Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is getting ridiculous at this point. People ordering and receiving their cars within a matter of 2-3 weeks and then there are people waiting for over 8 months. This is fuccking pathetic. Starting to get really mad at this shiit and hoping me being a cry baby will make Tesla process my order faster 😂
To the people who are getting their cars in less than a month - how do ya live with yourselves ya pricks! :rolleyes:

As an update, a few minutes ago, I received an email saying final payment is now due, and my account page updated with a VIN and with the MVPA agreement filled out and dated August 5 (tomorrow). The estimate delivery date, which has been Aug. 16-25 for the past week or so, is now gone. I just emailed the relationship manager I have been dealing with to ask what he knows about the actual delivery date. This person is who called me in May to ask if I wanted to convert my Sept 2020 Plaid+ order to a Plaid 'for expedited delivery maybe in June'. Does the assignment of a VIN and delivery of the MVPA and request for payment indicate that I am getting close? Or not?
Thanks,
omg! you have 19" wheels and got a VIN :eek:

This is getting ridiculous at this point. People ordering and receiving their cars within a matter of 2-3 weeks and then there are people waiting for over 8 months. This is fuccking pathetic. Starting to get really mad at this shiit and hoping me being a cry baby will make Tesla process my order faster 😂
To the people who are getting their cars in less than a month - how do ya live with yourselves ya pricks! :rolleyes:
Yep, by the time I take delivery it will have been over a 9 month wait. Insane!

Keep in mind my perspective - I am not a track driver and do not expect or push this car to be that car. Also, it is an LR so it is not tuned same as the Plaid.

With that being said, it corners great - especially for a 4500lb door door hatchback.

The 21's lower profile helps out considerably and the tires themselves do their part remarkably.

There were no issues pushing it at speed through winding roads in the six Smoky States that I drove through.
I forget if you were a previous Model 3 owner… if yes, could you compare to that? If no, anything like a BMW 3 you could compare to?

Sorry for the dumb question. I’ve never owned anything larger than the two cars above (although my recollection of driving a family member’s 2000 era 5 series might help) and I’m just trying to get an early feel for what will be different. The only racetrack I see with any frequency is I-90 so I’m more concerned with overtaking and highway maneuvering than ripping thru corners!

BOOM! Congrats man! 💪

I'd love to hear about the issues you identified.
Thanks! Jason did ask about you tho! 😃

my car got many minor issues with interior assembly, a few of them were addressed right away at delivery time. Also, a few places that are missing parts, really minor of them, like rubber cover on bolt or so.

The biggest concern is the front right door. It has a paint issue. Looks like there were spots that are missing clear coat and they tried to fix it after the car has arrived at them and did a shittty job. They will fix it under warranty in Seattle. The clear coat has started flaking already on that place when I've been applying temporary PPF to cross the country.

Here are pictures of issues I have found so far, as I've said they have fixed a few of them. A few needs to replace parts and respray the door :(

1. Panels fit - fixed
2. Front bumper’s lower grill has a loose rubber seal - fixed
3. Rubber seal fit - fixed
4. Carpet has a burning spot. Will replace that part.
5.same carpet spot
6. Front right door inside rubber seal. Will replace under warranty
7. Arch liners are loosened on rear wheels. I don't know why.
8. Something stuck between leather and CF trim. Front right door
9. Blue tape left?
10. Missed bolt’s cup

