Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The delay was due to a sensor issue:
Model S Deliveries - latest actual info on dates and vehicles being delivered | Forums | Tesla Motors

"We will have a fabulous driving weekend! Can't wait, though I've told my wife she is going to drive me everywhere. She doesn't drive the Roadster much, so I drive her everywhere. She asked if I didn't want to drive the Model S. I told her I really want to but I want to play with the touch screen even more! Of course, once I learn it, I think I may want to change seats.

We decided on the Sig red, white interior, carbon fiber accents, pano roof and kid seats. It is a performance model with the spoiler.

The chrome handle problem was resolved awhile ago. The delay was due to a sensor issue (I don't know the particulars but it wasn't major). We were scheduled to take delivery Monday but had to wait until Elon approved the release of the cars on Tuesday (for Elon and the rest of Tesla, "quality is job one" is not just a motto). Tuesday afternoon I got the call and requested delivery on Thursday afternoon.

We did do the factory tour on Monday. Every one of you should do the tour. It is amazing to see how your car is built--from the aluminum rolling in the front door to cars rolling out the back.

We are so appreciative to our Tesla family for delivering such a wonderful car."

Last edited:
Got my e-mail! Have to figure out a date but will be delivered sometime mid September. Reserved in May 2009 so I think I'm ready. Pretty excited and can't wait for everyone else to get theirs as they ramp up production at the factory.

Got my e-mail! Have to figure out a date but will be delivered sometime mid September. Reserved in May 2009 so I think I'm ready. Pretty excited and can't wait for everyone else to get theirs as they ramp up production at the factory.

#114 in Mid September sounds like the flood gates are opening...but I don't want to jinx it. Still cautiously optimistic.

...but ...that's in two weeks already! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I think in the current link for SSL #29, "Monday" was the day were they were informed of the delay, and no new scheduled date yet.

So apparently no door handle drama...

Thanks! It looks like they're starting to ramp things up so hopefully you don't have long to wait.

I talked to some of the assembly guys tonight, they are definitely ramping up - they were told this morning that the factory would be running all three days of the holiday weekend, no rest for the weary. Getting those cars out!

Updated delivery dates

While I was told early October as conservative estimate, I received an email today that delivery would be scheduled for Sept 14-28 and to give them my availability.

Looks like they are beginning to get them out!

Special Sig 64

This goes to my original assumption (which I didn't post as I didn't want to add fuel to the fire) that there is a stock pile of you guy's cars sitting at the factory. They probably have been going through a thorough inspection prior to release.

Congrats to all that are receiving your cars soon!

This goes to my original assumption (which I didn't post as I didn't want to add fuel to the fire) that there is a stock pile of you guy's cars sitting at the factory. They probably have been going through a thorough inspection prior to release.

Congrats to all that are receiving your cars soon!
I have two images fighting in my head. One is the "Elon's garage" (my term) of roadsters from the movies as they were dealing with the final details. The other is the EV-1 fenced in area with the protesters outside looking ready to storm the castle to save the endangered species. Hopefully it's more of the former and less of the latter.

It's been reported in various places that Elon is personally checking cars going out. While this is reassuring, it's probably also not speeding things up. Regardless, I know now of at least a couple of people who are in the low 100's and have received their delivery notifications.

Yes, looks like progress. :smile: