Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is getting ridiculous at this point. People ordering and receiving their cars within a matter of 2-3 weeks and then there are people waiting for over 8 months. This is fuccking pathetic. Starting to get really mad at this shiit and hoping me being a cry baby will make Tesla process my order faster 😂
To the people who are getting their cars in less than a month - how do ya live with yourselves ya pricks! :rolleyes:
It hasn't been easy. It's been a long 10 days. I've just kept my chin up, been brave and put one foot in front of the other. Seriously though I can't even imagine my emotional state if the shoe were on the other foot.

I do have a question for everyone. I get people wanting white and carbon fiber and went back and forth on that myself. I'm a bit curious about this preference for 19 in wheels given how beautiful the 21s are.

Is this because people are very sensitive to range? Or, just don't see the value in the forged 21s? Or, plan on spending big money upgrading to HRE or something exotic?

It hasn't been easy. It's been a long 10 days. I've just kept my chin up, been brave and put one foot in front of the other. Seriously though I can't even imagine my emotional state if the shoe were on the other foot.

I do have a question for everyone. I get people wanting white and carbon fiber and went back and forth on that myself. I'm a bit curious about this preference for 19 in wheels given how beautiful the 21s are.

Is this because people are very sensitive to range? Or, just don't see the value in the forged 21s? Or, plan on spending big money upgrading to HRE or something exotic?
Much better range. Better acceleration. Better ride quality. Literally the ONLY reason for the 21s is vanity. Everything else is a negative.

Shifted again. 20 Aug -3 September

Blank
August
Blank
August
Blank
August
July 28-Aug 11
Blank
August
July 31-Aug 12
August
Aug 4-Aug 17
Aug 5-Aug 18
Aug 6-Aug 17
Aug 7-Aug 17
Aug 8-Aug 17
Aug 9-Aug 17
Aug 10-Aug 17
Aug 11-Aug 19
Aug 12-Aug 21
Aug 13-Aug 24
Aug14-Aug 26
Aug 15-Aug 28
Aug 16-Aug 28
Aug 17-Aug 31
Aug 18-Sep 1
Aug 20-Sep 3

Much better range. Better acceleration. Better ride quality. Literally the ONLY reason for the 21s is vanity. Everything else is a negative.
You do get better range with the 19". Ride quality is virtually on par with both, 21" has better acceleration and by far better handling, and obviously better looks. As someone who had both stock 19" and arachnid setup, switching out to 21" was like getting a new car, better in every way. Everyone who disagrees is trying to justinfy not spending the extra $...

You do get better range with the 19". Ride quality is virtually on par with both, 21" has better acceleration and by far better handling, and obviously better looks. As someone who had both stock 19" and arachnid setup, switching out to 21" was like getting a new car, better in every way. Everyone who disagrees is trying to justinfy not spending the extra $...
Money is no object for me. Don't wrongly guess at my motives; it's embarrassing for you. I am pretty annoyed by this forum's pretty ugly habit of config-shaming other buyers (regarding Plaid and 19s, mostly).

The 19s will accelerate faster and have better ride quality, although the difference is admittedly marginal. (the range is important because we take my car on 600-mile road trips every year, and the destination is remote and not near any superchargers)

I think that there are many of us that would have "accepted" 21" wheels if Tesla had been honest and communicated with us in the beginning.

I would have been okay with 21" wheels if I had known I would be 8 months into my order and NOT EVEN a been given a WildAssGuess as to when I will see my car.

This whole process has been the epitome of an "abusive relationship" from seeing drone flyovers at the factory of 19" wheel cars...to seeing Tesla change the color on the new order screen....to it will be here soon...to now some orders as old as October 2020 having nothing but "we will reach out to you" being the only delivery information on their account.

Even as of this week my SA reached out to me and said "new orders are showing March-*** 2022" .... like that helps me in any way?

Just completely pathetic at this point.

Ordered 5/8/2021, MSLR black on black 21inch wheels. Kansas city Mo

Was blank till about 6/15 with an EDD of September. This past Monday, 7/26 I showed 14 day ranges.

7/26 showed 8/10-8/24
7/27 showed 8/11-8/25
7/28 showed 8/12-8/26
7/29 showed 8/13-8/27
7/30 showed 8/14-8/28
7/31showed 8/15-8/29
8/1 showed 8/16-8/30
8/2 showed 8/16-8/30
8/3 showed 8/17-8/31
8/4 showed 8/18-8/31
8/5 (today) shows 8/20-9/3

Pushed out and back to a 14 day window 😢

I am interested in this as well. Picking up my Plaid next Friday. They say you have 100 miles to identify issues so I don't need to spend too much time during pickup unless something is glaring, but want to make sure I don't miss anything of course. Plaid+ Conversion to Plaid, Blue, Black, Carbon Fiber, 21s