Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope you’re correct, except Elon himself said and claimed “nobody really needs to have an EV > 400mi range.” Guessing he may do a u-turn on that ridiculous statement at some point, especially after Lucid begins delivering cars with > 500mi max battery range very soon. 😜
Yeah that was a huge pile of crap lol tbh, offered as an explanation for the Osborne Effect that Tesla kinda brought on itself by the making the Plus so good w/ limited battery supply. I think Tesla will have many many EVs with super high range, and just one reason alone is how competitive Elon is with other companies, especially ones where the chief engineer of the MS is involved.

I don't believe that the MS is actually as inefficient as Lucid may think. There have been multiple people saying there is at least 10-15% range increases coming soon. Someone on Reddit even uncovered something in the code called an "efficiency package." In April and May, there were reports that Tesla was achieving nearly 500 miles of range out of the LR at highway speeds. So it's possible that the LR has another 40 to 60 miles in it, with just the current 18650s and a 100 kWh pack. If they went to 112 kWh like Lucid, they would match them no problem. So I think this battle will be quite interesting, and I'm wondering what will be the car that makes Tesla push that update? EQS, EQE, or Air? Either which way, I strongly believe it's in the books.😁

Jaguar I-Pace HSE EV, Nissan GT-R, Porsche Macan Turbo, MB AMG…to name a few of my last vehicles, and my wife is still driving her LR RR Velar while we wait for her Rivian R1S to arrive (hopefully some time in 2022). 😉👍🏻😎. I think you’re a bit off on the Lucid Air but I get your point.

Would like to add my POV on the Lucid Air, as I had a chance to see it in Beverly Hills last weekend.

Completely underwhelming. They said it was a newer hand built prototype but that mostly reflective of final design. The materials aren't that nice and in fact, thought the door panel materials were mostly hard to the touch. The screens looked even dumber and more useless in person. I'd also like to mention that the car was coming a part in several places including the seat components. After leaving the showroom there's no chance I'd buy one of those. Not impressed at all.

My last four vehicles have been Chevy Tahoes. I love them. They are spacious and comfortable. If Chevy made an electric Tahoe with a 400 mile range and a great charging network I’d be all over it.
I think you should keep an eye on Rivian for their max battery in late 2022 or 2023…both will be offered in their R1T and R1S I believe for > 400mi range. The current large battery in the Rivian truck & SUV are 314-316mi max battery range. Still decent if accurate.

Would like to add my POV on the Lucid Air, as I had a chance to see it in Beverly Hills last weekend.

Completely underwhelming. They said it was a newer hand built prototype but that mostly reflective of final design. The materials aren't that nice and in fact, thought the door panel materials were mostly hard to the touch. The screens looked even dumber and more useless in person. I'd also like to mention that the car was coming a part in several places including the seat components. After leaving the showroom there's no chance I'd buy one of those. Not impressed at all.
Reviews of the production models during the production preview week seemed really positive on build quality. Most likely, the car you experienced was truly a prototype, and far different. I hope so, or that would suck for them. I doubt it though.🙂

Reviews of the production models during the production preview week seemed really positive on build quality. Most likely, the car you experienced was truly a prototype, and far different. I hope so, or that would suck for them. I doubt it though.🙂

I mean if this is what they put in the showrooms to show customers. Lol. It looked shitty and I think it's one thing to use leather seats, another to use weird almost hard plastics on the other surfaces. Plus it looks like my rich grand daddy's car as I always said. My girl said "eww", asked me in front of the Lucid people when we are getting the model s and then walked out lol.

I mean if this is what they put in the showrooms to show customers. Lol. It looked shitty and I think it's one thing to use leather seats, another to use weird almost hard plastics on the other surfaces. Plus it looks like my rich grand daddy's car as I always said. My girl said "eww", asked me in front of the Lucid people when we are getting the model s and then walked out lol.
Ok no offense but your girl is a savage lol. Goddamn!🤣
I think for real that this is all they have. The newest models are in fact still at the factory I think. They should hopefully begin placing those newest ones in the showrooms too.

Ok no offense but your girl is a savage lol. Goddamn!🤣
I think for real that this is all they have. The newest models are in fact still at the factory I think. They should hopefully begin placing those newest ones in the showrooms too.

To her credit, she already told me she didn't want to go look at it and I made her. Also, not sure she necessarily meant for them to hear it but I'm quite confident they did.

But, I can now say, I've seen inside and touched the insides of both the new Model s and lucid air. Hands down the model s is better. The material may not be leather, but it is softer.

To her credit, she already told me she didn't want to go look at it and I made her. Also, not sure she necessarily meant for them to hear it but I'm quite confident they did.

But, I can now say, I've seen inside and touched the insides of both the new Model s and lucid air. Hands down the model s is better. The material may not be leather, but it is softer.
Well that is a really good thing for the Model S, as I really love that interior, and I have experienced it in person as well, but sad for Lucid if it ships this way. I hope it doesn't. Otherwise they may be doing a Tesla in the early years, where your 169k goes primarily to the powertrain. I'm hoping they open a studio local to me eventually so I can go check it out and see how it compares to the MS.

Reactions: Phlier and impastu
Tesla killed the excitement of buying model S LR, EDD changes already 8 times then went blank and now again December. Its a nice car but whats the point of buying it when tesla makes you feel like that you are POS and have no other choice then waiting and checking updates everyday. No-one knows when they will deliver . Sales advisor read you the same thing that you can read in your account.
I don’t understand. You feel like you have no other choice? What a horrible way to live. I’m so sorry.

Tesla killed the excitement of buying model S LR, EDD changes already 8 times then went blank and now again December. Its a nice car but whats the point of buying it when tesla makes you feel like that you are POS and have no other choice then waiting and checking updates everyday. No-one knows when they will deliver . Sales advisor read you the same thing that you can read in your account.
Don’t understand your point of view you ordered middle of July and Tesla gave you EDD December. Do you expect to get the car before others who placed orders last year?

I understand that some got lucky because of EOQ push and location but we should be reasonable.

36412301-D048-4C97-8070-B3140C89223E.jpeg

Took delivery a week ago, and while the car is great, the pickup/service experience was sub par:

1. Barely half a charge (confirmed by Tesla that they don’t guarantee delivery fully charged)
2. No trunk covers (main, left side, foldable visor) - I didn’t know when I took delivery that they were missing (you don’t know what’s not there) - only from looking at YouTube videos from others who had covers
3. Getting the next available service time is 3 weeks away, and I’m in the DC area (not rural)

Frustrating, but the car itself is pretty great

Took delivery a week ago, and while the car is great, the pickup/service experience was sub par:

1. Barely half a charge (confirmed by Tesla that they don’t guarantee delivery fully charged)
2. No trunk covers (main, left side, foldable visor) - I didn’t know when I took delivery that they were missing (you don’t know what’s not there) - only from looking at YouTube videos from others who had covers
3. Getting the next available service time is 3 weeks away, and I’m in the DC area (not rural)

You'll be taken care of re: the missing pieces. EOQ rush.

I think Lucid will be a great option in the EV market.
However, am I alone that thinks they missed the target with the design? It looks like an old people’s car. Colors are boring imho (not that Tesla is much better but at least the red has some pop). That silver top that you can’t get rid off of?

The way the Lucid mob jumped on me for saying that on Twitter makes me think they all feel quite insecure themselves. With the costs involved for changing the looks, I think Lucid as a new company, is stuck with that design for many years. If it looks boring and old now, imagine in 10 years!?

Got all my missing delivery items today, trunk pieces, and rear license plate frame. Pleasantly surprised to see new Tesla OEM plate frame is now black. View attachment 716834
When did you take delivery and when / how did you get everything? I took delivery in Decatur GA 9/4/21 and haven't heard a word about all of my missing parts.

I want my car already, but there’s a benefit of being less of a beta tester between software updates and at least some reported improvements in fit and finish. I hope.
Once you get your car, you will still be a beta tester for new features. It is not like the software updates stop once you take delivery.

If that's all you have to report then I'd say you're in damn good shape. But why do you need mobile service? To deliver the missing parts?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I think Lucid will be a great option in the EV market.
However, am I alone that thinks they missed the target with the design? It looks like an old people’s car. Colors are boring imho (not that Tesla is much better but at least the red has some pop). That silver top that you can’t get rid off of?

The way the Lucid mob jumped on me for saying that on Twitter makes me think they all feel quite insecure themselves. With the costs involved for changing the looks, I think Lucid as a new company, is stuck with that design for many years. If it looks boring and old now, imagine in 10 years!?
There are two Lucid showrooms near me. I finally went in one the other day. I also just went to their website and watched their demo videos. It is an amazing vehicle, though I must agree with you. It looks like a slightly cleaned up version of an old-style Lexus sedan. Totally bleh. When I see one of those boring Lexus’ , I know not to drive behind one, as the person driving it is probably pushing 80 (or much higher).

I have an off topic question. We’ll, maybe it’s on topic because most of this thread is off topic.

I’m going to Gulf Shores from Little Rock in a couple of weeks for a week on the beach. The Tesla trip planner routes me to the Monroe, La. supercharger which is about 175 miles from Little Rock but is about 40 miles out of the way. On the direct route there is a supercharger in Jackson, MS about 275 miles from Little Rock. Can I make it to Jackson on a full charge?

I’ve checked the threads on range and I can’t find a definitive answer.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, as I haven't read to the end of the thread yet, but...

Have you run this through abetterrouteplanner.com, by chance? It's a really good EV trip planning tool. Should check it out if you haven't yet.