Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also tesla-info site also confirms no radar. Shame. I will look into retrofit possibility when I get my car. If my EDD is true, it should be very soon.

Even if the harness was there, and you managed to change the option, the Tesla automation systems would just change it back, unless you disconnected your vehicle from Tesla:

Regardless, you'll have to disconnect the vehicle from Tesla to be able to do what you want to do these days anyway. Any time an option is changed, their teleforce bot reaches in and resets it back to what their server side says.

The only way to do it would be if Tesla would make the change and I highly doubt that will happen.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
And still..the headlight photos are still like bigfoot pics of the 70's.

CAN SOMEONE GET A FULL COMPLETE FRONT SHOT OF THE NEW HEADLIGHTS DAMMIT
Is this better?
model-s-headlights-768x512.jpg

Now we just need to first person that got the new lights to take them apart and see if they are the same fitment / connection as the old. It’s part of your civic duty of being first. Get your Torx wrench and get busy sir!
Judging by the 3/Y matrix headlights being direct drop-ins, I think we're likely to see the same for the S/X (although they could've just as easily changed things, that would cost them more for no real benefit).

The problem is now getting them to update car configs that have been retrofitted. There should be no issue after the software is aware that it's communicating with the new-style light as opposed to the original, but with service centers booked weeks out for "real" problems, they're not likely to be receptive to adding more work to the plate (although I'd gladly pay an hour or even two of labor to have them correctly and permanently update config of retrofitted parts).

Judging by the 3/Y matrix headlights being direct drop-ins, I think we're likely to see the same for the S/X (although they could've just as easily changed things, that would cost them more for no real benefit).

The problem is now getting them to update car configs that have been retrofitted. There should be no issue after the software is aware that it's communicating with the new-style light as opposed to the original, but with service centers booked weeks out for "real" problems, they're not likely to be receptive to adding more work to the plate (although I'd gladly pay an hour or even two of labor to have them correctly and permanently update config of retrofitted parts).
We have reports that someone said the wiring harness is different, and that there is an additional matrix module that would have to be installed. I don't know if either are true, but it is certainly possible.

For those of us that remembered/booked travel after receiving a recent VIN, is there any way to know if old inventory our configuration has been depleted?
I think the new refresh start in the high 472xxx VINs. The person that got the first new version of the plaid this weekend was a 472.

Last edited:
Lol, I know you're joking but to be clear for others who may not realize it, there are no more wood trims in the newer Plaids. That was a temporary thing last year when they were having supply issues for carbon fiber. Model S has wood, Model S Plaid only carbon fiber.
He trying to trick me into a plaid order...
Still firm on LR, but if they brought back the wood trim, IDK...

Lol, I know you're joking but to be clear for others who may not realize it, there are no more wood trims in the newer Plaids. That was a temporary thing last year when they were having supply issues for carbon fiber. Model S has wood, Model S Plaid only carbon fiber.

I'm happy to report that my Plaid has Walnut!

I think the new refresh start in the high 472xxx VINs. The person that got the first new version of the plaid this weekend was a 472.
Darn, so the only way to know would be to get assigned another VIN. I was hoping there might be some other way of knowing what old cars are floating around still in case we're worried about getting matched to one.

I want to lift the hold on my account but not until I'm confident I won't get matched to another "old" car!

Darn, so the only way to know would be to get assigned another VIN. I was hoping there might be some other way of knowing what old cars are floating around still in case we're worried about getting matched to one.

I want to lift the hold on my account but not until I'm confident I won't get matched to another "old" car!
Should not be too much longer before you can be sure yours will be the latest and greatest. Maybe just a week longer.