Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just updated my "Bookmarks." I try to keep a little up-to-speed and each night, or each few nights when I'm working, I'll bookmark the last page I finish reviewing on here. My bookmarks were PLENTY, to say the least. It was sad as I deleted bookmarks for pages 2760, 2500, 2200, 2145, 1234, back to PAGE 39!!! Ahhhh, we were all just kids back then!! Now we're angry and impatient wannabe Tesla owners :). WHERE'S MY CAR ELON????

50% YoY increase in price per gallon on average. Thanks Joe Biden! You know, maybe if you want to price gauge customers so they go EV, maybe fix the idiotic EV tax rebate law at some point in the next 100 years. Also, tell those Michigan democrats to stop shoving their personal agendas on the national stage and screwing American consumers.

Teslas are the most American made cars on the road. Why would these corrupt politicians screw them over and allow foreign OEMs to get benefits from American tax payers? These people are all fools. All of em.
Really
Politics????
Next we will be disgusting sexual abuse in the church.

It's called one side (ahem, right, far far climate change deniers) in Congress who fight tooth and nail b/c their pockets are filled with $$ from the oil & gas industry.
It seems like the other side is always the villain in the polarized political bizarro world. This seems to be true regardless of which polarized side you choose to identify with. Definitely creates productive discourse. Wait, it actually causes greater entrenchment. (psych 101) Who would have thought?

And I do not have an EDD yet.

It seems like the other side is always the villain in the polarized political bizarro world. This seems to be true regardless of which polarized side you choose to identify with. Definitely creates productive discourse. Wait, it actually causes greater entrenchment. (psych 101) Who would have thought?

And I do not have an EDD yet.
But only one side committed terrorist acts of treason against my country, and is actively trying to downplay what that means.

This is why you keep politics out of other activities.

(rubs eyes) I got an EDD! It's been 2 months of blank (ordered in March), checking 4 times a day! It's back... Probably just to tease me, but hey, I'm desperate! Aug 1-15!
And i have the 19" cf config.
Man i hope this turns into a VIN and then my dream car shows up!
Now on to refreshing 10 times a day!
Not to be negative, but my experience is that date ranges are just a new type of hell. I do hope that your experience is better, however.

Last edited:
So seriously guys, anyone have any idea why "white seats" are holding things up for the new MS Plaid? It seems CF trim is available and it's obvious that Tesla isn't short on white exterior paint, so it's the white seats then huh? Seems a bit odd to me. 🤔 Although the new perforated, cooled seats for the MS Plaid are different seats, does anyone know if white seats are currently available and being produced for M3's and MY's? Just curious.

So seriously guys, anyone have any idea why "white seats" are holding things up for the new MS Plaid? It seems CF trim is available and it's obvious that Tesla isn't short on white exterior paint, so it's the white seats then huh? Seems a bit odd to me. 🤔 Although the new perforated, cooled seats for the MS Plaid are different seats, does anyone know if white seats are currently available and being produced for M3's and MY's? Just curious.

They probably ran out just like they did of red paint for the calipers.

I still think it's trim pieces man. All those model s missing trim pieces, most were white.

There are no vegan white cows left on Mars for white seats. We should wait another decade :D

But to be serious regarding delays because of white seats... 2 weeks ago when I was painting my garage, I was not able to find white flat paint in 35 miles radius from my home...

I Hope Tesla bought all stock to paint mine and others' seats... We have seen they were using wood brackets from home depot to mount heat pump on model 3 before... I would not be surprised :D

But to be serious regarding delays because of white seats... 2 weeks ago when I was painting my garage, I was not able to find white flat paint in 35 miles radius from my home...

I Hope Tesla bought all stock to paint mine and others' seats... We have seen they were using wood brackets from home depot to mount heat pump on model 3 before... I would not be surprised :D
I suspect this is due more to a general logistic and transport issue than white paint issue. White paint pigment is titanium dioxide which, despite shortages of everything everywhere, does not seem to be in short supply. So I kind of doubt it's related to the Tesla white interior shortage, but I suppose anything is possible.

I swear if I find any duct tape or mickey-moused anything that even remotely looks like it was store-bought at Home Depot on my new $146k Tesla Model S Plaid, I’m going to call every single media outlet to beg them to do an in-depth expose on Tesla. Then I’ll actually sign up for Twitter and troll Elon everyday (multiple times per day) tweeting pictures of the duct-taped parts and other Home Depot bought crap I find on my car, lol! 😜. I better not find any of that crap on my car!

With my Tesla wall charger connected in my garage and after seeing all the videos online (especially following Brooks - DragTimes), I feel obligated to bite my lip and wait for my Tesla Model S Plaid...provided they really do get me a VIN and delivery in Sept/Oct time frame. But, if it gets pushed out until end of this year or next year, I'm out and will likely buy a Lucid Air GT or MB EQ AMG.

I’m going to keep my place in line for this MS but I have my eye on the used Tesla market if the delivery gets any more delays. Seeing Feb-Mar on the website is concerning for sure. I will probably get a spot for the Hummer EV and that will be the family vehicle, especially since it is a few years out can’t hurt to have my place in that line.