Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no chance in a cold day in hell with a blue moon that I'd even consider taking that VIN. You're just delaying getting a second, better VIN. :)
IDK....if it was an early order, you could probably sell it if you had too, and not loose much, even after taxes and fees.

Now if it had wood (trim), that would be a feature over the newer plaid cars.

What's wrong with May VINs? Are you thinking it was rejected by someone else?

Well I'm just thinking why it would be available 6 months later given the number of people waiting for a car and given what we know about the rejects lot. Everyone else is getting a brand new VIN and they are trying to trick this guy.

I’m still set to pick up my MS on Friday. I cannot decide on whether to take it. It’s old stock—a May 🪰 build. Should I ask for Spooktacular Savings? 😀 $2,000 off? Two shares of TSLA? Free oil changes for life?
Are you picking up in Eatonville? I’d be happy to meet you there, have another set of eyes if you will.

That feeling when you see your EDD get pushed back by another month… 🥲🥲🥲

Purchased the MS LR 7/10/2021 and set up the rest of the car order, got it approved 8/9/2021.

My EDD originally went from:
• Sept-Oct
• Nov 7-27
• Dec 7-27
• Blank
• Late December - Early January
• Jan 8-Feb 5

Now it’s Feb 2-Mar 2. I want to jump off a cliff.
Thelma and Louise style would make more of a statement. 😉

Apparently I have been placed in probation, but have not been told specifically why, for how long, or what rules I have violated.
Wow. I was just joking.

Heads up looks like Cars from the Overflow Lot are now shipping to customers.

1635358548239.png

Hi all,
1. My neighbor recently ordered an MSM Plaid. And got a friggin VIN and delivery date for November 6 - 12 - I think he only ordered a week ago, I don't have clear dates, but damn!
2. I never got a solid answer or thought to this, so help please. I want a 2022 all things being equal, I'm presently slated for 12/3-12/31. If I had to wait a month, maybe okay, but if I had to wait 4 months, well, not that exciting.
I've seen the white interior really getting pushed back. Even new Plaid orders - you can get them in December, or April for the white interior, and I think it's even worse with the LR.
Therefore, I think the shortages are going to get worse, etc. and my idea of "skip this VIN, get the next" may be a really bad move. I would like my perceived increase in value on a resale of a 2022 versus a 2021, but not sure how big a deal that will be. Alternatively, if I lease, it will be irrelevant.
I also think the chip shortages, supply issues, etc. will be long gone in 3 years (I hope) and with 4680 cells, etc. the 2021 or even 2022 LR may not be as desirable as it is today.
I do have the car locked in at the $15k lower price so I could almost take it and flip it, but I want this thing for 3 years. and not a second out of warranty, so at most 4 years unless i buy extended.
So bottom line questions, please:
1) does it pay to buy versus lease - i like leasing, but don't trust when my next Tesla would be available in 3 years - would the EDD be accurate or not?
2) does the 2022 versus 2021 make a BIG difference on a resale 3 or 4 years from now
3) if i skip my December targeted delivery might I be looking at a month, or many months?
thanks for any thoughts!!!!

View attachment 726392
Wait, where are those 2 white ones i've been using as landmarks all these months?????
I'm guessing these needed a specific microcontroller or "something" that kept them from being shipped out sooner. they also seemed to have the wrong wheels, but that may have just been temp or even model 3 wheels just to get them out of the factory.
Based on deliveries early on, I'd expect the rear door panel to be misaligned, and some of the other trim fit issues that seem to be ironed out. I wonder what is different about those earlier ones? Or maybe they're being sent internationally?

View attachment 726392

Wait, where are those 2 white ones i've been using as landmarks all these months?????
I'm guessing these needed a specific microcontroller or "something" that kept them from being shipped out sooner. they also seemed to have the wrong wheels, but that may have just been temp or even model 3 wheels just to get them out of the factory.
Based on deliveries early on, I'd expect the rear door panel to be misaligned, and some of the other trim fit issues that seem to be ironed out. I wonder what is different about those earlier ones? Or maybe they're being sent internationally?

Beware of the may build date folks

Hmm, my emoji button is gone. Thoughts?

Apparently I have been placed in probation, but have not been told specifically why, for how long, or what rules I have violated.

Are we surprised?

And to keep on topic - my delivery date was June 29th.

ETA: Just checking to see if mine still work... 👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️

Last edited: