Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this applies if you have been assigned a VIN.
I had a VIN, and the SA still allowed me to delay.

I had them put 12/15/2021 in the "Don't VIN match until this date" field.

Sure would be nice if we could fill out that field ourselves without trying to get in touch with an SA to do it for us.

And yes, I did mention this to the SA. I think he had gone back to playing Tetris by then.

I ordered when I did because it was going to be a Jan-Feb delivery time frame. Then they marched it all the way back to the end of Sept. Got a VIN and everything. Couldn't get anyone on the phone, so I drove 130 miles to the nearest Tesla store to talk to an SA.

They said no on they keycard too. I assume the key is the same on the 2020 S as well. Could they not just pair it with any key. Pair my phone and then re-pair the key?
So there is definitely key cards AND key fobs. I would see if they are waiting on all four, you get two of each. I guess they technically could pair, pair your phone, unpair the fob, but it gets messy I imagine. Or if they have two fobs for another delivery, they could split them from another delivery and deliver you one and another customer one and then split the future delivery of fobs between you two as well. Think outside the box.

Again, what a mess man.

I was expecting to get my car in December, but I received a VIN this morning and they want me to pick it up next week. However it’s an older VIN, MF430XXX. I ordered in July. I’m not sure that I want a reject or a car that’s a few months old. My EDD is next week M-F. Is 430 a May build? My RN1152 is from July. Do I pass or try to see it this weekend?
I'd at least go look at it. And I think I'd insist on a test drive to check for the 45mph vibration issue. If they balk, then just refuse the car. They'll probably allow the test drive at that point.

You can always turn it down.

I assume small changes, like hopefully, adjusting the fixtures that install the rear interior door panels.
About that point specifically... the pop fastener has a discreet location in the door panel to snap into, the door has a corresponding hole that it fits into. There is no fixture that can change or align that differently...

Uhh, ok. Well I just got an email saying it was delivered, and I go outside and it's parked on the road. WTF? Do they not even knock? They just leave it at your door and drive off? What if there are issues and you don't want to accept delivery?

That's not supply chain issues or other excuses, just rude and unprofessional IMO.

You have 24 hrs to note defects, you probably cannot reject the car if you have prepaid.

Sending positive energy your way and thoughts of a flawless interior and no gaps...

His account now shows "Active User" instead of "Banned," so he could rejoin us if he wants. But his last activity date corresponds with the last bomb he dropped (October 6), so I think he's done with us losers.

It is a shame to see such a happy face go... But I do enjoy my Tesla Model S Long Range Blue/Black with 21" OEM wheels.

I do understand his position - I am done with us losers and I am one of us. :D

PSA: NEMA 14-50 adapter is back in stock., just ordered.
4 miles per hour on 110 is ok for overnight charging, provided you don't go more than 50 miles per day. Looking forward to 20 miles per hour.
BTW, Tesla did the Apple thing by changing the adapters. Now I have a collection of old type connectors, about half a dozen that I don't have any more use for them. I will give them away if anyone is interested. Such a waste.