Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just might know someone with some Plaid 21” wheels that they do not want on their car (which I’m told will be delivered this weekend) :)

oh
And a spoiler
And a PLAD badge
I have my M3 wrapped in satin dark gray and ready for the plaid badge if you will be kind enough
294CF39D-D91F-4468-9735-2ABCF9E9102A.jpeg

Another confirmation that the delivery hold is gone. Just picked up my girl. I too will post off topic comments on appropriate threads but thank most everyone here for being the great support group you are.

As most everyone else says, hang in there. If you are like me and come from an older PD, this car is not like the previous cars; I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

Thank you!

And Tesla came through at the very end :)

So did you get delivery with 19” wheels?

I never knew that. I guess I was told wrong all these years about spacers. No wonder the TSportlInes are heavier than the Signature wheels.
Although using spacers is a completely acceptable practice in the right situation, the refreshed rear is a full 1.5 inches wider than the previous arachnids. The tires are 30mm wider. I don’t have it straight in my mind but the offset is different by 5mm I think as well. No matter, even if you center the wheel you will have 3/4” less wheel inside and out. To move it flush to the outer you’d have to move it 1.5” +\- that 5mm offset difference. It’s not a workable solution, would be foolish to do so.

for details go to willtheyfit.com

"To PPF or not to PPF... that is the question"

The sitch:
- First time mom of a car I absolutely adore (her name is Contessa, and she's a bad ass!)
- I keep my cars well until their teenage years. No leasing here.
- Live in SoCal with temps regularly >100F in summer
- Contessa lives in a garage, but has to stay outside in the sun while mommy is at work
- My daily driver for city streets, LA freeways, from beach / SF / LA / desert and local mountains. Unlikely out of state or cold weather, but lots of semi trucks on freeways and nasty dusty winds (and smoke and dust from our wildfires and Santa Ana winds).

For sure I'm planning ceramic and window tints, but really interested in the forum's recommendations for:
  1. Would you recommend PPF in my case? Full front? Those of you who do ceramic only -- why did you pass on PPF?
  2. What amount of tint? I have MSM with cream interior, so may be able to push it a little. (I like @omarsultan's idea of equal 55% throughout to keep the California po-po from getting interested in my out-of-spec front window but would love to hear other folks' ideas)
  3. What products are y'all recommending
  4. And probably most important: Who can I trust in SoCal to take care of my baby? (IE preferred, but willing to drive)
I decided to ppf this time because I hate seeing paint chips. I did a full ppf because I didn’t want to have protected and unprotected areas of the car. Ppf used was xpel ultimate.

tinted front/rear sides and back 20% with xpel prime plus

Although using spacers is a completely acceptable practice in the right situation, the refreshed rear is a full 1.5 inches wider than the previous arachnids. The tires are 30mm wider. I don’t have it straight in my mind but the offset is different by 5mm I think as well. No matter, even if you center the wheel you will have 3/4” less wheel inside and out. To move it flush to the outer you’d have to move it 1.5” +\- that 5mm offset difference. It’s not a workable solution, would be foolish to do so.

for details go to willtheyfit.com

yes! Goto willtheyfit.com if you have any fitment questions.

it won’t tell you if your setup will clear the inner linings at full turn but will help you figure out how silly your wheels will look using old arachnids on the new refreshed S.

Also If you are adding 5mm spacer to a 45 offset rim your new effective offset is 40.

Another confirmation that the delivery hold is gone. Just picked up my girl. I too will post off topic comments on appropriate threads but thank most everyone here for being the great support group you are.

As most everyone else says, hang in there. If you are like me and come from an older PD, this car is not like the previous cars; I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

Thank you!

You've been around a while, and you know about cars.
I'd like a full review, please.
1. 'Cos I'm interested
2. 'Cos we Australians have to wait two years for our cars. I ordered the day they were announced, they tell me end '22... So we have some time to kill.

Thank you!

You have 19s?

Not sure if this has been posted yet... these kids kinda wierd me out.. but heres:

Plaid vs a Modded 720S and 488 Pista.. Its actually quite entertaining

Knowing how fast modified 720s are, the Plaid just blew my mind even more.. Just the little acceleration at 3:35 is shocking, Races start at 4:50

I drove mine home last night and gently played with torque demand. It is going to take some getting used to, some recalibration. It's just not right. It does not comport with what I know about what is and is not possible when it comes to acceleration. It is really going to be fun figuring out what can be done on corner exit and doing so on the street. Not sure how to approach that one yet.

I've heard the term "alien tech" used a lot. That's what I am feeling.