Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yours actually being delivered is a ray of hope. I still have no VIN. Assured they will adjust my EDD tomorrow to a non Q3 date or one that extends past it. 6th or 7th adjustment this month alone. Plaid blue/ white int/19”/CS/FSD 1142xxx EDD Sept 26-30 In the 11 month now of waiting
Can’t wait to see it. This is my config too!

Did they tell you by when you'll be getting those mising parts?
Did they give you a written note about the missing items?
Did they allow you to inspect before paper work?
If yes, how much approx time they give you for the inspection?
For pre-paper work inspection do they allow you to inspect interior or only exterior?
Do they allow you to test drive during pre-paper work inspection?
I am planning to pay cash, do you know whether they accept personal or cashier check? Sorry for so many questions, keep us posted if you've any furher observation...I've mid May order with Nov 4-24 ETA, MSLR/Red/Black/19/FSD. enjoy the new car.
I had home delivery so no to all of those.
The car was dropped off by a tesla employee.
The car was just waiting there for me and I unlocked it with the app.

you might be able to pay with check if you pick up at service center.

Well during our convo a VIN appeared. Finally! but it says Sept 28-30th. 5YJSA1E65MF4xxxxx

Looks like they've cleared the last of order config types holding delivery off then; we're seeing white int/CF/19" early orders all being delivered Q3 (hopefully). I was not a Plaid+ original order for clarity, but looks like 3 converted Plaid+ folks here with similar configs just got theirs first too. I'll probably add to my Tesla stock holding Monday then. It's a good sign.
Yeah there are only a few of us left but that’s ok. We will get there.

you might be able to pay with check if you pick up at service center

you might be able to pay with check if you pick up at service cente
ok thanks for the quick response.

Did they tell you by when you'll be getting those mising parts?
Did they give you a written note about the missing items?
Did they allow you to inspect before paper work?
If yes, how much approx time they give you for the inspection?
For pre-paper work inspection do they allow you to inspect interior or only exterior?
Do they allow you to test drive during pre-paper work inspection?
I am planning to pay cash, do you know whether they accept personal or cashier check? Sorry for so many questions, keep us posted if you've any furher observation...I've mid May order with Nov 4-24 ETA, MSLR/Red/Black/19/FSD. enjoy the new car.
I’m missing everything from all mats to trunk shelf, trunk covers and plate holder. They said it’s noted and they’ll be shipped to my house. Others have mentioned having to go to the SC to pick them up. I’ll keep submitting service appointments periodically until I get them. Have winter rubber in the front and back for now.
No and the comment was we don’t put things like that in writing. That was a few days later when I called and got some random rep.
You can take a reasonable amount of time to inspect hassle free. Interior and exterior. They aren’t going to let you test drive it. You have a day to log into the app and make a service appointment for anything needing fixing. I’m sure you have a few days but use the 24 hour rule to set an appointment up. Once set up, you can keep updating it if you find more. Highly recommend setting an appointment up the next day. You can add to it or cancel. If it’s super busy and you’re going on like an hour of inspection which could be kind of annoying, they may nudge you to finish up. They pride themselves on 5-10 minute turnarounds for many folks paralyzed by the new car. Just be aware they do their pre inspection now, miss things but also some reps dig in on what’s “to spec” or not on things like gaps. Just deal with it after through the service appointment and those people. You’re not going to not accept delivery 1) because you won’t find anything that bad and anything you do they’re going to fix and 2) you just wont because they’ll shrug, your car will be taken by someone else that day, you’ll lose your deposit and you’re back to the end of the line. So do a cursory full car go over, have them note any major issues, discuss leaving it or making an appointment, and do a forensic go over when you’re home.
There is no paperwork. You hand them your cashiers check. Your documents are online under your account/manage your car. Where they are for you now. I heard some will accept (maybe all?) personal checks. Cashier is just as easy, better for everyone, and takes 5 minutes in the bank. They hand you a temporary registration. That’s the extent of “paperwork“.
If you have questions they’ll answer. Just know no matter how many forums you belong to or how many videos you’ve watched or how many times you’ve read the manual, that day it all goes out the window other than the basic intuitive stuff. You’ll be a little overwhelmed. Take it to a parking lot somewhere close and mess around with setting up your app and phone. Profile settings. Mess around with the theater and music stuff. Change out the hard drive if you bought a different one. Format it. Etc etc. Also know you’ll think this or that isn’t working and almost every time it’s because you forgot something you thought you knew like a button on or off or the way something works where you missed one little key point. After a few days or a week it all start falling into place. You’ll watch a video again and catch what you missed. Or the manual or someone here will school you up with an aha moment answer. Good luck.

Last edited:
Any of you guys who have accepted delivery of Plaid/LR and also have a model 3/Y or a Raven model S, can you please comment on the comfort level of the seats? Are the seats as plush as the Raven Model S or a 2020 Model 3/Y?
I had a pre-refresh 2021 MS LR+ and find the seats in my Plaid to be much more comfortable. They do seem more plush.

I had a pre-refresh 2021 MS LR+ and find the seats in my Plaid to be much more comfortable. They do seem more plush.
Same here, also had a 2021 LR and find the new seats way better. I’m a pretty skinny dude at 5’10” and 162 lbs and always thought the pre-refresh seats were kind of narrow or tight. The refresh seats are WAY better in my opinion.

Any of you guys who have accepted delivery of Plaid/LR and also have a model 3/Y or a Raven model S, can you please comment on the comfort level of the seats? Are the seats as plush as the Raven Model S or a 2020 Model 3/Y?
I do have a Y as well and I find the Plaid seats to be better. But I also find the Y seats to be better than the pre-refresh S seats.

Hmm something must be up with mine because I picked mine up today. Had a long day driving it about 300 miles. I could immediately tell the seats were stiffer then the marshmallows in my 2020 raven. My gf said the same thing after an hour of sitting on the passenger seat. She said it was hurting her lower back and tail bone. We adjusted the lumbar support which helped but did not resolve the issue. Rear seat passengers did not complain of the issue at all. Afterwards I went and sat in my raven S and again the difference was obvious. Makes me worried that I have not heard anybody on the forum have this experience. I'll be posting a bit of a detail on my pick up and my view of the car.
After spending multiple hours driving it, my gf said she loved several features of the car but overall prefers my older car. Sucks to hear this. I love the car but man these seats are not promising at all

Hmm something must be up with mine because I picked mine up today. Had a long day driving it about 300 miles. I could immediately tell the seats were stiffer then the marshmallows in my 2020 raven. My gf said the same thing after an hour of sitting on the passenger seat. She said it was hurting her lower back and tail bone. We adjusted the lumbar support which helped but did not resolve the issue. Rear seat passengers did not complain of the issue at all. Afterwards I went and sat in my raven S and again the difference was obvious. Makes me worried that I have not heard anybody on the forum have this experience. I'll be posting a bit of a detail on my pick up and my view of the car.
After spending multiple hours driving it, my gf said she loved several features of the car but overall prefers my older car. Sucks to hear this. I love the car but man these seats are not promising at all
WTH YOU PICKED UP A WHITE INTERIOR PLAID?!???!?

ok thanks for the quick response.
Quick note on the check. I don't think you meant personal check but in case you did, I don't believe service centers will take them. I asked my SA in the mall where I bought it and she told me that they only take cashier's checks and won't accept a personal check. I also read on this forum that some people had problems using personal checks to pay for their refresh Model S cars and ended up having to link to their bank accounts to pay.

YMMV and I am planning on getting a cashier's check on my way to pick up my car Wednesday. I want to avoid any potential distractions and just focus on my inspection. :p

Good Luck!

Hm. I suppose even Tesla does it?
I dont think they’ll mount tires on aftermarket wheels . Things to watch out for

1. those new forged wheels may come with a knurled lip to avoid the tire slipping at high torque. Ask the shop to mount the tire dry and not with that god awful grease they sometimes use. Not all shops will know that.

2. when they put the new rim on the tire mounting machine, Tell them to not scratch up the wheel insides when they clamp it on. Good tire shops will have padding on the rim mount machine

That’s why Butler Tire