Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, 19s (see signature info). I ordered a Plaid+ right after it was available last year. Then in May of this year I got a call from a 'loyalty advisor' at Tesla telling me that if I wanted to convert it to a Plaid order I'd have priority and would likely get one in June. I did this around May 22. The way it was done cancelled my original order, and I ended up with a RN in the 1150 range rather than the earlier one. He said that a note about my earlier one was placed in the file, and I'd keep the 8k FSD price I had. I happened to order MSM 19" Cream with wood, so I got part of the lottery right(no white or CF), but missed part of it (the 19s). No delivery date estimate or vin until just now. I've had some interactions via email with the loyalty advisor, and he has been saying I should still have the original RN priority, but that the 19s have been the delay. I'd feel better about this narrative being of some use if I had the car, but until I do, take it as a work in progress.
Wow, congrats!! I think you’re the first TMC person to have a VIN with 19s. Bravo!

What are the three digits after MF in VIN, if you don’t mind sharing?

Also, could you please look for your vehicleMapId in the source and add your info here? (added a line for you at the bottom)

Money is no object for me. Don't wrongly guess at my motives; it's embarrassing for you. I am pretty annoyed by this forum's pretty ugly habit of config-shaming other buyers (regarding Plaid and 19s, mostly).

The 19s will accelerate faster and have better ride quality, although the difference is admittedly marginal. (the range is important because we take my car on 600-mile road trips every year, and the destination is remote and not near any superchargers)
I don't think the 19's will out accelerate the 21's with the stock rubber. I think the only thing holding Tesla back with quicker acceleration is the grip. I think the 19's will come with shitty rubber and thinner than the 21's.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Shifted again. 20 Aug -3 September

Blank
August
Blank
August
Blank
August
July 28-Aug 11
Blank
August
July 31-Aug 12
August
Aug 4-Aug 17
Aug 5-Aug 18
Aug 6-Aug 17
Aug 7-Aug 17
Aug 8-Aug 17
Aug 9-Aug 17
Aug 10-Aug 17
Aug 11-Aug 19
Aug 12-Aug 21
Aug 13-Aug 24
Aug14-Aug 26
Aug 15-Aug 28
Aug 16-Aug 28
Aug 17-Aug 31
Aug 18-Sep 1
Aug 20-Sep 3
Good grief, I don't know what's worse. Blank forever or the rolling dates for weeks. Jeez

You do get better range with the 19". Ride quality is virtually on par with both, 21" has better acceleration and by far better handling, and obviously better looks. As someone who had both stock 19" and arachnid setup, switching out to 21" was like getting a new car, better in every way. Everyone who disagrees is trying to justinfy not spending the extra $...
All season 19's are simply easier to deal with in cold climates. I have a Jeep I drive in the winter on crappy days, but I still want to have the possibility of driving the MS. 21's with summer tires would be worthless unless swapped out whereas all season 19's at least offer some use during the winter.

I don't think the 19's will out accelerate the 21's with the stock rubber. I think the only thing holding Tesla back with quicker acceleration is the grip. I think the 19's will come with shitty rubber and thinner than the 21's.

I agree. The 19s are Pirellis, and not great ones if I recall correctly. That might be part of the reason for the delay on them. My local Tesla has had a Plaid there for so long now, but they simply are not able to deliver it. But who knows…

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This is getting ridiculous at this point. People ordering and receiving their cars within a matter of 2-3 weeks and then there are people waiting for over 8 months. This is fuccking pathetic. Starting to get really mad at this shiit and hoping me being a cry baby will make Tesla process my order faster 😂
To the people who are getting their cars in less than a month - how do ya live with yourselves ya pricks! :rolleyes:
It seems like they have a "ready inventory" of the configurations that they (likely) predicted would be most common. Probably just unlucky for those of us that selected those combinations that are unavailable.

All season 19's are simply easier to deal with in cold climates. I have a Jeep I drive in the winter on crappy days, but I still want to have the possibility of driving the MS. 21's with summer tires would be worthless unless swapped out whereas all season 19's at least offer some use during the winter.
all season are not good at anything. summers for the summer and winter tires for the winter is the way to go if you are swapping. why would you swap for all seasons in the winter? i used to have the rear wheel drive model s and swapping in the winter for proper winter tires made it a better drive than awd cars with all seasons. just watch some video on youtube to compare them. they are night and day.

Hey guys - for those of us that couldnt afford the 21s or the plaids and therefore will be waiting for another 2 years, I thought we could all come up with some great peasantmobile vanity license plates (which we also cant afford). Here are my ideas so far, let me know what you think (7 character limit!). plz add urs.

"BR0K3MN" OR "BR0KWMN"
"N0WBR0K"
"P3ASANT"
"2P00R4U"
"N0SVNGS"
"VRYSL0W"
"N0TPLAD"
"D38TLFE"
"D1V0RCD"
"CH3PR1K"

Last edited:
This is getting ridiculous at this point. People ordering and receiving their cars within a matter of 2-3 weeks and then there are people waiting for over 8 months. This is fuccking pathetic. Starting to get really mad at this shiit and hoping me being a cry baby will make Tesla process my order faster 😂
To the people who are getting their cars in less than a month - how do ya live with yourselves ya pricks! :rolleyes:
FYI -- I reached out to my local SC Mgr and RM and the Mgr came back with "mid-Sept - mid-Oct" holding steady on my Tesla account right now (even though I don't have a VIN or any est delivery showing on my Tesla account page). So, perhaps, just maybe, hopefully, praying that that time frame doesn't slip into Oct or beyond. So perhaps they're really trying to get older (white ext with white seats/cf trim) orders actually delivery within the next 4-9 weeks. Let's hope so! 🙏:cool:

PLADLYK
THRDMTR
Hey guys - for those of us that couldnt afford the 21s or the plaids and therefore will be waiting for another 2 years, I thought we could all come up with some great peasantmobile vanity license plates (which we also cant afford). Here are my ideas so far, let me know what you think (7 character limit!). plz add urs.

"BR0K3MN" OR "BR0KWMN"
"N0WBRKE"
"PEASANT"
"2P00R4U"
"N0SVNGS"
"VRYSL0W"
"N0TPLAD"
"D38TLFE"
"D1V0RCD"
"CH3PR1K"

Thanks! Jason did ask about you tho! 😃

my car got many minor issues with interior assembly, a few of them were addressed right away at delivery time. Also, a few places that are missing parts, really minor of them, like rubber cover on bolt or so.

The biggest concern is the front right door. It has a paint issue. Looks like there were spots that are missing clear coat and they tried to fix it after the car has arrived at them and did a shittty job. They will fix it under warranty in Seattle. The clear coat has started flaking already on that place when I've been applying temporary PPF to cross the country.

Here are pictures of issues I have found so far, as I've said they have fixed a few of them. A few needs to replace parts and respray the door :(

1. Panels fit - fixed
2. Front bumper’s lower grill has a loose rubber seal - fixed
3. Rubber seal fit - fixed
4. Carpet has a burning spot. Will replace that part.
5.same carpet spot
6. Front right door inside rubber seal. Will replace under warranty
7. Arch liners are loosened on rear wheels. I don't know why.
8. Something stuck between leather and CF trim. Front right door
9. Blue tape left?
10. Missed bolt’s cup
You would think the more they make the better the build quality would get, but that just doesn’t seem like the case with Tesla. Any build seems to just be a luck of the draw. When/if I ever take delivery of mine I will have to put on my rose colored glasses 🤓

Congrats on the car! Sorry about the flaws.

"BR0K3MN" OR "BR0KWMN"
"N0WBR0K"
"P3ASANT"
"2P00R4U"
"N0SVNGS"
"VRYSL0W"
"N0TPLAD"
"D38TLFE"
"D1V0RCD"
"CH3PR1K"
Ohh! PLAIDLR ;)

Good grief.... 803kW is 1076hp. Are these cars underrated?
What @Pezpunk said is absolutely correct. If you head over to the Dragy Times For LR and Plaid thread, @omarsultan,
@TorqueMonster, and myself had a discussion about this on Sunday. Initaly it seems as though the equipment was multiplying current by nominal voltage, which wasn't accurate, but @omarsultan found the proper readings with current multiplied by voltage under load, and it came out to about 1,100 hp also. The pattern goes: ~1,100 hp at the battery, to about 1,020 hp at the motors, to about 990 hp at the wheels.

Last edited: