Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Give me a break. Does anyone really think Tesla could legally keep the $100 at this point? It is laughable.
If you want to spend your time suing Tesla over $100 then have at it. IMO complaining about the $100 deposit is like trying to unspill milk at this point.

We have little to gain by canceling and only upside by holding on to the reservation. Worst case you refuse delivery, best case someone offers you a ridiculous premium for the car you didn’t want anyways. Or just maybe you decide you want the car after all.

Yeah, I get it. I had already agreed to sell my current car to a family member around the time of anticipated delivery (first time Tesla buyer, I didn't know better). It's the lack of communication that drives me crazy. You don't need a PR department to spin anything.... just put a statement saying what the delay is from, timelines, and what you're going to do for customers.

I am sure I would love the Tesla if I waited around and got it. I'd probably be a repeat customer. But if I get strung along with no communication, I'll go get something else. I didn't NEED a nice MSLR. I wanted one.

Again, it's the horrible business decisions that blow my mind. It's a conscious effort by Tesla to keep customers in the dark. They must feel the demand for the car completely outweighs any cons from lack of communication.
I’m not even upset about the delay, just disapppointed. I trust that the delays were truly unforeseen issues. However the lack of communication is inexcusable.

For some of us we were told our cars would be delivered literally in weeks. That date kept slipping, but still just weeks, until our dates just disappeared. Some states, Georgia included, make the purchaser of a car pay full sales tax on the car. Not just an affordable ad valorem tax but full sales tax.

Some of us have quite long commutes and I am not sure I would be comfortable in a $3k range used car driving ~100 mile a day on the expressway. I have already had to return 2 of my rental cars that needed oil and other routine maintenance due to my commute and weekend use.

The only saving grace in any of this madness is that I no longer have a car payment so the difference although not a wash is just enough to be really irritating.
I Totally get it. DIY car work is not for everyone. And I work from home, have a second vehicle (wifes Y) that is avail for road trips. I just needed something for around town local running around.

I was only posting a suggestion/potential option for those who might be interested in an option that (so far) is working for me until delivery occurs, whenever that may be.

I dont think Tesla (they partner with banks) can match that. Credit Unions have lower overall costs than banks, thus the ability to often offer lower rates. And Im 100% going to go with PenFed unless (unlikely) rateschange significantly between now and time for me to actually file for the loan. (cant apply too early beforeyou get the car, or else you'll have to re-apply all over and get hit with a second credit pull, which lowers your score. )
that .99% is crazy low. credit union by me offered 2.49% which i think is actually decent. I also remember 21% mortgages (I wasn't a home owner yet at that time, still in school) but when I hear sub 5% to me that's "free" after hearing about 18% CDs, 21% mortgages, and runaway inflation

On the 25th of July I ordered my plaid / cream/wood/21 and haven't received a VIN or delivery date yet. Based on all this pushback I called my SA today and he told me my car is in production. I was told the only thing they are presently manufacturing only cream interior, large wheeled versions of plaid. I should have my car in August. I just want to confirm that everyone is in agreement this information for my service advisor is guaranteed to be accurate?

On the 25th of July I ordered my plaid / cream/wood/21 and haven't received a VIN or delivery date yet. Based on all this pushback I called my SA today and he told me my car is in production. I was told the only thing they are presently manufacturing only cream interior, large wheeled versions of plaid. I should have my car in August. I just want to confirm that everyone is in agreement this information for my service advisor is guaranteed to be accurate?
I don't think we can use the word guaranteed when talking about Tesla or the SA.

This will be awesome!

Last edited:
Im checking with PennFed today..0.99% loan rate on new cars is advertised. At that rate, Im not paying my S off. Will get 100% of it financed and put that $83k into vanguard funds over the next 5 yrs.
Where is this advertised
Im checking with PennFed today..0.99% loan rate on new cars is advertised. At that rate, Im not paying my S off. Will get 100% of it financed and put that $83k into vanguard funds over the next 5 yrs.
.99?? Where is that on site??

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Ug, well need a car definitely by November here so went ahead an plopped down an order on a Y now also, estimated November delivery for those right now. If that comes in, will likely just take that. Definitely a cheaper car overall but will meet my needs just fine. For what I was going to put down on the S, I'll practically pay off the Y so guess it is the responsible thing to do anyway. (but secretly hoping can still get the S in ~Oct if possible hehe).

funny, had the wife test a Y - tempted to order one, and use until my S comes in.
Got my lady to order the Y after all the research on Tesla. She wanted a 4Runner. Now I’m feeling guilty about it because her order is just as blank as mine, after having a date range that improved twice.
Well this is odd... for the last couple of weeks I was seeing a daily +1 day push of my delivery dates and they were always a 4 day range. This morning it was Aug 10 - 13 and just NOW it updated to Aug 7 -13.
My date range on the Y improved twice before disappearing.
They are not even producing 19" wheels and have not delivered any yet. All the picks seem to be test mules so wtf is really going on here. Ridiculous!
I don’t understand what could be so hard, just get another set of rims, make the 20s, comp people 21s. They’re not hemorrhaging money with a 1.1 billion dollar profit in 3 months. That’s $1,100,000,000 in 3 MONTHS for sugar sakes.
They all feed us the same trash. I don’t even know how they show up to work without a guilty conscience and help people order cars with clearly false delivery dates. That would eat me up inside.