Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably seems reasonable. Slightly more range than the Lightning, the Ford will raise all the ratings just prior to launch.

That’s how they do the diesel pickup wars and I’d expect this to be similar.

They will all pretend that Tesla does not exist. That other pollsters do not exist and make believe they are just appealing to the mass market. And that is exactly where the danger lies for them.
Exactly lol!

Oh wow congrats dude! What spec? Max pack?

Max pack, 20” blackout all terrain with spare, off-road, green exterior & interior (never had a green car before let alone green seats, but they look pretty cool with the lighting and wood trim, and I’m a Philly Eagles fan). Got the kitchen and tent. Would love to take a couple of months out of the mainstream and do the Trans-Continental Trail. We’ll see if I can persuade the Mrs.

Max pack, 20” blackout all terrain with spare, off-road, green exterior & interior (never had a green car before let alone green seats, but they look pretty cool with the lighting and wood trim, and I’m a Philly Eagles fan). Got the kitchen and tent. Would love to take a couple of months out of the mainstream and do the Trans-Continental Trail. We’ll see if I can persuade the Mrs.
Oh dammmmmnnnn nice spec dude!!! I hope the Max Pack gets EPA rated soon... Saw some calculations that put the range at ~410 miles IIRC. Should be just about as fast despite the extra 55kWh.
If you're curious, I watched this video yesterday, and it's the first one I've seen delve into the Rivian battery tech:

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc and impastu
Oh dammmmmnnnn nice spec dude!!! I hope the Max Pack gets EPA rated soon... Saw some calculations that put the range at ~410 miles IIRC. Should be just about as fast despite the extra 55kWh.
If you're curious, I watched this video yesterday, and it's the first one I've seen delve into the Rivian battery tech:

Very interesting video. thank you for sharing. I suspect the axial cooling approach makes more sense for the Rivian given the height profile of the frame. I don't think it would be practical for the low profile SEXY models. Perhaps the C/T, but then I wonder if Tesla would move to a new pack structure for the C/T (which would work well for the semi also).

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Very interesting video. thank you for sharing. I suspect the axial cooling approach makes more sense for the Rivian given the height profile of the frame. I don't think it would be practical for the low profile SEXY models. Perhaps the C/T, but then I wonder if Tesla would move to a new pack structure for the C/T (which would work well for the semi also).
Oh yeah CT will have full front and rear castings along with the structural pack, with the 4680s seemingly being bottomed cooled. The CT needs them to work.
I'm not so sure about the Semi, as the load needs for a vehicle with a 20k+ pound curb weight (and an 80,000 pound GVWR) are very different from consumer vehicles (Tesla Semi 4680 Battery Pack Engineering Analysis), but it may employ some form of the structural pack.
So yeah any 4680 equipped Tesla will have that cooling strategy, as it seems to be an integral part of the pack design.

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
Oh yeah CT will have full front and rear castings along with the structural pack, with the 4680s seemingly being bottomed cooled. The CT needs them to work.
I'm not so sure about the Semi, as the load needs for a vehicle with a 20k+ pound curb weight (and an 80,000 pound GVWR) are very different from consumer vehicles (Tesla Semi 4680 Battery Pack Engineering Analysis), but it may employ some form of the structural pack.
So yeah any 4680 equipped Tesla will have that cooling strategy, as it seems to be an integral part of the pack design.
For semi it's all about pack density...kWh/kg...in order to preserve as much of that 80,000 GVWR for payload.

For semi it's all about pack density...kWh/kg...in order to preserve as much of that 80,000 GVWR for payload.
Exactly. A friend of mine and I have talked over what density for such cars as the Roadster will be, and he has an estimate for pack level density on Roadster. The issue is, we have no clue 1: on what they are using for pack construction, and 2: what the density looks like when it is scaled to nearly a 1 MWh pack or beyond. I mean even the CT is hard to determine because it will have over twice the size of the battery and weigh more than the 82kWh MY that the 4680 numbers were given on.
We do know that Semi will use Tesla's 4680 chemistry with the highest amount of nickel (the Roadster and CT will use these as well), and thus have the highest densities. So it'll likely be around 300wh/kg or better at the cell level. It's just how much packing material they use, and whether the cells are stressed structural members that will determine that pack level number.... I suspect it'll still be really good; it's just hard to pin down.

What's a MS DM?
Model S Dual Motor. The "Long Range" name has been discontinued, and that's what Tesla calls it now:
Screenshot (153).png
Screenshot (154)_LI.jpg

Does anyone has any idea when we will see Matrix Headlights at-least in plaid.. Kind of bummed that Model Y performance has it but not the Plaid Model S. Or if it does already than maybe a firmware upgrade ?
Hopefully soon, as they are modifying the taillights, and those should be out soon. So I'm hoping that while they're at it, they can upgrade the lights to, especially as full on matrix lights will be legal soon in the US.

Reactions: jebinc and impastu
Hopefully soon, as they are modifying the taillights, and those should be out soon. So I'm hoping that while they're at it, they can upgrade the lights to, especially as full on matrix lights will be legal soon in the US.
Aha, I thought matrix lights were already legal since November of this year.