Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no hold up on white interior since Tesla is churning it out for 3/Y so it's garbage excuse by Tesla. They're simply deciding on not producing it as often and the same goes for 19s. Either the Plaid is not suitable to run on 19s according to their testing and they're still figuring out whether to offer it in that wheel config or they are simply deciding not to produce them for now. I doubt it's a business decision. Something else is at play here. I wish they were more communicative but that is just too much to ask for because I know several users including myself would switch to 21s if Tesla comes out and tells us they are unable to deliver the cars with 19s for one reason or another. shame!
I have to imagine the white for the 3/Y and S are different - it could be different material, or same material, but I imagine difference seats, forms, etc. - I can't imagine what goes into converting rolls of vegan leather (okay, pleather) into materials, but I would believe if there's a scarcity - what if they source the dash panels pre-formed? just saying. I had this when I ordered a BMW with special wood - the sales advisor told me I had to wait for them to do a run with that wood.
I do continue to agree there must be reason the 19's weren't released into the wild. I"m sticking with my belief there were defects in the originals. structural, cracked, deformed, etc. - i'm guessing just not up to spec.

There's very little organization here in the group. We kinda just wing it. Similar to the tesla delivery dept. We might throw you out in 2 weeks, we may not. We encourage you to refresh your page multiple times a day to try and keep up.
Leo hates me group? I thought I was in the Tesla Monkey hates me group. Not to be confused with the He Man Woman Hater's Club.
1626880428924.png

If I remember correctly, the only difference is a third motor, right @2021plaid ??
Another difference is the front and rear motor transmission gear ratios. PLAID has 7.5:1 front and rear. LR has 7.558:1 front and 9.034:1 rear. Also, the carbon wrapped motor rotors allow 18,000 rpm for the PLAID while the LR motors max out at about 14,058 rpm front and 16,803 rpm rear.

The elation of getting a VIN and estimated delivery has turned to frustration. For the past 6 days, I wake up each morning, check my account only to find that Tesla changed the delivery out one day. Started with the 25th then went to the 24th. Of course that was exciting. Then it went to the 30th for a couple of days. After that, the daily march began. This morning estimated delivery is now the August 5th.

Anyone else in Florida delivery seeing the same change every day?
I will take that game over my mine: zero, zip, zilch, nada.

Another difference is the front and rear motor transmission gear ratios. PLAID has 7.5:1 front and rear. LR has 7.558:1 front and 9.034:1 rear. Also, the carbon wrapped motor rotors allow 18,000 rpm for the PLAID while the LR motors max out at about 14,058 rpm front and 16,803 rpm rear.
He was joking here, messing with me lol. He wasn't serious. And yeah, they do 18,750rpm right now at 200mph, but Elon said they go up to 20,000 rpm, so there's that too.

The banter between LR and Plaid is so funny, because the LR is an incredibly fast car - 3.1s 0-60 is faster than anything I've owned, but the Plaid is a stupid fast car, and I'm just the right kind of stupid to buy it hahaha.
Every day I pat myself on the back for not "overpaying" for a Plaid, and every day I regret not ponying up the $$$$ to get one. First world problems...

As a member of the December Long Range Orders Crew, one may think that I've spent the last 8 months thinking about a name for my Tesla. Alas... I haven't put much thought into this. Living the continued state of optimism that I endure for some reason, I am hopeful that before August 15th I will be sitting in my Long Range at a charging station doing what I'm meant to in the car: Playing the Witcher 3. All that said, what's everyone naming their cars? I can't seem to land on anything I absolutely LOVE and I'm sure one of you is far more creative than I!