Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I attended one. It was all very basic information. If you haven't driven a Tesla before, it may be useful, but most of the information they tell you, you'd gain from a test drive.
i feel like i'm "getting close" - i got an email invitation (i've heard of these) for a live chat.
I can't imagine what would be worse, this or dropping a brick on my toe.
anybody actually "attend" one of these, and was it worthwhile? i'm sure it will feel endless! :)
I figure i can pick up more by reading a mere 4,010 pages of this thread.
View attachment 754293
Yup. But you do get to ask questions via chat. I learned a few things.....back to topic. Holly cow. From a breath away to a solid sneeze....a full month! But window is tighter. :)

Hopefully this is related to the rumored changes. Been tracking inventory for last several weeks and new VINs seemed to be rare. But data is sketchy.

1641851423641.png

Meanwhile our MYP EDD is making wife laugh....and me cry a wee bit....today is the 10th....

1641851436178.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m loving the yellow. Should fit right in.
That looks cool. I was thinking about ordering black plates and forgot about it after I got the car. I like how you brought the yellow on black theme to the Tesla print and logo on the rear of the car. Depending on what kind of yellow the stickers are, I may copy you.

Question for you guys, it says I need to make my final payment (my down payment, not loan stuff) Should I pay that and withhold the loan check? It still says they're building the car and I don't have any options to schedule delivery.
I would definitely withhold the "final payment" as they call it until you take delivery.Or at the very least until you have a delivery date scheduled and they haven't cancelled it the day of...

I would definitely withhold the "final payment" as they call it until you take delivery.Or at the very least until you have a delivery date scheduled and they haven't cancelled it the day of...
Once paid they might not be in a hurry. I had a scheduled (not estimated) delivery date of 1/31 - was cancelled on 1/30. A new delivery date was scheduled for today 2/10, I paid in full last Friday 1/7. I showed up at the service center this morning at 10am as scheduled, car was not there. Now rescheduled for 1/12. Paid in full, all pre-delivery tasks completed, still waiting. At least they paid for an Uber ride back home. Getting close but no cigar.

Once paid they might not be in a hurry. I had a scheduled (not estimated) delivery date of 1/31 - was cancelled on 1/30. A new delivery date was scheduled for today 2/10, I paid in full last Friday 1/7. I showed up at the service center this morning at 10am as scheduled, car was not there. Now rescheduled for 1/12. Paid in full, all pre-delivery tasks completed, still waiting. At least they paid for an Uber ride back home. Getting close but no cigar.
Whether or not your delivery gets rescheduled has nothing to do with them being relaxed because they have your money. A single sale is like the relative value of a gum ball.

Hypothetical: let's say Tela offers two upgrades, starting tomorrow.
(1) For $7k -- New headlight and taillight retrofit. No change in charger port. Includes labor.
(2) For $6k -- Acceleration unlock. Plaids go 0.2 sec faster ("under 1.8 sec" 0-60), whereas LRs go 0.5 sec faster (2.6 sec 0-60).

Do you buy one? Both? Neither?
Way too much for lights. More interested in 1/4mi time for Plaid, not 0-60

Hypothetical: let's say Tela offers two upgrades, starting tomorrow.
(1) For $7k -- New headlight and taillight retrofit. No change in charger port. Includes labor.
(2) For $6k -- Acceleration unlock. Plaids go 0.2 sec faster ("under 1.8 sec" 0-60), whereas LRs go 0.5 sec faster (2.6 sec 0-60).

Do you buy one? Both? Neither?
1. Too expensive. Throw in the active spoiler and drop it to 3-4k with a core exchange. Then maybe.
2. Nah. As @lbowroom stated, don’t need any more off the 0-60 for Plaid. Maybe LR. Rather, add cross drilled rotors, bigger brakes that don’t cost the 20k they are asking now.

Last edited: