Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is DCU good company to finance with?
Do they send you the check directly and let you fill in the amount up to a maximum (penfed does this)?
How long was the process?

Any advice/feedback is appreciated.
I just opened an account with DCU to test their rate. I think they're a bit more competitive than NFCU based on the experience of others here.

Can anyone confirm how the EZ Pass works in the new MS? I've seen stuff online about them not working correctly (due to the contents of the windshield?).

I'm kind of surprised the function isn't just built into the car (or if it is, enlighten me!).
Lower right corner is where you need to place the EZ pass.

Can anyone confirm how the EZ Pass works in the new MS? I've seen stuff online about them not working correctly (due to the contents of the windshield?).

I'm kind of surprised the function isn't just built into the car (or if it is, enlighten me!).
I use a Metro pass everyday. i put the transmitter just to the right of my rear view mirror. No issues so far and I can hear it beep at the appropriate spots when I’m in the Express lane.

I think a few others in here have had the same experience. Tesla says to mount it in the lower right area of the windshield, but I don’t really like it there and it’s been working fine next to the mirror.

I just opened an account with DCU to test their rate. I think they're a bit more competitive than NFCU based on the experience of others here.
I applied to DCU as well. They only offered an $85k loan, I'm trying to get them to increase that some.

For anyone that took delivery recently, do you have a rough idea when my car was built? VIN 452XXX

I applied to DCU as well. They only offered an $85k loan, I'm trying to get them to increase that some.

For anyone that took delivery recently, do you have a rough idea when my car was built? VIN 452XXX
You need to ping your SA to get the build date.. but 452 is very recent.

What rate did you get from DCU and how many months?

Tell me an option that doesn't transfer to a new owner when you sell any car. Maybe you're lucky and get to keep some floor mats or something, but FSD is an option and does transfer to the new owner. As well, it does add value when that transfer happens. I know this for a fact because I did it with a 2021 pre-refesh S. It had FSD, I sold it to a wholesaler that was freaking out because he thought it wouldn't transfer. It did. That adds value to the car. I sold that car for MORE than I paid for it, so there was no loss associated with FSD. The exception being if Tesla re-aquires the car and removes FSD. Even then, the trade-in price that's agreed to by the seller should reflect some of the FSD cost.

I don't see it as a fundamental problem and I really cannot understand how anyone would think that buying FSD once would somehow entitle one to have it into perpetuity.

Now a value argument is a completely different argument and FSD I believe to certainly be debatable on that account.

Sure it has some value, but does it have 10K value when re-selling the car? Everyone who wants FSD needs to keep buying it over and over again with prices just to keep going up. This model is great for TESLA but its crappy for consumers. Even TELSA won't prorate FSD price during a trade in.

Sure it has some value, but does it have 10K value when re-selling the car? Everyone who wants FSD needs to keep buying it over and over again with prices just to keep going up. This model is great for TESLA but its crappy for consumers. Even TELSA won't prorate FSD price during a trade in.
I think it's absolutely wrong that Tesla sells you software that is hardware restricted. FSD should be a license that I can transfer to my next Tesla. The worst horror story I have heard is having your Tesla totaled, and then having to buy FSD again to replace your vehicle. You end up paying $20k for one FSD service.

If and when FSD becomes something I buy, that can be activated in any Tesla I am driving, I will consider the purchase.

I paid $8k for FSD at the time, including tax on the $200 subscription cost, that would equal 37.5 months of subscription fees. I normally keep cars for 3-5 years, so it was a no-brainer for me to buy it outright. at 10k, it's a tougher sell. Of course you always have the risk of total loss of investment if your car is totaled, but you also will get something back for it when you sell, which is solely determined on how much Tesla delivers on their promises (hahahaha).

Riding in a friends' car with FSD beta, it's looking pretty good for an L3 end-to-end solution within the next few years at the very least. That said, my wife's Y is only getting it if we take that car on a road trip somewhere, then shutting it off the next month.

@AnselmDante Hey, just wanted to say that I'm sorry if I spoke out of turn... I didn't realize it was that bad.

How your post ended up where it did is a bit of a head scratcher. You weren't insulting, you were informative.

Anyway, I hope we're good. I shouldn't talk without doing a bit of listening first.... something my wife has been trying to get me to do for years! :)

The thought process that FSD or any other software feature of Tesla cars should be owned by the buyer and not tied to a car and be made transferable to another car bought later by the buyer is simply wrong. I cant think of any other similar machinery (medical lasers for me) where this would be true. Even the very idea of Tesla updating older cars with new features is quite novel in the industry. A welcome phenomenon indeed.

In my case, yes, it did hold the $10k value. But, understandably, we are living in a unique car market at the moment.

But again, what option do you retain 100% of the cost in a normal vehicle market? Yes, you have to buy it again and again if you want it. And you can sell it again and again when you sell the car. Or get the subscription and navigate FSD that way. But for the subscription ads no resale value to the vehicle whatsoever.

Of course Tesla won't prorate FSD when it was purchased. That's what the subscription addresses. Purchasing FSD raises the value the vehicle on the used car market, so you recover some of the initial investment. The people that think the subscription is such a better deal because it takes 4+ years to amortize the cost of the FSD purchase are not factoring in that the resale value of the vehicle is directly impacted by having paid FSD or not. Again, trading to Tesla corp is its own thing, I do not know if they increase the value of a vehicle due to paid FSD. I'll probably never know because Tesla trade in values across the board have been too low on any vehicle (non-Tesla or Tesla) I've submitted to them.

It's so odd to me that so many people think that FSD should be tethered to an individual, for the life of me I can't understand how that would make any sense whatsoever.

It's so odd to me that so many people think that FSD should be tethered to an individual, for the life of me I can't understand how that would make any sense whatsoever.
I think the logic is that it is a software package (since you guy the hardware as part of the car). With most software (windows, adobe, etc) you move it to the newer hardware as your upgrade. I think it is especially painful on the Tesla FSD side because although many bought it, it is not functional net. Maybe they should move it forward to new cars until it is done or something... I dont know.

And the math that some use in comparing the subscription to the $10k cost also has a flaw in it. If you pay $10k you own FSD... if you subscribe the rate may change at anytime... especially if FSD advances...

Reactions: Sigma4Life
@AnselmDante Hey, just wanted to say that I'm sorry if I spoke out of turn... I didn't realize it was that bad.

How your post ended up where it did is a bit of a head scratcher. You weren't insulting, you were informative.

Anyway, I hope we're good. I shouldn't talk without doing a bit of listening first.... something my wife has been trying to get me to do for years! :)
We're good. My post was not a rebuke of you. I just wanted to remind people who he is and what he is does. It ends up in the snippiness folder if people complain about the post. I figured it would end up there. This post will probably end up there as well for acknowledging the first post. 😛

We're good. My post was not a rebuke of you. I just wanted to remind people who he is and what he is does. It ends up in the snippiness folder if people complain about the post. I figured it would end up there. This post will probably end up there as well for acknowledging the first post. 😛

Whether necessary or not, your first post was an accurate assessment of his behavior.