Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s crazy is how many cars they’re producing/moving - what parts/supply issue?
I can’t estimate, but is that 500 or more cars on the logistic lot? At 7 am thanksgiving?
we don’t know, is that it and done for the day or does that get refilled throughout the day?
the volume blows me away. Yes, I want my car NOW but when you consider what’s going on in the world, it’s amazing.
communication? 0/10. Production volume? 10/10
even ford executives say buy a Tesla versus a Mach-e!
It is truly astounding to me as well my friend! We are so lucky these cars are still being produced, and are continually improving even through his mess of a shortage.😁

Found a great in-depth review on the Plaid if anyone is interested. Relates to LR buyers like myself. Model S Plaid Review
I gave it about 90 seconds or so at the office - and was smiling. It's 55 minutes I just don't have right now, but I absolutely plan to watch it, maybe tonight.
Great find, thanks!!!!!

Improvement of subsets of features under EAP were not guaranteed. FSD hardware upgrade to HW3 is free if you purchase FSD as promised.

How does that make any sense? Smart summon wasn't even out when I purchased EAP.
When you buy something, do you not expect it to work? Smart summon basically does not work, and will never work on HW2.5.

FSD hardware upgrade should be FREE because the website said that FSD hardware is included standard with the vehicle.

Here are the pictures of the 2022 Model S window sticker. It was upside down, I think I have rotated them correctly. If anyone sees a difference with the 2021 you can mention it here. I really don't know of any difference. Looks like I missed by a week by the car primer date.

I hope it happens soon for you. I am chroming the wheels and painting the calipers after ppf .. or before!! The tires are HUGE.
Nice, looks like radar is still included on S! I thought they removed it since mention of it has been removed from the product page, but no one taking delivery recently was able to confirm until now.

I created a thread over on Reddit yesterday, which has quite a few people up in arms there, too. I feel like Elon and co. are more likely to be monitoring Reddit than TMC, but who knows...

Maybe all those who bought a Model S Plaid before the verbiage change will get the 200mph unlock and free carbon ceramic brakes! Right? Right? Right? :D

I think they missed a letter in this statement.....Now it says: "Top Speed, 200mph, when equipped with paid hardware upgrades."

Left out an "L". Should have read "Top Speed, 200mph, when equipped with pLaid hardware upgrades."

I think they missed a letter in this statement.....Now it says: "Top Speed, 200mph, when equipped with paid hardware upgrades."

Left out an "L". Should have read "Top Speed, 200mph, when equipped with pLaid hardware upgrades."
I think it's Tesla's first attempt at candor. Paid hardware upgrades. Otherwise they'll let you go to 163.
No Freudian slips for the monkey...

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Retroactively changing requirements for advertised features…

Indeed.

I have seen the rationale or basis for most of Tesla's decisions. Most. There have been a small sampling that have been otherwise. One well known one was the requirement to pay for the faulty memory in the original MCU. I opted for the MCU2, but I can understand why those not wanting the upgrade and with faulty MCUs were incensed. After much consternation, Tesla backed off, from what I recall.

This is another example and is 100% flawed. There was no explicit indication that to hit 200mph on a Plaid would be an additional/incremental cost. The site simply stated that the tires needed would be available in the Fall. Or that it would only work on the larger wheels. Availability and 'paid upgrade' are not automagically inclusive in my poor grasp of English.

And if the cost is more related to braking from that speed vs achieving that speed, it is even more so untenable.

They need to fix this. As someone else stated (the other Omar, I think), it's not that I will be going 200mph, but I should get everything I paid for.

The Plaid was marketed as such. That is a car that can get to 200mph and back. Safely and repeatedly.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Retroactively changing requirements for advertised features…
Im astounded at the lack of outrage by many plaid owners. Imagine neing told in writing, that your $140k car will have a top speed of 200mph once you purchase the special wheels needed to do so. (Which Tesla KNEW THEN..there were no "special" wheel requirements beyond the Arachnids when they put that sentence on the page. Similiar to Tesla KNOWING there would be no Robotaxi service in place by end of 2019 or 2020, whichever it was).

Then AFTER they get your money, moving the goal posts and saying "Give us $20k, and only THEN, will you get the 200mph we advertised and promised as part of the purchase agreement/contract between us".

They are masters at being Lucy with the football, and the customers being charlie brown