Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For you here it is 😎

Thanks again! From what I could tell in the video, they seem to be going full speed ahead - the delivery lot was pretty full, and it looked like they were building with a vengeance. the giga press was pressing, and there was a lot going on at 7 a.m.
it was a different angle on the dusty 452 lot, so I couldn't tell if the 2 tell tale white S's were in their usual spot (I thought I saw them near the very end) or if it was in fact cleared out.
There seemed to be an awful lot of dark cars, but I think they may have also produced a lot more dark cars in the early days.
It seemed to have less dust - but maybe that just means it had rained recently.
I still dont' know why they were stuck there in the first place, and a question arises as to whether they could have been cannibalized into actual new cars - I don't thik they'd be considered used or refurbished if parts were taken out of these old new cars, and put into new new cars.
okay, done with the musings!

Thanks again! From what I could tell in the video, they seem to be going full speed ahead - the delivery lot was pretty full, and it looked like they were building with a vengeance. the giga press was pressing, and there was a lot going on at 7 a.m.
it was a different angle on the dusty 452 lot, so I couldn't tell if the 2 tell tale white S's were in their usual spot (I thought I saw them near the very end) or if it was in fact cleared out.
There seemed to be an awful lot of dark cars, but I think they may have also produced a lot more dark cars in the early days.
I still dont' know why they were stuck there in the first place, and a question arises as to whether they could have been cannibalized into actual new cars - I don't thik they'd be considered used or refurbished if parts were taken out of these old new cars, and put into new new cars.
okay, done with the musings!
I don't focus on the stuff in the video; just the music man. JAMMIN'!:
giphy.gif

JK obv. Great to see production moving along nicely!

It poured in Cali on Monday or Tuesday. So a Wednesday morning showing them with a Mother Nature washing is not unheard of.

Until I can be proven otherwise, my opinion is:
1. Parts
2. Demos

I have not seen enough 430 VINs to say they are moving into sales. And we have seen more 452 and 453 VINs that the 400+ vehicles should have been littered between some of those 452 and 453 VINs. My opinion.

Last edited:
So I think I may have underpriced my old S that sold this past week (not to worry, my new S is coming in 2 weeks… actual 2 weeks). It sold in 18 hours at my asking price!

I’m asking this to make myself feel better - What would you pay for a 2015 dual motor S with 80k miles and all the upgrades possible and in spectacular condition?
I sold my 2015 MS85D with only 16,900 miles with AP1 and MCU2 upgrade and all the upgrades for $53k. I definetly feel that I should have asked for more. The new owners just got back from 8000 mile trip with high praise for car.

Anyone have photos of a blue / cream S they can share? I got frustrated and started looking at other cars; need to remind myself I actually like this one more than a Porsche for more than “saving the planet” reasons (and my dislike for Elon and TSLA should equally be forgotten).
You are not the only one... I keep configuring this over and over again. I really want a 2022 Tesla Model S with Matrix LED headlights
Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 8.43.41 PM.png