Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed.

I have seen the rationale or basis for most of Tesla's decisions. Most. There have been a small sampling that have been otherwise. One well known one was the requirement to pay for the faulty memory in the original MCU. I opted for the MCU2, but I can understand why those not wanting the upgrade and with faulty MCUs were incensed. After much consternation, Tesla backed off, from what I recall.

This is another example and is 100% flawed. There was no explicit indication that to hit 200mph on a Plaid would be an additional/incremental cost. The site simply stated that the tires needed would be available in the Fall. Or that it would only work on the larger wheels. Availability and 'paid upgrade' are not automagically inclusive in my poor grasp of English.

And if the cost is more related to braking from that speed vs achieving that speed, it is even more so untenable.

They need to fix this. As someone else stated (the other Omar, I think), it's not that I will be going 200mph, but I should get everything I paid for.

The Plaid was marketed as such. That is a car that can get to 200mph and back. Safely and repeatedly.

Let me chime in here that I'm still incensed about MCU1. Almost a year and they have not replaced the chip. Hopeful they will next month.

back on topic...

EDD is for my plain MS is still unchanged March - April

If Tesla made good on interior lights, active noise cancel, 200 mph, and other things implied or promised, I would definitely consider changing to plaid.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Im astounded at the lack of outrage by many plaid owners. Imagine neing told in writing, that your $140k car will have a top speed of 200mph once you purchase the special wheels needed to do so. (Which Tesla KNEW THEN..there were no "special" wheel requirements beyond the Arachnids when they put that sentence on the page. Similiar to Tesla KNOWING there would be no Robotaxi service in place by end of 2019 or 2020, whichever it was).

Then AFTER they get your money, moving the goal posts and saying "Give us $20k, and only THEN, will you get the 200mph we advertised and promised as part of the purchase agreement/contract between us".

They are masters at being Lucy with the football, and the customers being charlie brown

Plaid owners don't have to be charlie brown.

One well placed tweet from an influencer or celebrity is all it takes to get the ball rolling.

Let me chime in here that I'm still incensed about MCU1. Almost a year and they have not replaced the chip. Hopeful they will next month.

back on topic...

EDD is for my plain MS is still unchanged March - April

If Tesla made good on interior lights, active noise cancel, 200 mph, and other things implied or promised, I would definitely consider changing to plaid.
I don’t understand the demand for soft glow color sticks in the interior.

Indeed.

I have seen the rationale or basis for most of Tesla's decisions. Most. There have been a small sampling that have been otherwise. One well known one was the requirement to pay for the faulty memory in the original MCU. I opted for the MCU2, but I can understand why those not wanting the upgrade and with faulty MCUs were incensed. After much consternation, Tesla backed off, from what I recall.

This is another example and is 100% flawed. There was no explicit indication that to hit 200mph on a Plaid would be an additional/incremental cost. The site simply stated that the tires needed would be available in the Fall. Or that it would only work on the larger wheels. Availability and 'paid upgrade' are not automagically inclusive in my poor grasp of English.

And if the cost is more related to braking from that speed vs achieving that speed, it is even more so untenable.

They need to fix this. As someone else stated (the other Omar, I think), it's not that I will be going 200mph, but I should get everything I paid for.

The Plaid was marketed as such. That is a car that can get to 200mph and back. Safely and repeatedly.
Do they say carbon brakes are required for 200 mph?

So DCU sent out cashier's check with the VIN # on it (rather than the RN ). Does anyone know what happens if my VIN changes (if I reject it, hold out for NF, etc)? Do they need to send a new check, or can I can just draw a line through it and write the new # or RN?
Memo lines on checks are unenforceable - no legal effect. As long as the check is made out to the right party (Tesla), neither DCU nor Tesla should care. DCU might care for their informational purposes though, so you could always do as you note and write in the new VIN.

Memo lines on checks are unenforceable - no legal effect. As long as the check is made out to the right party (Tesla), neither DCU nor Tesla should care. DCU might care for their informational purposes though, so you could always do as you note and write in the new VIN.
FWIW, my credit union (AAFCU) puts the VIN on as well. I asked about the RN and they would have done it, however, if you get a car with a different VIN they need resigned documents anyway because their money is on a particular VIN and not a particular transaction or reservation.

I don’t understand the demand for soft glow color sticks in the interior.
I like the soft glow lights. Have them on our BMW’s and once you have them hard to go backwards. Seems like a no brainer for a $95k plus car, but then it is missing a lot of luxuries that BMW, Mercedes and Porsche owners have become accustomed too.

Can’t wait to get my Model S LR back from detailer on Wen, so can really see if will like it and keep it. :)

FWIW, my credit union (AAFCU) puts the VIN on as well. I asked about the RN and they would have done it, however, if you get a car with a different VIN they need resigned documents anyway because their money is on a particular VIN and not a particular transaction or reservation.
Agree about all the other documents, but the check itself is not enforceable/unenforceable because of what's on the memo line.

Im astounded at the lack of outrage by many plaid owners. Imagine neing told in writing, that your $140k car will have a top speed of 200mph once you purchase the special wheels needed to do so. (Which Tesla KNEW THEN..there were no "special" wheel requirements beyond the Arachnids when they put that sentence on the page. Similiar to Tesla KNOWING there would be no Robotaxi service in place by end of 2019 or 2020, whichever it was).

Then AFTER they get your money, moving the goal posts and saying "Give us $20k, and only THEN, will you get the 200mph we advertised and promised as part of the purchase agreement/contract between us".

They are masters at being Lucy with the football, and the customers being charlie brown
Lol I just found out about it now. I've been super busy so I've been out of the loop for a few weeks.
I doubt I'll ever need to go 200mph but I'd like to even just once. I have a feeling Tesla will end up doing the right thing., I hope..