Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked her up:

image.jpeg

Wink about autopilot 2.0? What does that mean?

If t mean you have 2.0 it would literally be biggest news on this forum. Worth clarification IMHO. Hope I get a wink too
I specifically asked if I had the harness/wiring for AP 2.0. He replied "we'll see" and winked. So i don't think you can assume from that that the car is AP 2.0 ready.

Yes, please do clarify what you think the wink implied.
Maybe there is and maybe there isn't. I specifically asked about harness/wiring. That already appears to be a good possibility based on articles we've seen.

You brought your own detailing guy to take delivery? Is this a common thing? Am I making a mistake not doing that?
I have known Joe for years from when he started at Orinda. He did the work on our first Tesla. I knew from talking to someone else that he had taken delivery for them. Since I'm having him do a lot on this vehicle and his new shop is close to the Fremont delivery center I thought I'd give it a shot and ask. Fortunately I didn't take delivery last weekend--he was busy at Monterey winning all the prizes for the detail work he did on a client's Mclaren. He found way more than I ever could and the DS seemed happy to have him there.

Reactions: fallen888
I have known Joe for years from when he started at Orinda. He did the work on our first Tesla. I knew from talking to someone else that he had taken delivery for them. Since I'm having him do a lot on this vehicle and his new shop is close to the Fremont delivery center I thought I'd give it a shot and ask. Fortunately I didn't take delivery last weekend--he was busy at Monterey winning all the prizes for the detail work he did on a client's Mclaren. He found way more than I ever could and the DS seemed happy to have him there.
Find out more like what?!

Find out more like what?!
A very tiny nick in the paint in the area where the back window is. Bits of tape in the upper part of the fins next to the foglights that will be removed. Gap issues which to me were acceptable but which the DS agreed could be fixed. Buffer marks on the pano roof glass (I never did actually see them, but he says they are there). I had already gone over the car once before Joe got there, and those were what he found. Honestly, I am willing to bet most cars have these types of issues (not just Tesla). Joe is just that good, having done over 1000 Model S's and a few hundred X's.

Reactions: number12
A very tiny nick in the paint in the area where the back window is. Bits of tape in the upper part of the fins next to the foglights that will be removed. Gap issues which to me were acceptable but which the DS agreed could be fixed. Buffer marks on the pano roof glass (I never did actually see them, but he says they are there). I had already gone over the car once before Joe got there, and those were what he found. Honestly, I am willing to bet most cars have these types of issues (not just Tesla). Joe is just that good, having done over 1000 Model S's and a few hundred X's.

Thanks for sharing your experience! If possible, could you please check with Joe about the fit and finish for other cars in similar class, like Mercedes S or BMW 7? He seems to be the right guy to give expert opinion on this matter. Thanks!

My vehicle went into production yesterday (Friday, or technically Saturday morning if you go by when I got the email). I got another email Saturday evening (6:08 p.m.) indicating that my vehicle had completed production....a total of 1 day for production or even less if you go by length of time between the two emails.

Should I be concerned about quality issues given the rapid pace of production?

My vehicle went into production yesterday (Friday, or technically Saturday morning if you go by when I got the email). I got another email Saturday evening (6:08 p.m.) indicating that my vehicle had completed production....a total of 1 day for production or even less if you go by length of time between the two emails.

They are just status updates from a factory, not where a UPS package is. Don't freak out, it will be fine.

I wouldn't be concerned. I was obsessively checking My Tesla page and saw the "in production" status a day or two before receiving the email notifying me about being in production. I'm guessing that the email blasts aren't triggered in real-time, but are batched and often delayed.

Thanks for sharing your experience! If possible, could you please check with Joe about the fit and finish for other cars in similar class, like Mercedes S or BMW 7? He seems to be the right guy to give expert opinion on this matter. Thanks!
I realized when I posted I should have included that. He did say, because of the very soft paint for all of the high end cars, including Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, he sees this all the time on these cars. And the gaps, too...these are slight millimeter gaps in rubber seals, etc. For example, he had me point out to the DS a section at the end of the front passenger door sill that gave a bit under pressure...just in case the clip underneath was flawed and needed to be replaced at some point. When he says he is OCD about detailing, he truly is! In a good way!

Reactions: TMSE
Ordered Aug 15
Confirmed Aug 21 (wish I'd known you could confirm early!)
Computer says "September-Early October" but DS thinks it will be September.

Black everything, Pano roof, Autopilot, Premium Upgrades.

SF Bay Area, picking up from Fremont

I've controlled myself to refresh My Tesla only two or three times a day. Glad there's a therapy group this this for the anxious expecting...

I placed my order on Aug 22nd to take advantage of the delivery fee being waived.
They did tell me I'd have to take the car in September...Just confirmed my order and the site shows late Sept / Oct.
I'm in Toronto Canada...so I'd expect freight to take a while even after the car is ready.
Time for the waiting game....

I placed my order on Aug 22nd to take advantage of the delivery fee being waived.
They did tell me I'd have to take the car in September...Just confirmed my order and the site shows late Sept / Oct.
I'm in Toronto Canada...so I'd expect freight to take a while even after the car is ready.
Time for the waiting game....

What do you suppose happens if delivery occurs in October? Would their delay cause you to forfeit the discount?