.51.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 10.51.07 AM.png
    533.6 KB · Views: 71
I looked up that fire event recently and the internet is silent about it. My conspiracy theory is that an automaker pulled the stunt bc Tesla is mopping the floor with their outdated technology OR someone w a short position in TSLA stock is getting bent over. Or maybe the car just malfunctioned? I dunno… very odd how it disappeared.
On another note… do the people who buy 19s do it bc they plan on replacing the wheels immediately? I’m scratching my head why anyone would buy those ugly POS… bc if you roll around in a 90k car with ugly wheels for better efficiency then you’re a real dweeb and I’m glad Tesla is making you wait. Ooos did I just stir the pot?
As one who chose to buy the "POS" wheels, I think they look fine, particularly now that they are darker, and the pothole protection and mileage increase work for me. Your opinion of me as a dweeb I can live with comfortably :).