Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see the people with the 21s are really trying to justify their purchase. Look if I wanted to blow another 5 grand, it wouldn't be on wheels that made my car slower and 15% less range for slightly better looking wheels.

The 19s look great without the wheel covers on. There's also a lot better aftermarket wheels for that kind of money.

I could say those things if I wanted to critique people's buying choices, but I don't care what other people like.

My overall point is don't try to make people feel bad for their choice. People like different things and that's okay. If you like the 21s great, but nobody cares whether or not you don't like the 19s.
It’s not just about the wheels, though. The PS4S are incredible tires, too…

Finally picking up my MSLR tmrw (theoretically). It’s due in to the store today or tmrw. Originally had scheduled Saturday delivery but I asked if I could move it to Thursday and they said yes. So hopefully it does happen for me. Ordered in august though in fairness I did reject a car in early March.
So I went to the Tesla store early this morning. Parking lot empty except for ONE model S that matched my specs. I check the VIN - it’s different by a single digit at the end of the the VIN (like 6 instead of 4). Only other thing different was digit 9 which is apparently a randomly generated “check digit” to prevent fraud (or something like that). Car matches my specs exactly and is at same location. Does this suggest perhaps that they coordinate similar builds to locale? I assume final digit refers to production order but don’t know that.

I see the people with the 21s are really trying to justify their purchase. Look if I wanted to blow another 5 grand, it wouldn't be on wheels that made my car slower and 15% less range for slightly better looking wheels.

The 19s look great without the wheel covers on. There's also a lot better aftermarket wheels for that kind of money.

I could say those things if I wanted to critique people's buying choices, but I don't care what other people like.

My overall point is don't try to make people feel bad for their choice. People like different things and that's okay. If you like the 21s great, but nobody cares whether or not you don't like the 19s.

Are you saying those things are just saying that you could say those things?

And yes, wheel shaming is not a good thing (unless it is a plaid with the 19", wheel covers, and all seasons - j/k).

So I still can't figure out car wash mode. Put it in car wash mode, entered the wash. I know you then have to hit the freeroll button which is stupid. But my button wasn't lit up where I could even push it. Then the wash rollers started and I look like an idiot, found the neutral button and got it into neutral. Then at the end of the wash I couldn't get the dumb thing back in drive.

This is so stupid! You should hit carwash mode when you are in the wash and it automatically puts it in neutral and then at the end of the wash hit exit car wash mode and it puts it in forward.

So I still can't figure out car wash mode. Put it in car wash mode, entered the wash. I know you then have to hit the freeroll button which is stupid. But my button wasn't lit up where I could even push it. Then the wash rollers started and I look like an idiot, found the neutral button and got it into neutral. Then at the end of the wash I couldn't get the dumb thing back in drive.

This is so stupid! You should hit carwash mode when you are in the wash and it automatically puts it in neutral and then at the end of the wash hit exit car wash mode and it puts it in forward.

Actually not stupid at all. Just practice a few times. I held up the line and set off the alarm my first time until I followed instructions.

I put in carwash mode when I am checking in with the attendant. It will stay on as long as you stay under 10MPH. So pull head to begin slowly. While you are waiting on the rollers, press the brake - the freeroll will be available, Quickly push it and let go of the brake. Easy as that. At the end, lightly tap the brake so you can put it back in drive.

Just curious...anyone with an original plaid plus order from 2020 still waiting for their car?
Wondering, who is the oldest outstanding order of them all?
I am. Sort of.

Order placed on battery day. Took delivery 3/30 with you there. :)

We were so excited.

But I am still waiting…..it’s been pretty much with Service since then.

19’s or 21’s; they are all good and a personal thing like you say. I ordered 21’s because of looks and wanted my car quicker. I got the car within a few months of ordering, sold the 21’s for even better looking lightweight forged 20’s and am a happy guy. 🍻🍻
I like the looks of the 21s but the practicality on Illinois roads is a bit in question. Also difficult to buy all season tires for 21s. If I lived in a warm climate with good roads I would definitely go with 21s.
At $100k plus for a car the difference of $5k or 20 miles per charge really does not enter into my reasoning. I ordered 19s for my car but may get some aftermarket 20s to strike a nice balance between looks and practicality.
As for the travel charger. Tesla don't get cheap on me. On our Model 3 the travel charger is the primary charger. On my Model S I will need the travel charger for my vacation property. Why should I have to buy a charger for every location? I also live in the Midwest where superchargers are not as ubiquitous as they are on the coast. A $100K car should come complete. Do not start nickel and diming me now.

Just to clarify my position I do not like the Arachnids nor do I think they are a good value. Hopefully no one takes my tongue in cheek bashing of 19" Plaid drivers personally....

Is anybody running 315s for the rears? The OEM size Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 295/30/21 are backordered with a long wait. I need both rears replaced and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 315/30/21 are available now. I have Signature SV104 wheels and Jamie @SignatureSales says they will fit.

Any problems with this size? I have ordered these and have a couple days to cancel if there are issues.
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 315/30/21

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Actually not stupid at all. Just practice a few times. I held up the line and set off the alarm my first time until I followed instructions.

I put in carwash mode when I am checking in with the attendant. It will stay on as long as you stay under 10MPH. So pull head to begin slowly. While you are waiting on the rollers, press the brake - the freeroll will be available, Quickly push it and let go of the brake. Easy as that. At the end, lightly tap the brake so you can put it back in drive.
Does this serve the purpose of letter the car go through the car wash DRIVERLESS? I have a brushless carwash I used with my old MS which required an attendant (or me) to be in the driver's seat while in neutral. For this function to have any value, you should be able to put the car in neutral and get out of the car, and when you return to the car and sit down, then it should either be easy to shift back in gear or it should do it for you. It would be dumb for park to engage or else you run the risk of other problems like being rear-ended.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Does this serve the purpose of letter the car go through the car wash DRIVERLESS? I have a brushless carwash I used with my old MS which required an attendant (or me) to be in the driver's seat while in neutral. For this function to have any value, you should be able to put the car in neutral and get out of the car, and when you return to the car and sit down, then it should either be easy to shift back in gear or it should do it for you. It would be dumb for park to engage or else you run the risk of other problems like being rear-ended.

I will play with it later but I believe it will remain in neutral so you can get out. Do not plan on using it much since I usually hand wash.

Got a text from Tesla to schedule the delivery.
Clicked on the link and none of the days and times are available. I chose every single time on every day they have on there and keep getting the this appointment time is no longer available message

Ok. Guess I’ll wait for them to call

Nah, they will just cancel your order because you didn't schedule a delivery time. :eek:

Is anybody running 315s for the rears? The OEM size Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 295/30/21 are backordered with a long wait. I need both rears replaced and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 315/30/21 are available now. I have Signature SV104 wheels and Jamie @SignatureSales says they will fit.

Any problems with this size? I have ordered these and have a couple days to cancel if there are issues.
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 315/30/21
@Tex EV what tires did you replace yours with? Know you had trouble finding a tire.

Nah, they will just cancel your order because you didn't schedule a delivery time. :eek:
I tried. Not a single time slot is available on any of the available days
A75F38F8-B15C-4A57-8294-A67FCAFAE04B.png