Attachments

• FA271351-1BF2-4A2E-8FDE-BFDF39C15DCF.jpeg
    FA271351-1BF2-4A2E-8FDE-BFDF39C15DCF.jpeg
    501.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 1BE43799-BDF7-46AC-A2FF-C747BFF1D689.jpeg
    1BE43799-BDF7-46AC-A2FF-C747BFF1D689.jpeg
    486.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 7B558B3B-E62E-4218-8ABC-ADEB64854657.jpeg
    7B558B3B-E62E-4218-8ABC-ADEB64854657.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 77324AB7-B248-4EE0-92DA-788C00263571.jpeg
    77324AB7-B248-4EE0-92DA-788C00263571.jpeg
    650.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 589E2ABF-E9B4-4903-A150-75B3B49D54B9.jpeg
    589E2ABF-E9B4-4903-A150-75B3B49D54B9.jpeg
    600.7 KB · Views: 57
  • FD0C2326-84CD-4D72-9652-441F3A90F61C.jpeg
    FD0C2326-84CD-4D72-9652-441F3A90F61C.jpeg
    345 KB · Views: 59
  • 83C9F207-588B-47A9-961E-C8E13A26BEE3.jpeg
    83C9F207-588B-47A9-961E-C8E13A26BEE3.jpeg
    507.9 KB · Views: 59
  • A5A5FD4A-7E43-496D-A8C9-F115C34D0ED2.jpeg
    A5A5FD4A-7E43-496D-A8C9-F115C34D0ED2.jpeg
    526.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 53DCD7A2-5F98-4423-8F4C-28439F4A3972.jpeg
    53DCD7A2-5F98-4423-8F4C-28439F4A3972.jpeg
    446.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 65B1F599-74E0-462C-BEAF-10CF84442FDC.jpeg
    65B1F599-74E0-462C-BEAF-10CF84442FDC.jpeg
    393.4 KB · Views: 61

my car got many minor issues with interior assembly, a few of them were addressed right away at delivery time. Also, a few places that are missing parts, really minor of them, like rubber cover on bolt or so.

The biggest concern is the front right door. It has a paint issue. Looks like there were spots that are missing clear coat and they tried to fix it after the car has arrived at them and did a shittty job. They will fix it under warranty in Seattle. The clear coat has started flaking already on that place when I've been applying temporary PPF to cross the country.

Here are pictures of issues I have found so far, as I've said they have fixed a few of them. A few needs to replace parts and respray the door :(

1. Panels fit - fixed
5.same carpet spot
9. Blue tape left?
10. Missed bolt’s cup
Wow did they even inspect your car at all during PDI? Thanks for posting this stuff! It really does help us all in knowing what to look for.

I forget if you were a previous Model 3 owner… if yes, could you compare to that? If no, anything like a BMW 3 you could compare to?

Sorry for the dumb question. I’ve never owned anything larger than the two cars above (although my recollection of driving a family member’s 2000 era 5 series might help) and I’m just trying to get an early feel for what will be different. The only racetrack I see with any frequency is I-90 so I’m more concerned with overtaking and highway maneuvering than ripping thru corners!
I sold our M3P and picked up the plaid. Its a better car for sure especially for the price tag. Interior feels like a 5 series bmw as it should be. So much power at your feet! I drove our MXP last night and it felt inferior lol.

1. Panels fit - fixed
5.same carpet spot
9. Blue tape left?
10. Missed bolt’s cup
I had the same seal hanging under the front grill as you did. My Tesla tech just tucked it up into the bumper! Pretty sure that's not where it goes...

1. Panels fit - fixed
5.same carpet spot
9. Blue tape left?
10. Missed bolt’s cup
Jason is a good guy with a TOUGH job. 😂

This just reinforces the need to go over every delivery with a fine tooth comb. Glad Tesla is stepping up and handling everything. Safe travel back to the Left Coast!

I searched and found some delivery checklists for Model 3/y.

Did anyone make a checklist of what has been found so far when picking up your Plaid? Things like airbag discoloration, pain peel here, etc.

I am interested in this as well. Picking up my Plaid next Friday. They say you have 100 miles to identify issues so I don't need to spend too much time during pickup unless something is glaring, but want to make sure I don't miss anything of course. Plaid+ Conversion to Plaid, Blue, Black, Carbon Fiber, 21s

I heard this morning local NorCal Bay Area deliveries are being pushed out and holding for an update?

They rescheduled my delivery to the 9th.
omg! you have 19" wheels and got a VIN :eek:
I am "im"patiently waiting to see if he @mkspeedr actually switched to 21" and didn't update his profile as well

Last edited:
I am interested in this as well. Picking up my Plaid next Friday. They say you have 100 miles to identify issues so I don't need to spend too much time during pickup unless something is glaring, but want to make sure I don't miss anything of course. Plaid+ Conversion to Plaid, Blue, Black, Carbon Fiber, 21s
The only flip side to that is if it is a quick fix it can be done on the spot as opposed to later via a service appointment.