Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoilers: I wasn’t F’ing kidding.
You so have to get some wires run to the back of the emergency gear shifter buttons to get those stalks working. This is going to be interesting. I'm not sure what output the capacitive touch buttons send but it would be nice if it was a basic contact closure. I'm guessing something electronic through the CAN bus? More pics of the process!

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Sound advice. Someone in north Texas had a Plaid order and got tired of waiting for it. Switched and took delivery of a MYP instead. The Plaid got built shortly after and is now going to someone else.

Going from a Plaid to MYP still seems insane to me. Don't get me wrong, the MYP is a fantastic car, but they are on two different levels for people I'd think. I know I will be waiting for a Model S. As much as I loved my M3P, even when I bought it I felt like I made a mistake not waiting for the S Refresh. Fate is going to get me both without spending anything, but I will always wait for the thing I truly want. Doesn't mean I won't bitch about the absurdity of the wait though

Going from a Plaid to MYP still seems insane to me. Don't get me wrong, the MYP is a fantastic car, but they are on two different levels for people I'd think. I know I will be waiting for a Model S. As much as I loved my M3P, even when I bought it I felt like I made a mistake not waiting for the S Refresh. Fate is going to get me both without spending anything, but I will always wait for the thing I truly want. Doesn't mean I won't bitch about the absurdity of the wait though
I had a MYP on order for over a year and I am so so glad, I waited it out for the MS and ended up canceling the Y order instead.

I've been lurking here for a while and today decided to register on TMC and post with the EDD updates this morning.

@2021plaid You've been such a positive presence for us, and have done a lot to keep spirits up. What about you man? Do you have an order you're waiting on? Any positive progress on your Estimated Delivery Date?

@2021plaid - doesnt have an order, but, tbh, I think we should do a gofundme and buy him a plaid. that's my personal take.

@2021plaid - doesnt have an order, but, tbh, I think we should do a gofundme and buy him a plaid. that's my personal take.
Damn, @2021plaid you're in here every day contributing to the discussion and you don't even have skin in the game. That's wild. Thanks for doing what you do.

@Tigers I'm sure it would be delivered before all of our pre-price hike orders too 😂

Who has the link to the Model S order tracking spreadsheet? Is that still a thing? It was many years ago when I ordered my first MS.

I have noticed the car seems "busier" than my old Model S in that I'll walk into the garage and it sounds like the fans are running. I usually have my phone in my pocket, so maybe that is it. I'll have to try and measure the consumption and see how much it is.
thanks, I think it’s a bug in this 12.25.5 I also had the music issue where it plays when the car is locked and the Screens are off.

I've been lurking here for a while and today decided to register on TMC and post with the EDD updates this morning.

@2021plaid You've been such a positive presence for us, and have done a lot to keep spirits up. What about you man? Do you have an order you're waiting on? Any positive progress on your Estimated Delivery Date?
Damn, @2021plaid you're in here every day contributing to the discussion and you don't even have skin in the game. That's wild. Thanks for doing what you do.

@Tigers I'm sure it would be delivered before all of our pre-price hike orders too 😂

Thank you all so much for your kind words and support. I always try to be positive.😁
I think this thread is full of fun and funny people, and I enjoy contributing to it.😁🙂😃 And you are very welcome, @OneBillsDrive!

Last edited:
Sooooo... It works fine, mechanically.

I rigged up CAN injection messages to make my window switches into turn signals so I wouldn't have to drive around without signals like a BMW owner. Also making the stalks work is gonna be easy.

Travesty to Tesla's vision, or not, I'm happy.

Edit: also, i put the yoke back on and airbag back in, and the car is showing no errors and everything is fine with that too...
This would be epic if you get this functioning like oem.

Ordered 8/6 -> Plaid Blue, Ebony, 21. Home delivery happening 8/12. Xpel PPF/Tint/Ceramic scheduled for 8/20. Full package is $6100. Need to decide on tint levels. I think I will do 20% rear, 50% front.

Crazy. I have whiplash for how fast this happened. Wife is not happy I paid the $10K Tesla tax to change from white CF to black ebony. But I really don't like the white CF and don't want to live with it. Expensive decision. Sigh. Hopefully the car cheers me up. LOL.

Wife is also worried about sunscreen on the black seats. A legit concern. Dunno what can be done about it.