Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just as I had suspected, my EDD changed from 2/24-3/24 to 3/11-3/31

Sigh. This is kinda annoying if I’m being honest, makes me want to just go get a used model from a non Tesla dealer. I’ve been tracking some pretty good options and at this point might go that route.

Buuut at the same time, the new headlights and taillights… what to do what to do

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Got it, thanks so much for the info. One last question - is there any way to see the counter somewhere or is there a way to ‘break out of it’?
You don’t ‘break out of it’ on your own. You need to have service turn off the ‘islanded factory release’ mode. Then it will join the fleet in terms of regular updates.

Oh, boy. With this shift, I’ll be getting more than just new lights. What rumors should we start for July deliveries?

C006C220-13ED-442B-A932-EBBEE4B95E70.jpeg

Alright placed my order for MS Plaid end of January. First EDD was Feb 17 - Mar 17, then Feb 21 - Mar 14, then Feb 28 - Mar 8, and just now got assigned VIN with Mar 1 - Mar 4. VIN is a 472. Anyone start seeing 472's yet? Wondering if this post line shut down or coming from pre shut down inventory so I can either finalize delivery or delay.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The MY has the same connector for both Matrix and non-Matrix lights.

It has been confirmed that you CANNOT drop in a pair of whichever lights and have them work. There is a software component at the very least.

So, at least for M3, the CAN bus seems to be the same. The real question is, has anyone from MY/3 forum successfully swapped to new Matrix light?

Alright placed my order for MS Plaid end of January. First EDD was Feb 17 - Mar 17, then Feb 21 - Mar 14, then Feb 28 - Mar 8, and just now got assigned VIN with Mar 1 - Mar 4. VIN is a 472. Anyone start seeing 472's yet? Wondering if this post line shut down or coming from pre shut down inventory so I can either finalize delivery or delay.
Seems likely to have been produced pre-shut down, as several other forum members have reported receiving NF472 VINs prior to the shut down. I'm picking my MSLR up on Tuesday, and it has a VIN of NF471 (born on 2/9, so definitely before the shut down). It doesn't seem like the production has resumed yet, post-shut down.