Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered an LR. Plaid is out of my price range…but I’d like to experience the acceleration. Anyone near Greenville, SC with a plaid?
There are a few of us in the forum in the CLT region (according to the tracking sheet). I’m just north of CLT in Huntersville (2 hours from Greenville). If I head in your direction I’ll be sure to reach out. I see you’re picking up in CLT—if you haven’t gotten your ride by then lemme know and maybe we can connect!

One of our Texas Plaid owners needs to pick up @2021plaid for a ride!

I… don’t like this. It just doesn’t make any sense. What are they doing? Carrying these things the last 200 miles on the backs of mules? Is this the Oregon Trail? Do I need to check for dysenter?
@boonedocks there's a lot by the train station I've seen them store them until the trucks load them up and take them. I can go over with my drone and see if there are cars in that lot.

Last edited:
I do the same thing, but I have yet to see a LR post a 2.9 0-60. Someone a few days ago posted a 3.4 0-60 from a Dragy. Doesn't seem like anyone is interested in holding Tesla's feet to the fire like they did with the Plaid claims.
Here. This is from someone on the forum about a month ago. Sub 3sec with 1ft roll out. This was on 21”. Still no Dragy for 19in from either LR or Plaid.

Attachments

• B95C12DE-1679-4876-A141-69195C4E78B3.jpeg
    B95C12DE-1679-4876-A141-69195C4E78B3.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 67
I called Tesla yesterday proactively and set up my delivery date & time. I had to wait on hold for 27 minutes, but they were helpful. Call this number and follow the prompts for new car delivery/sales: 1 (888) 518-3752.
Interesting. I have a vin now and 3 day window. I called about getting the payment acceptance details and other dotting I questions. I asked where it is and if the 3 day window was a high % of happening. He said 80% chance and the car was either going on or is on a train. I may wait a week before doing the proactive call you made. It’s still too far out and my window too small, 3k miles to cross and a hurricane along the way maybe tossed in to trust the window will stick knowing what I know now about this crazy process. 😂

Thats odd, on Monday they matched us with a vehicle outside of our spec. Cream interior instead of white. They offered my original 80 K price. Once I drove over to Eatonville saw the car in person i decided to keep my current order.

thank you!!!
I had the same offer at Eatonville, that I’d keep my original price. I assumed that would have worked out. @Marcust99 was told the opposite at his SC.

Here. This is from someone on the forum about a month ago. Sub 3sec with 1ft roll out. This was on 21”. Still no Dragy for 19in from either LR or Plaid.
I saw this. It is also flagged as invalid because of a 4% downhill slope. Missing the 3.1 with that much of a downhill slope doesn't validate the specs in my book. I'm hoping someone achieves a legitimate 3.1 at some point.

Today's agenda with my son. View attachment 702837
Awesome! My company has a box on 17. Speaking of 17, with so many ending yesterday at 17 under, the back 9 really changing the game with difficulty, today should be an epic shootout right to the end! Go Jon Rahm. I got to play with him for a day in his first pro am after his turning pro in 2016. He really got himself all jammed up yesterday on the back 9. He’s growing up. A couple years ago he would have broken a couple clubs. 🤯 Great view. Enjoy!!

Awesome! My company has a box on 17. Speaking of 17, with so many ending yesterday at 17 under, the back 9 really changing the game with difficulty, today should be an epic shootout right to the end! Go Jon Rahm. I got to play with him for a day in his first pro am after his turning pro in 2016. He really got himself all jammed up yesterday on the back 9. Great view. Enjoy!!
That was on Friday. We're slumming it in general admission today. 😂

Caves is a fairly exclusive club. I've played it a dozen or so times and I knew it wouldn't present much of a challenge for the pros. They lengthened a few holes, but more would be needed to test the big boys.