Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone here, thank you so much for all of the posts helping those still waiting, like me. After watching EDD to get pushed forward as soon as I would get close to it, stopped looking at the account not to get disappointed again. Got a text alert for VIN and..

I got VIN assigned today:)

RN1150

Model S White/Black | 19 | FSD

EDD in two weeks (NJ).

Wishing all of you the best!
Geez, every now and then there's someone like you that spoils this great thread with these on-topic posts. What-freaking-ever.

Kidding of course, congrats on your soon to be new car!

It's here! All in all pretty good. The frunk doesn't seem to open correctly 100% of the time, we have a slight yoke worm (idc), and there *might* be a little bit of a wind noise at speed (trying again here in a bit to see).

Image from iOS.jpg

Yeah I know some people are into *interesting* things, but explosion? That's a new level.
HEYYYY! @AnselmDante, there's an idea to what type of audience and content your currently empty youtube channel can cater to! Subscribers will flood in!🤣🤣😃
Brings the phrase, “La petite mortto a whole new level. I’d translate that phrase, but don’t want to get @AnselmDante ‘d . I don’t deal with rejection well.

Born on date for mine is 11/08/21 MF455 woot! Earliest currently for pickup is 11/29. Almost here woot woot.

Congrats. So 11/1 is not the beginning of 2022 MY?
Well, that's the proof we were looking for. Or, shall I say, the proof we were hoping not to see. Interesting that MY's changed over to 2022, but MS's did not. One could assume that is because the MS is essentially brand new as of just a few months ago.

Hi Everyone here, thank you so much for all of the posts helping those still waiting, like me. After watching EDD to get pushed forward as soon as I would get close to it, stopped looking at the account not to get disappointed again. Got a text alert for VIN and..

I got VIN assigned today:)

RN1150

Model S White/Black | 19 | FSD

EDD in two weeks (NJ).

Wishing all of you the best!
enjoy - same RN and config (less FSD) but now Utah delivery so probably closer to quarter end. Still blank for me as it has been for months.

I read through the piece a couple of times and did not find anything on braking. Did you mean Breaks? Reference(s)?

I'm particularly curious given how poorly the Plaid brakes.

EDD still 22-6 and no ViN :(
Hmm they have changed the article since I read it this morning. Earlier there was a chart comparing Rivian against the TRX, Ridgeline, & a dodge 2500 lol. In that chart it listed the 60-0 braking time at an astounding ~110 feet +/-2. Now thats gone and they have a 60-0 test at 126 feet in the extended specs chart, which is good for a midsize pickup but not astounding. The whole article changed though earlier it was all about skid pad numbers and how Rivian missed their quoted 0-60 time but who cared.

Hmm they have changed the article since I read it this morning. Earlier there was a chart comparing to Ian against the TRX, Ridgeline, & a dodge 2500 lol. In that chart it listed the 60-0 braking time at an astounding ~110 feet +/-2. Now thats gone and they have say 60-0 as test 126 feet in the extended specs chart, which is good for a midsize pickup but not astounding. The whole article changed though earlier it was all about skid pad numbers and how Rivian missed their quoted 0-60 time but who cared.
Yeah @lolachampcar here is that 117 ft:

Reactions: impastu and Pdubs
Hmm they have changed the article since I read it this morning. Earlier there was a chart comparing Rivian against the TRX, Ridgeline, & a dodge 2500 lol. In that chart it listed the 60-0 braking time at an astounding ~110 feet +/-2. Now thats gone and they have a 60-0 test at 126 feet in the extended specs chart, which is good for a midsize pickup but not astounding. The whole article changed though earlier it was all about skid pad numbers and how Rivian missed their quoted 0-60 time but who cared.
The Plaid brakes seem a tad less capable than my P90D in stopping distance but I suspect it is still under 126 feet (by a country mile).

The Plaid is a tad bit longer than my P90DL but is by no means not capable.

"
  • Interestingly, on regular asphalt, the car needs 104 feet and 2.38 seconds to stop from 60 mph, averaging 1.16 g in the opposite direction. We don't dive into detail like this often, but this might be another first: a car that accelerates from 0-60 mph in a shorter time and distance than it achieves 60-0 mph."

I wonder what the deal is with clusters of model s? Thinking maybe some parts arrived from overseas and they are getting these puppies out before EOY total domination with the model Y and stuff.

Congrats @doubleshot, now keep your downvotes to yourself!!
nah it'll continue tomorrow. haha. day of downvoting reprieve today lol. and thanks!

HOLY ****!!!! 19" Model S and X Dual Motors are out to March 2023!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is likely not really due to shortages, but to high demand. But not demand in the number of orders I think. Tesla may be putting these dates on the site in order to deter more orders, not necessarily as an indication of current orders.

Last edited:
What was your impression of Taycan vs. Plaid?
Taycam is a REALLY good looking car. I think more refined looking inside, but Guage cluster looked flat, versus my Benz which looks 3d. Taycan can charge from either side. and look at those wheels, the rims were as I understand an $8k option. Hard to compare acceleration, we know Plaid is quicker but even the MYP is no slouch. The plaid has better specs and is larger and bulkier. But the Taycan is a f’ing Porsche. Given the choice, I’d likely get the Plaid. I’m pining for my MS and still considering a Plaid; the Porsche was never and is not on that list. I do think the Porsche is more eye candy than the MS. It’s also closer to the ground, which as I get older and fatter, we’ll, not desirable for me.
the owner wants his wife to park the Porsche in the bad weather and drive his MYP which tells me he feels the Plaid is more of an everyday car, and the Porsche possibly less capable in the snow.
both will have 2 sets of car seats for the little ones.

Attachments

• 43F1A1D8-E1CA-4133-81AE-34A67E22CB1F.jpeg
    43F1A1D8-E1CA-4133-81AE-34A67E22CB1F.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 49