Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha. Now I just need a winter set LOL. What spec tires would you recommend for winter, if I still want to race? :D
Ok so I'm not too familiar with winter tires and good ones.... If I had to say, I would say look at Michelin or Pirrelli, as they make great tires. Tesla should have a winter wheel and tire kit coming out soon, so you could always look at that.

Reactions: impastu and Venom
I actually think the range will be within 1-2 miles! If you check out the video @planetary linked (up to 3 min 50), you will notice that an increase of 205mm width to 305mm with changed the range by just 1.7 miles!
True, but that was aero drag only. Rolling resistance can take a big chunk out of range too. I imagine these Michelins to not be horrible though, hence my guesses.

• Informative
True, but that was aero drag only. Rolling resistance can take a big chunk out of range too. I imagine these Michelins to not be horrible though, hence my guesses.
Oh yeah you're right. The extra width will definitely increase rolling resistance. Perhaps i'll do an experiment when i get the car and see what the difference is in range! Not sure the best way to measure it though.

Gotcha, for winter tires would you say the same front and rear sizes? Just winter rated?

Oh yeah you're right. The extra width will definitely increase rolling resistance. Perhaps i'll do an experiment when i get the car and see what the difference is in range! Not sure the best way to measure it though.

Gotcha, for winter tires would you say the same front and rear sizes? Just winter rated?
I absolutely would. The car dynamically should then have the same bones, just with less dry grip obviously.🙂

• Love
Which tire are you going for in your plaid? 😊
🙂

• Love
Did someone say Porsche? Try again, bub.

If I can get over the lights, I might just take that October delivery……but I look at the 3 and wonder, WTH?

[Edit]

Looks like I don’t have to worry….my EDD skipped 2 months in 2 days. It’s now

December 16 - January 05

No way I’m taking an EOQ/EOY vehicle. Not from any manufacturer. :)

Last edited:
Any reason why you didn't go for roof tint? We're both in NorCal and I'm definitely considering it, especially coming from a M3 with the physical mesh roof shade.

Most of the shops I asked about the roof tint said they have to drop the headliner to do it properly. So I decided to hold off, as I didn’t want anyone messing with the headliner on a new car. Might decide to do it later though.

Finally caught up with the posts. I missed the entire day of activity. I see I missed some shenanigans with politics. That's too bad. I do enjoy adding more idiots to my ignore list. 😂

I spent the day with my girls, and their boyfriends, enjoying the literal exact opposite of a clean, environmentally friendly, Tesla.

View attachment 702791
My son loved monster trucks when he was a wee lad. They are incredibly loud and the drivers are pretty impressive.

Totally, and I already have a DEAD Long Range at my SC, it has 35 miles on it. I guess I am the FOOL for thinking they would treat me different, they didn't even care to come outside and look, the next question was, do you want the order canceled? I said yes. I have been driving Tesla's since 2015. They don't care.
That's pretty stunning. That level of treatment is unjustified but makes me wonder what the heck is going on with your SC too. I would hope escalating it would improve the situation, but I doubt it. Wishing you good luck through this.

So I got a VIN yesterday. My EDD changed to August 27-31.

I’ve never had a SA. I’ve never talked to anyone at Tesla.

I don’t have a MVPA yet.

I called the St. Louis SC. Got an answering machine and left a message. No callback yet.

Obviously there will be no delivery by August 31.

Suggestions?
I called Tesla yesterday proactively and set up my delivery date & time. I had to wait on hold for 27 minutes, but they were helpful. Call this number and follow the prompts for new car delivery/sales: 1 (888) 518-3752.

This is quite underwhelming especially since 0-60 in 2.3secs was the advertised number for Raven. Whether it actually did that number or not is another story. Having currently driving a 2020 Model S, I am questioning my desire of becoming a peacock after reading posts like this one
Find a forum friend and drive the Plaid. The two cars are not even in the same league let alone the same ball park. One drive should clear the issue up one way or the other. I wish you were closer.