Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
why do my headlights not turn on automatically when it’s raining. is it supposed to do that?
I believe with the appropriate setting by the driver (profile dependent) headlight will come on if its sufficiently dark for them to. Otherwise with your daylight running lights other drivers will see you just fine in the rain.

I was thinking about this and came to the conclusion, if I was a driver who went 200mph, I’d know the equipment needed to do it and not rely on adverts for the info. Very similar to any piece of machinery be it a plane, glider, boat or car. For somebody to think they could drive 200mph based on an instruction manual is the epitome of complacency.

I read @lolachampcar posts and see so much knowledge and insight. He’s a driver who, with all his knowledge, wouldn’t take a 5000lb car to 200mph, regardless of the breaks. I may be totally off base with this kind set, but if I wanted to do that, it’d be in the air.

All that useless opinion shared, if I had pulled the trigger on the Plaid, with Teslas 200mph advert at the price they had it at, I’d be talking to an attorney about false/misleading advertising to gain a sale.
Please do not get me wrong. I have nothing against people that want to do the airport 1/2 mile runs and such or any other ways to have fun with the 200 mph. Those events can be a bucket of fun. It's just not my thing.

New Fremont Footage!! JAMMIN' AGAIN!!!!

Just watched the Flyover and fount this disturbing scene for one lonely plaid:

00FD61D3-EBAB-4590-9CE6-AE844C0DC1D2.png

0DD9B77B-7A78-4CAD-A600-0B4467421278.jpeg

Is that the rear parcel shelf?

So, it looks like there will now be full peacock Plaids and peasant Plaids. :)

If the new 200 mph requirements are more than the previously advertised wheels and tires, it will be interesting to see how Tesla handles Plaid owners who took delivery before the wording change. I'll assume good intent for now. I also have no plans on going 200 mph, but I would like to get everything I paid for.
How will they handle early afoot or Plaid owners? You’re joking, right?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Stopped by the Rocklin CA service center, it looked closed but there was a car hauler unloading a model s and a few 3’s

I stopped by to take a closer look at the model s and see how many have build quality issues, luckily they had 2 red models, one of them was partially wrapped in the shipping protective film.

From what I saw it looked great, I’m pretty picky and I would have no issues accepting that car. So Tesla can definitely make cars with good fit and finish.

How will they handle early afoot or Plaid owners? You’re joking, right?
No -- that 200 mph spec was prominently advertised -- I don't think they can walk away from that without some legal and regulatory blowback. This is different from hitting the 0-60 times or even the infamous tilting screen and closer to the HPgate issue with the P85D.

No -- that 200 mph spec was prominently advertised -- I don't think they can walk away from that without some legal and regulatory blowback. This is different from hitting the 0-60 times or even the infamous tilting screen and closer to the HPgate issue with the P85D.

I created a thread over on Reddit yesterday, which has quite a few people up in arms there, too. I feel like Elon and co. are more likely to be monitoring Reddit than TMC, but who knows...

Maybe all those who bought a Model S Plaid before the verbiage change will get the 200mph unlock and free carbon ceramic brakes! Right? Right? Right? :D

@omarsultan But, no different than the false advertising of FSD on the order page in 2019. And with that, there was no restitution. BOHICA.

@WilliamG

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I created a thread over on Reddit yesterday, which has quite a few people up in arms there, too. I feel like Elon and co. are more likely to be monitoring Reddit than TMC, but who knows...

Maybe all those who bought a Model S Plaid before the verbiage change will get the 200mph unlock and free carbon ceramic brakes! Right? Right? Right? :D

@WilliamG Nice post, but dream on. We will get nothing, but a half shaft!

You’re probably right but it would be in Tesla’s best interest to just do the hardware upgrade for free… oh who am I kidding, apparently Tesla can do no wrong in the current market.
But we don't know what the required hardware upgrade is. If it is just wheels and tires, they already said that would be required so there is no reason that they would need to do it for free.

Even more importantly, if you bought the Plaid with 19" wheels, you can't even install the new brakes. You would have to buy new wheels and tires.