Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“Transfers” were never possible. Has to stay in your account. You update registration, insurance, license, trade info on the order of the buyers name. Tesla is watching out for this now and order will likely disappear if you do it.
You can't even edit that info once you've put it in though.

I'll probably just take delivery and decide which one I like more, current P100D or the new LR and sell the one that I don't like as much. Thinking I'll keep my P100D but who knows I may be surprised.

It'll tie up money and just give free tax money to the state but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised with the refresh.

You can't even edit that info once you've put it in though.

I'll probably just take delivery and decide which one I like more, current P100D or the new LR and sell the one that I don't like as much. Thinking I'll keep my P100D but who knows I may be surprised.

It'll tie up money and just give free tax money to the state but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised with the refresh.
Some things you can some you can’t. You need to find a willing SA to wipe it. That’s how I got my car.

You took over someone else's order?
Yup. Back in December. Delivered in March.
It was a bit painful. A week later we started seeing posts of Tesla putting a stop to it. Seller was not a “flipper” he ordered 3 cars and took 2 to keep. The original order was from September. We split the savings which wasn’t much. And I had a December order I just let go. An SA helped us do it. Once SA cleared it, it prompted for License and Proof of insurance all over again. I even did a trade in

Yup. Back in December. Delivered in March.
It was a bit painful. A week later we started seeing posts of Tesla putting a stop to it. Seller was not a “flipper” he ordered 3 cars and took 2 to keep. The original order was from September. We split the savings which wasn’t much. And I had a December order I just let go. An SA helped us do it. Once SA cleared it, it prompted for License and Proof of insurance all over again. I even did a trade in
Interesting. Guess it's safer to just take delivery. Selling it at the current MSRP would net me a decent profit and offer someone immediate delivery.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
91A8F735-E54E-4E8F-8DA6-A4DECE5557CE.png

5th reschedule and counting. Was not even planning to take time off work because I knew it wasn’t coming.

View attachment 807421
5th reschedule and counting. Was not even planning to take time off work because I knew it wasn’t coming.

You should definitely ask to be un-assigned from this VIN asap.
At this point you have higher chances of getting a newer VIN assigned once you let go of this one and the new car will be less likely to be faulty because this VIN looks like a dud. I’m almost certain it is even if they (Tesla) deny the possibility.

It is an older VIN (knowing from our previous conversation). It was already declined (probably because it was undeliverable due to whatever “fault/issue” it is that they aren’t admitting.)

much newer VINs are being delivered even to the East Coast and Hawaii so logistics can’t be blamed here. I’m fairly certain the car’s a dud and it’s taking them a lot of effort to try and fix it.

View attachment 807421

You should definitely ask to be un-assigned from this VIN asap.
At this point you have higher chances of getting a newer VIN assigned once you let go of this one and the new car will be less likely to be faulty because this VIN looks like a dud. I’m almost certain it is even if they (Tesla) deny the possibility.

It is an older VIN (knowing from our previous conversation). It was already declined (probably because it was undeliverable due to whatever “fault/issue” it is that they aren’t admitting.)

much newer VINs are being delivered even to the East Coast and Hawaii so logistics can’t be blamed here. I’m fairly certain the car’s a dud and it’s taking them a lot of effort to try and fix it.
I’m going to! At this point I want to see how long they can keep this up. I’ve asked them what’s up with it, they won’t tell me anything.

I’m going to! At this point I want to see how long they can keep this up. I’ve asked them what’s up with it, they won’t tell me anything.

They won’t.
But un-assigning now will put you back in line now and reduce further delays. You’ll be back in the system/queue because trust me you don’t want them to force this car onto you once its fully “fixed” after they take everything apart leaving it all creeking and unfinished feeling (if they even manage to get it fixed up in the next couple of weeks/months).

Its wasting your time more than it is wasting theirs.

Hoping you get a car soon without any issues!

They won't disclose anything. In my case they lied to me. The sooner you decline that VIN, the sooner a good build will have your name on it.

Last edited:
Thanks @Rikster

You were the first member that I thought of when I didn't get the tilt screen your words of wisdom at the time you decided to keep your VIN without the updates.

Totally agree with you. Take it when you can as I do not want to enter back into the waiting game.

Glad to hear you are enjoying yours!!!

How was the delivery experience in KC?
The delivery experience was just ok. My car was generally clean (though not as clean as I like to keep it myself). The salesman acted shocked that I had gotten Summer tires instead of the all-seasons he had been promising me all along, and said this was the first LR with 19 inch wheels he had seen with the summer tires. I then proceeded to walk around the lot and I found like 3-4 other LR's with Summer Tires, so it was clear he was just saying stuff to placate me, as I figured.

There were some panel misalignments and other obvious issues he had looked right past (of course). The frunk had part of the inside trim protruding through the panel gap pretty badly on one side...

The service guys were able to readjust things and fix the frunk trim quickly, and my SA was able to "sweeten the deal" by offering to order me the correct all-season tires (and I got to keep the old Pirelli summer tires), plus he threw in a full set of winter floor mats and the trunk mat for no charge, which I did appreciate.

This was the 4th car I've picked up from the KC location, and I think the people there are genuinely trying to do the right thing.

I'm so glad your car is finally on its way! You'll be blown away by the quality, power, interior, etc., there's no doubt! I absolutely LOVE my car and am so happy I picked it up when I did!